Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walking into work this morning still half asleep, and someone triggers the ER exit door right as I was walking by...I'm awake now :D

I had to fire another employee today thats not even in my department. His boss was sick today and it had to be done today for some reason so they asked me to do it. Just because I will do it, doesn't mean I don't hate it. It's awful and thats two in two work days, I feel like a total douche bag right now,so I'm going to hit up a driving range to take some anger out.

I had to fire another employee today thats not even in my department. His boss was sick today and it had to be done today for some reason so they asked me to do it. Just because I will do it, doesn't mean I don't hate it. It's awful and thats two in two work days, I feel like a total douche bag right now,so I'm going to hit up a driving range to take some anger out.

That sucks man, I know. Pretty hard to deal with in this economy, but sometimes not a way around it.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

It was probably easier laying off someone you didn't know. I know what the feeling is like from the other side of the table, it's depressing, and probably even worse for the person being layed off because it wasn't even their boss doing it. You may feel bad, but don't. To survive in this World, we have to do a lot of things that we don't want to.

Thanks for being awesome. This teacher was a complete A-hole. She gave us these stupid questionnaires on determining leadership skills. I circled everyone down the middle, and told her leaders need to be versatile and should approach every situation differently. She told me to make up a situation and fill out the questionnaire. Then I told her that it would give me results that are purely subjective and that to not define who I am, and thats what the paper was about. She told me she wouldve rather given me a zero, but instead gave be minimal marks. How is that leader-like at all? Doing something to protect your image when you dont feel strongly for it?
Thanks leadership class, you can suck it.
I am a teacher and when someone points out my mistakes I give that student exta points. Sorry for your bad luck

I always described it as one of the worst things about being a manager. Especially if it's direct staff. It feels like I failed them. Bash those balls CB!

Here is my rant as I do not tend to have many but today I have TWO!

FIRST...CALIFORNIA cops seem to really be pissing me off lately! Why? WELL, I can tell you this. I do not claim to be the best driver in the world. In fact, I can tell you that I do have a little bit of a heavy foot but by this I mean that I tend to go 3 to 5 over and sometimes I catch myself going 8 but I quickly slow down.

Let me also explain that in Dec. I got a speeding ticket for going 65 in a 55 coming down a hill. I should have been watching it closer so no big deal I knew I was in the wrong.

Now to the part that got me. I have celiac disease and lactose intolerancy goes hand in hand with it and I was having a bad day with my stomach so I thought I would run to town real fast and get some. However, I went to a small town by our farm that I have never been too before( I am leaving out names). The road coming to it is a 50mph country road and the second you pass the sign for the town it is 35. So I was slowing down AND looking for the right aide at the same time which it wound up being on the right hand corner as you enter the town. I turn on my blinker and make my right hand turn. AS I enter the right hand trun land the cop gets behinde me and pulls me over claiming I was going 46mph.

I driver a big truck as I work on a farm and anyone with a big truck will tell you, You cannot make a right hand turn going 46. BUt what really irritates me about this is that I was slowing down as I entered the town so for him to get me going 46 it must have been right at the sign and I believe that it is much safer to slowly reduce your speed rather than slam on the brakes and have someone plow into my rear end as there was a guy right behinde me. ( who knows maybe that is who he got going 46 and not me)! REGardless, I am taking it to court!

My Uncle was a cop and he still keeps in touch with what is going on and he informed me that the cops have been given orders to give tickets for the slightest thing to try and make more money because CA Is in such a financial crisis. I think there needs to be a "Public Abuse" law put into place.

SECOND Rant: Talkers! I do not mean people that just have quiet conversations on the driving range or the ones that talk loudly either. I mean those who are on the driving range and sit and brag about how good they are to everyone else.

Yesturday there was a guy at the range who was talking about how he just had an awsome day of golf because he got one eagle, 2 pars, and the rest were birdies! Is it just me or if he plays that good, shouldnt he be a pro?

I even watched his forum and it was really odd as he was a club 'hoverer"

I am not the best golfer in the world but I am a mid handicapper and like to try and work the ball a little bit. And he could have been a good golfer, he hit it pretty solid but not pro golfer solid....

I think sometimes people talk like that on the driving range because it gives them confidence to do better but it annoys the hell out of everyone else.

I always described it as one of the worst things about being a manager. Especially if it's direct staff. It feels like I failed them. Bash those balls CB!

Thanks for the kind words guys. It is the worst part of being a manager by far, and even though this time he wasn't my direct employee, it was someone I work with every day. I don't think he saw it coming at all because why would I ask him into the office and close the door, I'm not his boss. Anyway I feel better after a range session, and it is what it is. Thanks all again for listening to my rant. Hopefully the rest of you managers out there don't have to lay anybody off anytime soon.

I got caught up in the R11 thread a little bit ago and just realized I completely missed Hawaii Five-O tonight. Im pissed!!

I got caught up in the R11 thread a little bit ago and just realized I completely missed Hawaii Five-O tonight. Im pissed!!

Its a repeat tonight bridges your all good.

Thanks for the kind words guys. It is the worst part of being a manager by far, and even though this time he wasn't my direct employee, it was someone I work with every day. I don't think he saw it coming at all because why would I ask him into the office and close the door, I'm not his boss. Anyway I feel better after a range session, and it is what it is. Thanks all again for listening to my rant. Hopefully the rest of you managers out there don't have to lay anybody off anytime soon.

I'm not a manager, and I don't get to let people go. But in the car business, I see a lot of salespeople come and go! Thanks goodness I get lucky enough to keep my job. I don't envy anyone who has to drop the axe...

Daylight saving screwed me up today and I missed class. I don't know how but my body must know when to wake up because today I woke up a good hour later than I usually do.

I am so stressed about school and find myself thinking about it every chance I get.. but when I say outloud to myself "Dude, chill out, whatever happens happens" I kind of feel better and don't worry as much.

Luckily you've already been told it was a repeat, but dude, that's what DVR's are for!

Lmao. And taylormade clubs don't count as girlfriends either Bridges before you say anything :D

Girlfriends are overrated. Cost to damn much money. I wouldnt have the clubs I do if I had a girlfriend right now.

Hundy I have seen what you call a girlfriend (picture of tiger and Luke donald) and I will pass.

Ha! Gfs do cost way too much money. I cant lie

Girlfriends are overrated. Cost to damn much money. I wouldnt have the clubs I do if I had a girlfriend right now.

Hundy I have seen what you call a girlfriend (picture of tiger and Luke donald) and I will pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back