What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
great shot ole gray! awesome!
that sure makes up for the double... so did you buy everyone drinks?

great shot ole gray! awesome!
that sure makes up for the double... so did you buy everyone drinks?

I did! Thanks buddy as I was so happy to say the least :D

Holy cow that is awesome OG. Congrats!!

Congrats Ole Gray! I hope to have one of those someday too!

Congratulations! Ole Gray! I hope to be able to do that one day soon!

Congrats Ole Gray.

Thanks guys and yes, my day was made with the ace however when my THP pals give me some :in-love::thumb: it's all the sweeter...

Today was a fantastic day for me. First of all I shot my best round of the year with a 40 + 39 = 79 . The day started with a double on the first hole (par 5) so I was not a happy camper. I played decent golf until hole #5 which is 138 yards from the white tees. I pulled out a nine iron, and the ball flew with a pretty little draw and,

Spoiler
:banana::bananadance::D:blob::clapp::cool::drinks::golf2::rockon::thumb: went in the hole for my first ever hole in one! 60 years old and on March 14th, 2011 it happened .

In the pic you will notice the ball mark on the right side of the hole!

wow MAN!!! thats fantastic!!! has to be an amazing feeling!

i had a good day today. shot an 86 at phoenix. a little course i can get out by myself and practice. there was no one on the course so i got some really good ball testing in with the polaras - and i was striking the ball very well.

Drivers still a little inconsistent - im hitting fairways buts a little fade now im playing. sometimes its perfect fade, sometimes its a 20 yd fade.

pulled the 5 iron from the bag - and put a m4 mashie in - and all i can say is wow. This thing is money. I hit perfect draws everytime - with good height and distance. I was peppering the m4 23* in between 195-200. the m2 about 210-215. I am really thrilled with them. was also one of my bets days striking the trusty 7 and 8 irons. I usually try and play my tee shots to those clubs on longer holes - and closer holes aim for 85 yards with my 55.

Only one 3 putt and it was on 17, a par 3 - that i hit a 7 iron into the wind, downhill a club or two to 152. it looked good - but the wind took more off than i thought. left myself an uphill 60 footer that broke way left past the hole leaving me 8 feet back for par - an di missed it :(

35 putts for the day.. Greens are still too wet here for serious scoring. But we're getting close!! 70 this weekend! and the country club is planning on opening. woo hoo!

Congrats on the ace ole gray! I can only imagine how thrilled you were.

Today was a fantastic day for me. First of all I shot my best round of the year with a 40 + 39 = 79 . The day started with a double on the first hole (par 5) so I was not a happy camper. I played decent golf until hole #5 which is 138 yards from the white tees. I pulled out a nine iron, and the ball flew with a pretty little draw and,

Totally Awesome Gray!!!! i am so jealous!!! You definitely deserve it with all that hard work you have been putting in....Congrats!!

Congrats on the hole in one Ole Gray!!! I can't even imagine how awesome that would be.

Congrats Gray!!!! Nice shootin'

Spoiler
:banana::bananadance::D:blob::clapp::cool::drinks::golf2::rockon::thumb: went in the hole for my first ever hole in one! 60 years old and on March 14th, 2011 it happened .

Spoiler

Congratulations Ole Gray, You Da Man!!!

Spoiler

Wow!! Congrats!!!

Again, being from the Midwest I find myself at a time of excitement and anticipation for the 2011 Golf Season to start. I don't have the luxury of playing 12 months out of the year. February the fever begins, I go out and research some of the hot new clubs on the market. I begin to talk about tournaments that I run or participate in to get them on the road map for the 2011 season. March hits with a hammer, hoping that all the snow melts in time and that I can be among the first to take on the challenges of the game of golf.

I am really excited to get on the course this year, because I ended last year really solid. My last 5 rounds were a 79,78,76,82,75...I know that my good friend Jake (puttin4bird) is coming down next weekend and we are going somewhere to start the year.

Hopefully tomorrow I can put my first score of the year in this thread! It's been a long winter. And I feel my cabin fever going away.

45/44
still duffing the crap out of the ball but it was more manageable today since my chipping was much better
left the driver in the bag after the 2nd hole and it was a great decision
didnt have a triple at all today but 4 doubles wasnt a good thing... and every double was due to a 3 putt

Shot an 84 walking in two and a half hours. Two birds, only two pars and 14 bogeys. BUT, no doubles, on on aerated greens I'll take the score all day.

Shot 87 today and was more than happy with it. It was my second time ever playing this course, 6600 yards but lots of water and dog legs.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Shot an 86 today with a birdie on the finishing hole. Way too many mistakes in the short game to include putting. The Gambler has earned a time-out for a short while. I just need a bit more time with it to make it work. Everything else was working pretty well. I hit 10/14 fairways and the ones I missed were not by much.

Played twice over the weekend. Shot 98 on saturday and 94 on monday. Saturday the greens were aerated and I couldn't putt for beans (avg 2.7). Monday was very windy and wet. Too many mistakes from 150 in on monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back