The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just passed out momentarily. Is there a trick that the participants will get treated like kings (and queens), but when they show up to Reunion Resort they will get punched in the face? There seems like there has to be an awful catch that has to balance out how awesome this is sounding.

I would imagine the virtual drool in the winners general direction by everyone other than JB/GG, and TC/Biggsy is about as negative as this one is going to get haha

This evening I will be putting a thread up with some instructions that EVERYBODY interested in this event is going to want to read.

sweet....I wont skim that!

The Morgan Cup Signup Info

The Morgan Cup Signup Info

The Morgan Cup signup begins tomorrow and we want to make sure that everybody understands the rules and signup. This thread will be closed and deleted tomorrow once the real thread goes up. If you dont know what the Morgan Cup is...Here is the thread.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?17384-The-Morgan-Cup-Want-to-be-a-Tour...

Step 1 - The Thread - We will be posting a thread tomorrow at 2pm EST that will have 3 questions in it that all can be answered from information found on the home page of this site. Either in one of our articles or radio shows. They are not difficult questions if you follow THP.

Step 2 - The Email - Once you have the correct answers, you will send an email to golfergal@thehackersparadise.com. Your email will contain these 3 things.

* The answers to the questions
* The best email address & phone number to contact you back that day
* Your forum screen name

Step 3 - The Wait - THP will pick the attendees 4 at a time and send them an email indicating that they have officially made the cut and that they should send money and indicate where to send it.

Step 4 - Payment - If/when you receive that response from GolferGal in your inbox, you will have 60 minutes to confirm your spot via payment. If you do not confirm your spot with in the allotted time, it will be passed on to the next in line. Payment must be done via PayPal Credit Card only. No E-Checks permitted.

Step 5 - Announcement - THP will announce each person after the spots have been confirmed in a new thread.

Step 6 - We will start Step 3 over again with 4 more people receiving emails and will do this until all 14 spots have been filled.

Important Items to Know

Only one email is allowed per forum member.
Getting any of the questions wrong will eliminate your entry.
If you jump the gun and send payment via donation before being contacted, your money will NOT be refunded, but donated to a local charity.
There will be no refunds once you are confirmed for this event regardless of situation.

If you have questions about the signup, ask them now and GG and I will answer. Come tomorrow at 2pm EST, we will not be able to help with signup questions most likely.

Last edited:
this is awesome! Here I go again being nervous for tomorrow

Thank JB for making this super clear! This is such an amazing event! Kudos to you, GG and the rest of the THP gang and expecially TMaG and Callaway Golf for putting this together!

Just awesome stuff, good luck to everyone. Those directions are very clear so if you screw up I think its on you.

I'm going to be up all night studying - just like in college.... wait no...... that was beer pong..... well IF I had studied in college.... it would be like tonight

So you notify the first four, and once the destiny of those four are determined, you contact the next four?

Quick question: We can be contacted by phone that we made it right? Im just saying if Im #9 and the first 4 take 45 minutes and the next 4 take 45 minutes to confirm, that puts me at 330 and 430 to pay. I can leave my phone up at the front of the room during my exam with my teacher and if it rings Ill be able to answer it and pay right away. I just cant receive an email if writing, if that makes sense?

Nice. I'm ready to go.

So you notify the first four, and once the destiny of those four are determined, you contact the next four?

Quick question: We can be contacted by phone that we made it right? Im just saying if Im #9 and the first 4 take 45 minutes and the next 4 take 45 minutes to confirm, that puts me at 330 and 430 to pay. I can leave my phone up at the front of the room during my exam with my teacher and if it rings Ill be able to answer it and pay right away. I just cant receive an email if writing, if that makes sense?

Yes 4 at a time. Yes we can notify by phone if need be.

I hope spelling and grammar doesnt count. I sure do hope my words are coherent though.

lol i agree - im going to be so nervous - typing as fast as possible - i just hope i know all the questions - ive read i think every article and listened to every radio show. If i get stuck searching - that would really suck!!

good luck to ya and everyone else - event of a LIFETIME!!!

Im just glad its not a "write an essay" or "caption this" im just not creative - its a diff part of my brain - im technical/mathematically proficient -- not writing. So thats atleast a relief!

Good luck everybody. Can't wait to see who the players will be.

thanks for the official rules thread and sign up process. I'm very nervous and not overly optimistic about tomorrow. One thing if for sure, there will be a lot of nerves tomorrow, esp after the first 8-12 people have been confirmed.

I've got a good feeling for you Ddec!

Is there going to be a limit on the number of Canadians? LOL. I kid.

I'll be in the office all day tomorrow. Shaking and sweating until submission time. The sweating is the start of my The Morgan Cup weight loss program.

I know the goodies are cool, but if I get in, the idea of the format has me totally pumped. I love, love, love match play. And most likely, this will be the biggest event in which most, if not all, of us will have or will ever compete.

Way to go JB, GG, Taylor Made, and Callaway! And Reunion Resort!

Kevin

Very exciting...best of luck to everyone!! So excited that the sign-up is almost here!!

Thanks for the info JB. I am very excited for this. I have a feeling tomorrow morning at work is going to go by VERY slow. Good luck to everyone entering.

Pay Pal and I have wrassled in the past. Can we just pay with a credit card through Pay Pal? Like I did my donation and poker chip payments?

I hope those questions makes sense.

Kevin

Good luck to everybody who qualifies for this amazing opportunity.

Being unqualified, I am just interested to see if I know the answer to the questions.

This is so awesome. I wish the best to all of those "going for it" as there's just no way for me this time around, it was a pick form this or the next outing and I'm going outing. I CANNOT wait to watch all of this pan out, too dang cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back