Tiger sticking with Nike Method

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At Tavistock this morning, Tiger Woods was next to us talking about his Method putter and that he really liked it on Sunday at Doral. It is still in the bag as of today.

I think its a smart decision, seems he's had some of his best rounds with that putter in the bag.

his press conference yesterday he talked about how he liked the putter and is working with Nike to "dull" the grooves a little bit so he can use it on faster greens like those at Augusta.

Great that he kept it in the bag. We were talking about this yesterday that he puts much better with it.

I find the putter to be pretty hot faced myself. A great putter though. He needs to just stick with something lol.

his press conference yesterday he talked about how he liked the putter and is working with Nike to "dull" the grooves a little bit so he can use it on faster greens like those at Augusta.

I find the putter to be pretty hot faced myself. A great putter though. He needs to just stick with something lol.

though I didn't make any putts yesterday I burned a lot of edges with it. Only my 2nd round with it but I really liked it.

though I didn't make any putts yesterday I burned a lot of edges with it. Only my 2nd round with it but I really liked it.

The quote above could be used for you or Tiger's round on Saturday!

Very smart move by TW. He had one of the best rounds of the day yesterday and a lot of that was putting. Well maybe not, but close. He needs consistancy right now to get his putting groove back.

The quote above could be used for you or Tiger's round on Saturday!

very true. Funny I kept telling myself that my swing felt good but it's a process :D

yeah you were just a touch off with that but you were close to making everything insode of 10' yesterday

hopefully this brings some sort of conistency to TW's game and means one less thing for him to ponder on and off the course

very true. Funny I kept telling myself that my swing felt good but it's a process :D

Ha. Let me know how the process with Tiger's putter goes. Sometimes I wish I was putting well enough to burn the edges.

he should! we finally saw Tiger on a sunday and actually playing well

Anyone else feel guilty about enjoying the fact that he sniped one off the tee on TV - I know it happens to everyone, but I found myself enjoying that alittle too much. I felt like a jerk after for even thinking it. Anyone else?

he should! we finally saw Tiger on a sunday and actually playing well

Well at least hes starting to paly well on sundays then learning to play on thursdays. Lee westwood learned to play well on thursdays and STILL cant play well on Sundays!

It is really interesting that me made a move to a heel shafted putter and away from the Anser II shape. If his putting stroke has changed, it is good that he noticed it and made the switch. Even if it was just mental.

You felt like doing WHAT after?! Too much info bro, too much info. :D

hahahaahahhahahhahaahaa - not the way I meant it hahahhaha

If it aint broke why try to change it.

If it works for him, great. There was once a time where he said that he didnt think any putter would ever replace his Cameron, so its huge that he is seeming to be leaning towards the Method now.
I must admit, I get a kick out of all the Cameron people on other golf forums who are getting all bent out of shape that Tiger is sticking with the Method.

I am kind of shocked. I thought that it was an experiment that wouldn't take off... how wrong I was...

I hope we see Tiger Continue to putt like he did Sunday!

Back