Car/truck detail guys

That's still better than what a lot of people do TC. Also, a lot of folks in the Northern climbs neglect the under carraiges of their vehicles, especially in winter. Salt is not a vehicle's friend.

Yeah, us fine Southern folk would never, ever buy a vehicle that came from up North.

This is a nice shine on the new car after the first detail.

44cf65e5-47d0-f3e8.jpg

Its not as bad as you think. And I do it 4 times a year. In between (twice a month) it gets

Optimum No Rinse
Pinnacle Souveran Carnuba top coat.

Alright that makes sense, I was thinking this was your weekly car maintenance and was wondering how you found time to golf.

I keep my car detailed to the "T" during the summer. However, during the MN winters, I'm lucky if I can keep the ice off of it.

For my Stingray, each spring I do a good wash with dish soap to take off the prior year's wax, second wash with a car soap, touch up paint for any new nicks, clay bar, polish/swirl remover, & 2 coats of wax. Tires are a quick spray and scrub, aluminum rims are another hour, glass washed and rain-x'ed (even though it's only seen rain once), chrome polished, mother's "Back to Black" on black trim parts, silicone spray on rubber gaskets and THEN I get to the inside - dash, leather seats/steering wheel, carpets vacuumed and shampooed - it is an honest 8 hour day. However, when I take it out that night for ice cream, my grin is never bigger and I won't turn more heads all summer. It just sparkles like a diamond in the city lights. Ahhh.... summer. I can't wait.

I keep my car detailed to the "T" during the summer. it is an honest 8 hour day.

Same here. My wife just does not get how I can spend the whole day on my truck. Funny how she never says anything when I spend the whole day on her car.:confused2:

I work at a car dealership, so I was and clean my truck every saturday while I'm at work. I get to use their power vaccum and power washer. That definitely makes it easier.

I work at a car dealership, so I was and clean my truck every saturday while I'm at work. I get to use their power vaccum and power washer. That definitely makes it easier.

Nice to have that at your expense.

I want to kill the inventors of ArmorAll or all other silicone car products , as that stuff is the s***s for an Automotive Refinisher !!!! You need to find and use a Petroleum based product for rubber/vinyl parts of your vehicles !
What alot of people do not realize is that those silicone products suck the life out of rubber /vynal parts , trust me on this !!! Once you use it on your rubber /vinyl you can not stop using it as it will crack and split .
In 1999 I bought a new Toyota Tacoma PreRunner with a black plastic bed liner , and I told them NOT to ArmorAll anything , well I picked it up and it was slopped with it , and I had it for 10 years and never applied it again and the bed liner turned white from the ArmorAll sucking the life out of it !

I have a black car. Not the metallic black paint, the regular black paint. It get swirl marks in it really easy. When I was at an auto parts show recently, the Turtle Wax guys gave me "Black Box" but I have not used it yet. Do you guys know about this product and if you do, tell me if you think it is good or bad. I love my car to be shiny and clean. My daughter already tore up the bumper by accident getting her cello out of the trunk and I had to have to fixed. I couldn't stand my car to have gouges in it.

I couldnt tell you KOKOgirl , as I use nothing but high end stuff designed for the Automotive Shops .
I never liked turtle wax products , but Meguiair's makes some fine products , read the back of labels and make sure there are no silicone in it .
And always use micro fiber towels for any application and wiping off the polish/ wax !

Black box isn't bad for the price, I use it on my motorcycle tank and front fender. Gets through job done but it is the devil to get off of things it doesn't belong on, ie silicone tank pads and trim.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

I have a black car. Not the metallic black paint, the regular black paint. It get swirl marks in it really easy. When I was at an auto parts show recently, the Turtle Wax guys gave me "Black Box" but I have not used it yet. Do you guys know about this product and if you do, tell me if you think it is good or bad. I love my car to be shiny and clean. My daughter already tore up the bumper by accident getting her cello out of the trunk and I had to have to fixed. I couldn't stand my car to have gouges in it.

Its okay. For swirl marks, one really needs to use a polish and get them out either by rotary or orbital polisher. Another way is to use a glaze or AIO that contains fillers that keep them masked for several months. Put a glaze on it and then cover it up with a sealant and it gives the appearance that the swirls are gone.

I couldnt tell you KOKOgirl , as I use nothing but high end stuff designed for the Automotive Shops .
I never liked turtle wax products , but Meguiair's makes some fine products , read the back of labels and make sure there are no silicone in it .
And always use micro fiber towels for any application and wiping off the polish/ wax !

ALWAYS use MF towels.

Yeah I forgot a few like you have been to THP HQ...hehe

I just can't imagine where you have room to keep all of it, much less the time in your busy schedule. I for one usually take my car and pay someone else to do it. Lazy, I know.

I just can't imagine where you have room to keep all of it, much less the time in your busy schedule. I for one usually take my car and pay someone else to do it. Lazy, I know.

New house has some great cabinetry in the garage. It holds it all there.

The other side is a true detail costs in the neighborhood of $200 and for me its slightly therapeutic. The before and after is just something I like to see I guess. GG's car is getting the full treatment this weekend.

New house has some great cabinetry in the garage. It holds it all there.

The other side is a true detail costs in the neighborhood of $200 and for me its slightly therapeutic. The before and after is just something I like to see I guess. GG's car is getting the full treatment this weekend.

I guess when you look at it that way, it makes sense. Golf has always been my therapy, but It never hurts to have too many of those hobbies. I will be using this thread to learn the ways of the experts. lol

Spray, SW, JB- thanks for the imput!

The BF does my car!! Griot's Garage for all of your car washing/detailing needs :good:

Once a year my car gets a full and complete detail. Surprisingly, the dealer is cheap and definitely worth it as they do a FANTASTIC job!!

Epic thread revival. Need some suggestions on a buffer. Need to step up my detailing and I have a boat to deal with as well. Seems like the prices are all over the place on these things.

Epic thread revival. Need some suggestions on a buffer. Need to step up my detailing and I have a boat to deal with as well. Seems like the prices are all over the place on these things.
Been detailing cars for over 10 years, I just upgraded from my trusty Porter Cable 7424 to a Flex. Best decision ever, cuts my work time in half. Check out detailedimage.com, it's a local store based near Albany, NY. Has a great range of products etc. I order everything from there.

Been detailing cars for over 10 years, I just upgraded from my trusty Porter Cable 7424 to a Flex. Best decision ever, cuts my work time in half. Check out detailedimage.com, it's a local store based near Albany, NY. Has a great range of products etc. I order everything from there.

They sure look nice but I am not sure that is in the budget right now.

Well to keep it going... I got a PC 7424 for Christmas. Need to figure out what/where to get some pads... I have a pretty good collection of products and I am so due to get busy on both vehicles. Just been biding my time. Well the time is next weekend!

Back