Wilson Staff Di11 Irons Review Thread

nice initial thoughts OEM. I know after teeing it up with you yesterday that you are very excited to put these in play. I remember talking about the 2.0's and you said that the scary thing is the Di11's might be even longer. Hope they work out for you. So far the early reviews from the other 3 testers have been phenomenal. Keep up the good work guys

Great stuff Kevin. Wait till you get them out on the course. I can hit these irons fine off of the mats but once you get on real turf they really shine.

Thanks CL. I cant wait for Sunday. That would be my day for Di11's and I to hit the course. I should say that I did get to hit them off grass today, which was why I was in a hurry to get to the range before it got dark. I just couldnt hit such purty irons off mats. They hit wonderful off grass.

OEM- Those look good in your bag! It looks like the longer irons have a wider sole. Is that correct?

You know I didnt notice that but I think you are right. Looking at the picture it sure looks that way. I'll have a look tomorrow since theyre in the trunk right now and let you know for sure.

Nice initial thoughts Lt.

lol @ you driving off without them. Get excited much? Looking forward to hearing more from you bro.

Great first thoughts OEM and I'm really happy you finally are rounding out the foursome.

Thanks, Kevin! No one close to me sells these.

nice initial thoughts OEM. I know after teeing it up with you yesterday that you are very excited to put these in play. I remember talking about the 2.0's and you said that the scary thing is the Di11's might be even longer. Hope they work out for you. So far the early reviews from the other 3 testers have been phenomenal. Keep up the good work guys

Thanks ddec. I hit the 2.0's well Sunday so the Di11's have work to do. Today was a good first step too. One thing is the set came with the GW, I love that.

Nice initial thoughts Lt.

lol @ you driving off without them. Get excited much? Looking forward to hearing more from you bro.

lol , Im just glad I didnt get all the way to the course. Id gone from very excited to angry smurf real fast.

Di11's like Handy smurf dude, just remember that.

Nah, I am looking forward to your feedback. You've got a lot of ground to cover as your fellow testers have been bringing it!

No one around here either. Edwin Watts is the only place I know of actually.

Di11's like Handy smurf dude, just remember that.

Nah, I am looking forward to your feedback. You've got a lot of ground to cover as your fellow testers have been bringing it!

I sure do bro. These guys are doing a great job and hopefully I can too.

A few places in Orlando do and THP HQ always has a set if you come this way for a round.

Another range session today and I'm sure there might be some people tired of this, but another day more impressed. I'm a single dad until tomorrow when my wife gets back from her vacation or I would have posted my round update from tomorrow yesterday so here goes.

50 km winds with gusts in the 70's so I thought it would be a great test of these bad boys in the wind. Second hole I was left with 130 yards into the wind, that should be a GW to be short or a PW to go long but I pulled an 8 iron and hit a 3/4 knockdown shot, that flighted perfectly through the wind and landed on the green about 5 yards beneath the pin, really impressed. Third hole was a 190 yard par 3 all carry over a ravine, with the wind. This should be a 4 iron for me, but I pulled a 7 iron and just let the ball get carried by the wind, I went long over the green! Guess it should have been an 8 iron but I was guessing all day, and hitting an 8 and trying to get 190 carry was a little daunting. 5th hole I hit a perfect drive right to the 150 flag but the wind was just howling now and I was right into the wind. I could barely stand it was so hard so I hit a 5 iron with the ball back a little in my stance, FLUSHED, only to come up a little over a club short. I darn near left at that point out of frustration but there were more hole to play and I had a sitter. Over the next few holes I hit many more knockdown shots with success with almost every iron in the bag. When the round was over I looked back over my notes and couldn't believe that in that wind and on a course I don't know, I shot 3 over for 9 holes, 39!

Glad you received your irons OEM. Great pics! Can't wait to hear more.

A few places in Orlando do and THP HQ always has a set if you come this way for a round.

I stand corrected! Thanks, JB. I may take you up on that. Although I get nervous playing someone else's clubs. (Don't want to make bad marks on them).

I stand corrected! Thanks, JB. I may take you up on that. Although I get nervous playing someone else's clubs. (Don't want to make bad marks on them).

All of our clubs are demo clubs and they have seen some interesting swings, I assure you.

How are the wilson irons.

May want to read over this thread.

LOL at the boss catching you on the way to the range. Can't wait to hear your experience when you get these on the course, OEM.

LOL at the boss catching you on the way to the range. Can't wait to hear your experience when you get these on the course, OEM.

ha thanks Hawk. To be clear it was the Mrs. OEM boss but I had warned her so she knew. But after being gone all day Sunday with some hackers I knew it in my best interest to hit a small bucket and get back home.

Great looking sticks OEM. LOL @ sending you a 2i wth? Looking forward to hearing how these stack up against the 2.0's now

So, you're not crazy about the grips Kevin? I think CB and CL mentioned they didn't like them either. I must be the odd man out because I really like the feel of the grips, I like that you can feel the pattern of them.

<--n00b

Nice thread you got going here, good to see many of you openings your eyes to Wilson/Staff :thumb:

I play the Di9's myself and I'm very happy with them, they've stabilized my iron play a lot and given me much needed confidence over the ball. I'd like to see some more comparison with the Di11 though, doesn't seem to be too many here who have played both.(?) Won't be trading my 9's this season anyway, but if someone could just say something like: The Di9's are just as sweet as the Di11. Then I could pretend this thread was about my clubs and how good they are :glasses-nerdy:

Woohey, DP on first try :banana:

Last edited:
<--n00b

Nice thread you got going here, good to see many of you openings your eyes to Wilson/Staff :thumb:

I play the Di9's myself and I'm very happy with them, they've stabilized my iron play a lot and given me much needed confidence over the ball. I'd like to see some more comparison with the Di11 though, doesn't seem to be too many here who have played both.(?) Won't be trading my 9's this season anyway, but if someone could just say something like: The Di9's are just as sweet as the Di11. Then I could pretend this thread was about my clubs and how good they are :glasses-nerdy:

Woohey, DP on first try :banana:

Now worries and welcome to THP.

I believe one of the last two pages, I made a comparison between the two as I played both sets. I am not one that changes irons all that easily in my regular bag, but if I had to choose it would be the Di11s without a doubt. I prefer them in just about every category to the 9s.

So, you're not crazy about the grips Kevin? I think CB and CL mentioned they didn't like them either. I must be the odd man out because I really like the feel of the grips, I like that you can feel the pattern of them.

Ya Ron I really didn't like them and have already swapped them out and am much happier. They just didn't feel right to me, and they don't look that great to me either. Stock grips are just that to me, I don't think I have ever played a club where I didn't change out the stock grip within a week or two.

Ya Ron I really didn't like them and have already swapped them out and am much happier. They just didn't feel right to me, and they don't look that great to me either. Stock grips are just that to me, I don't think I have ever played a club where I didn't change out the stock grip within a week or two.

I guess I haven't been playing long enough to really know the difference. I guess I'll see what I think at the end of the season when I regrip. With the amount of time I'm spending playing with these they should be worn out by then

I guess I haven't been playing long enough to really know the difference. I guess I'll see what I think at the end of the season when I regrip. With the amount of time I'm spending playing with these they should be worn out by then

Once you find a type of grip that you really like it is hard to go back to something else IMHO. It is the only part of the club you actually touch and its important to me that it feels right, and is the right size.

Back