Interesting idea, but probably a little big for me to actually carry it around all the time.

Im in the market for a brush that actually clips to my bag. Those Frogger brushes fall out and don't stay put!!

Really? I have had two frogger brushes and never have a found it to fall off or even come close. I know many have said that their CS is terrible, but to this point I have found their brushs and towels to be very good products.

Same here! I wonder how much pressure it takes. It looks like a pretty nice little invention, and it would be perfect for some long range sessions

interesting, I like the idea but i'm curious to see if when it is stuck in the ground whether you can apply enough pressure to the club head to clean it, without tearing it out of the ground.

That would make or break it for sure!!

Looks great for the range. Will be interesting to see if it's convenient for the course!

Can't wait to hear if it works. I'd like to know if it stays anchored in the ground enough to work properly. I could definitely use one of these at the grass range with sandy divots!

Hello All,

My name is Robert and I'm the designer/owner of Brush Caddy. Big thanks to THP for doing the review on my product. I'm not going to unload a huge sales pitch on you but I did want to follow up on some comments that were made above and clarify some things about Brush Caddy.

#1 - How much pressure can you put on it? Does it come out of the ground when you use it?

I guess this is the biggest question… First off, it’s not meant to get your clubs sparkly clean. That’s what the water bucket and towel is for and most golfers do that at the end of practice. I designed Brush Caddy so the user can quickly and easily brush off their club after each swing. It doesn’t take much pressure to do that and it won’t come out of the ground during that use. Yes, if you really wrench on it with your club, you can get it to come out but I’ve never really had to use extreme pressure. Just a quick brush off is all it takes.

#2 - Not meant to be carried during a round of golf.

I think i need to rewrite some of the copy on my website since I’ve had multiple people mention this. I added the bag clip so it’s easier to carry from the car to the range not so it can be carried during a round. I keep mine in my truck and whenever I go to the range, I clip it on. No one needs to carry “one more thing” when they are headed to practice.

#3 – 1-Tee mentioned it’s “gimmicky”

There is a little bit of “gimmick” to it at first glance but once it’s in front of you, it’s hard NOT to use. It works and it’s a really nice amenity.

#4 – Clam fist, Smallville and Hanks asked why it’s easier than carrying a brush.

It’s different from your normal club brush because it inserts in the ground in front of you. It’s much more convenient to reach out and clean your club than stepping back to your bag to get your brush. Like I mentioned above, it’s specific for use at the driving range and not meant to be carried during a round. That’s what makes it different.

Well, I hope that helps and I’ve answered everyone’s questions. If you have any more comments, please let me know. You can reply to this thread or shoot me a PM. I’m a beginner entrepreneur and any comments and opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Robert

I've had a couple of range sessions now since I received my brush caddy after winning it in the British Open contest. I've always just used the bottom of my shoe to clean the club face after every shot. This device works much much better than that technique. I'm not going to take the time to use the brush on my bag after every shot while I'm on the range. It doesn't get deep into the grooves when I use it, but it definitely gets the job done that I'm wanting. I will keep using this as it much easier and more convenient that using the bottom of my shoe or the brush on my bag. It did not come out of the ground when I used it either. It stayed pretty stable in the ground. Thanks again Brush Caddy for running the contest that allowed me to get this.

Back