TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

WOW, you never hit the blur infront of the fitter and you come on here telling us the blur is junk for you! come on man. your also still not getting the point we were trying to make if you insist its 50% for us

I guess 50% is better than the 75% that it was a little bit ago. :alien::alien:

I officially opt out of this. There are trolls and then there are people that seem to just not realize what in the blue hill they are speaking about. Junk shafts that were never tried. Fitters talking about the perfect shaft without seeing one hit it.

I give up. I have the Morgan Cup to think about and 8 golfers that are getting a 14 club staff deal from Taylormade and THP for a weekend. Maybe someone will even choose a Blur shaft. I guess that would be the losing team.

You Tell Em, the Morgan Cup is allot more important than this nonsense.

I'm not going to lie, I am confused as anyone here. I tell someone to be prepared to pay for an upgrade. Fitting is a good choice and in a round anbout way said the stock is probably not the right choice for most people as JB #'s support and yes stock shafts for the most part stink.

I did say my fitter said the R11 shaft was "horrible, a very weak X". I am just passing the message. He has the vector and all that other equipment (even has a fitting van). I am going with what he said.

Anyway I am done with this subject. We are all saying basically the same thing but you guys are twisting my words around a little which is always very weak in a discussion. That always speaks volumes.

Thanks for the insight and knowledge. I learn more from you guys everyday.

Anyway... Has anyone noticed any problems with the white finish becoming scarred? AKA, skymarks?

Sorry, it is a long thread, and I don't have that much patience.

You missed my question earlier 10Yard.

What numbers you seeing with your R11?

havent been on the monitor yet but so far great results on range and course, im getting about 10 yards more carry with the R11 over the Supertri with RIP, also no ballooning like i had with the ST.

I'm not going to lie, I am confused as anyone here. I tell someone to be prepared to pay for an upgrade. Fitting is a good choice and in a round anbout way said the stock is probably not the right choice for most people as JB #'s support and yes stock shafts for the most part stink.

I did say my fitter said the R11 shaft was "horrible, a very weak X". I am just passing the message. He has the vector and all that other equipment (even has a fitting van). I am going with what he said.

Anyway I am done with this subject. We are all saying basically the same thing but you guys are twisting my words around a little which is always very weak in a discussion. That always speaks volumes.

You are delusional.

Ok guys, lets get this one back to the R11. Who is hitting it? What are they seeing? What are they not seeing?

Anyway... Has anyone noticed any problems with the white finish becoming scarred? AKA, skymarks?

Sorry, it is a long thread, and I don't have that much patience.

nope. but i dont hit it on the crown lol

Question as I have been reintroduced to the TM driver (my last was the R510). Can I use the interchangeable shaft (on no there is that word:) ) that I have on my supertri with the R11? If you can and for the people that had previous models did you find the shaft to be a good fit with the different driver head or did you find you had to get refitted?

I hate to keep talking about this, but I will say this last thing and only because what you said in this post is false.

Here is your original comment..
I would but expect (and you should) to drop another $100-$200 on a shaft upgrade. If you don't then there would be no point.

Please tell me were you said prepared? In fact you actually tell him there is "no point" if he doesnt upgrade the shaft. It seems as though your not quite even sure what you said and you're the one twisting your own words and not us. So please before posting a comment accusing us of twisting your words, make sure you actually say the same things and not twist your own words and make something up that is false.

edit: My apologizes, did not see the above post about keep it on topic.

LOL. To us mere mortals, same question, hehe.

hey i have skyed plenty of drivers in my day, just not anymore. The paint has held up great, its not scuffing anymore or less than my previous TM drivers

Question as I have been reintroduced to the TM driver (my last was the R510). Can I use the interchangeable shaft (on no there is that word:) ) that I have on my supertri with the R11? If you can and for the people that had previous models did you find the shaft to be a good fit with the different driver head or did you find you had to get refitted?

Yes. The markings wont match up really well, but they fit perfectly.

hey i have skyed plenty of drivers in my day, just not anymore. The paint has held up great, its not scuffing anymore or less than my previous TM drivers

Cool, thanks!

LOL. To us mere mortals, same question, hehe.

I hit about 5 up on the crown and did not notice it doing anything to the paint.

Its also very very easy to wipe off the ball marks on the face. Which is a plus to keep it looking clean.

Yes, you can use the same shaft with the tip that you used in the supertri. Though I have both the supertri and R11, I will use another shaft in the R11.

Ok guys, lets get this one back to the R11. Who is hitting it? What are they seeing? What are they not seeing?

I have to say, the driver is growing on me a bit. I'm not sure it's going to take the bag place, but it's an interesting bit of tech to tinker with to be sure (sans having someone locally who knows what they're doing with it as of yet).

I'm still having issues with getting the correct weight set up (what I want the ball to do and what it feels like seem to be battling each other right now) while the sound is still my bugaboo. Like the 910, this driver really needs to be dialed in to get the most out of it and I'm just not quite there yet which is making it hard to do a fair compairison. I've finally sorted the shaft and the ASP but not the weights. I think this is a driver I'm going to end up holding on to for a fair bit just to get it dialed in, then a fair bit longer to give it a good test run

(and yes Sox, I found the Blur uincompatible with my swing as well. Blur=smooth, I=violent)

I hit that first 4 wood shot 230 and was amazed, but the balls kept going 230. My long ball was 242 with 0 boost. These were off the ground as well, as I seemed to hit it better off the mat than off the tee. If the r11 driver was anything like this - we'd be having an affair right now.

Edit: this has found a spot I'm the bag and would replace the 3 wood and 2 hybrid.

Tap before talk.

JB, I know you love the 3 wood and are slowly warming up the driver. I'm just making sure that this initial success with the 4 wood wouldn't even remotely correlate to potential success with the driver, right? I love the smaller head and the sound - I'm just curious of similarities/differences between the two, aside from the obvious

Tap before talk.

Has anyone heard that they (Taylormade) tweaked the head a little right after the initial release in response to complaints about feel?

Back