Srixon ad333 vs top flite gamer v2

mbgolf

Reaction score
Handicap
I have used both these balls recently and I have yet to find much difference in them. I have a 105 SS and driver distance was pretty much the same around 275 The gamer felt just a tad harder off irons and putter. As for as short game I cannot tell much difference in the spin and im a high spin player. chips check up bout the same. just trying to pick just one ball to play all the time and I like both of these. Has any of you compared the two and if so which you like better and why? Thanks!

I have used both these balls recently and I have yet to find much difference in them. I have a 105 SS and driver distance was pretty much the same around 275 The gamer felt just a tad harder off irons and putter. As for as short game I cannot tell much difference in the spin and im a high spin player. chips check up bout the same. just trying to pick just one ball to play all the time and I like both of these. Has any of you compared the two and if so which you like better and why? Thanks!

Getting 275 out of the same swing speed I have, I would NOT change a thing. Awesome man. I would recommend a ball fitting on our home page widget, but those distances are so good, I would just keep playing them both.

JB if you have the same SS what is you driver distance and what kind of ballfitting widget are you talking bout?

JB if you have the same SS what is you driver distance and what kind of ballfitting widget are you talking bout?

I get about 240-250 off the tee.

If you click on our home page there is a Bridgestone Ball fitting widget on the top right hand corner.

I personally love the gamer v2. I think it is the best ball for the money. Just my 2 cents

I found that I got a lot more spin with the Gamer. The AD333 is no slouch though. I used it for a while and really liked the way it felt off of the wedges and putter.

The AD333 is a great ball. Do yourself a favor and try a Wilson 50, Zip, or C:25. These are likely even cheaper and I think are completely underrated balls.

I played the AD333 as my primary ball for most of 2009 and 2010, and it's a fine all-around ball at its price point, but I found that as I improved my ballstriking I was increasingly unhappy with spin on approach shots and, even more so, around the greens, where I found the AD333 to be quite bad at checking up on any sort of pitch or chip. After some experimentation with alternative balls at various price points, I switched to the Gamer V2 late last summer and never looked back--at least equal distance off the tee but much better performance in close. It's still no ProV1, but it will bounce once or twice and then sit down on good contact. I'm still at too high a handicap to warrant playing a premium ball, but the Gamer is an outstanding ball for the price and does 90% of what I could reasonably want it to do.

I played the AD333 most of last year before switching to the E6, except towards the end when I was having shoulder problems when I used a noodle b/c they were cheap. I also played the gamer v2's a couple of times and honestly I think I came away liking the v2's a little better after a couple of rounds. But like I said I ended up switching to the E6 and have not looked back on either ball.

I played the AD333 as my primary ball for most of 2009 and 2010, and it's a fine all-around ball at its price point, but I found that as I improved my ballstriking I was increasingly unhappy with spin on approach shots and, even more so, around the greens, where I found the AD333 to be quite bad at checking up on any sort of pitch or chip.
That was my major gripe with the AD333 too. Like most distance balls, you arent going to get a lot of spin with it. For the target user of that ball though, I think its a good thing because less backspin also means less sidespin.

Back