Official NCAA Basketball Thread (Spoilers)

Watching UNC play the past 3 days has made my blood pressure rise something fierce. They aren't a 1st half team at all and this is not the way you want to go into the tournament.

I'm really hesitant to fill out a competitive bracket for this years tournament as I think this is the toughest year I've ever seen to predict. I like teams out of the Big East this year. They've had to bring it week in and week out.

I agree, but thats the way it is with the Big East most years, the ACC generally has two or three teams at the top who are really good, but the big east will have 8-10 teams who are all good, maybe not really good, but just a deep conferencce.

I don't like the big east's chances, they beat up on each other all year; by the time they get to march they're cooked

Top seeds for the 2011 tournament:

EAST: Ohio State (32-2)
WEST: Duke (30-4)
SOUTHWEST: Kansas (32-2)
SOUTHEAST: Pittsburgh (27-5)

UNC is #2 in the East, Syracuse #3 and Kentucky #4.

San Diego State is #2 in the West, Connecticut is #3 and Texas is #4.

I didn't expect Texas to fall past a 3 seed.

Wow Duke won't have "home" games in jersey this year.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

Notre Dame is #2 in the Southwest, with Purdue #3 and Louisville #4.

In the Southeast, Florida is #2, BYU is #3 and Wisconsin is #4.

Look at smalls running up the post count. :D

Im ready to fill out my bracket, I think. Are we going to have a THP bracket, smalls? Figured you would put one up here soon.

Look for the THP contest in the contest thread shortly.

If Memphis does beat Arizona, then they probably have texas next, not very good for Memphis, but the way Joe Jackson has been playing maybe they could pull an upset out of their hat.

Awesome!

What the heck is it doing in the marketplace? Im looking at the spy and see you editing something about it but its the marketplace

It's where I hid it since it has to be approved there. It's noit there, it's in contests now.

We'll also have a non-official game where you pick round by round.

That one will only be listed in the sports thread.

It will be up shortly.

this might be the most unpredictable tournament in the history of tournaments. wow, what a crap shoot of matchups

Negative. Can't have you talking like that around here. Ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The high point for Texas was when they beat KU in Lawrence. The Big 12 Title game showed who was the king. Texas is already in off-season mode. hehe

The high point for Texas was when they beat KU in Lawrence. The Big 12 Title game showed who was the king. Texas is already in off-season mode. hehe

I have kansas winning it all. The high point for Texas was win they went on that big winning streak. Can't remember how many games it was though. Maybe 12-14 straight wins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know what's awesome this year?
All March Madness games will be played on Basic/Extended Basic (depending where you are) cable. You don't got to buy any sports package this year. All game are on TBS, TNT, TruTV (??), and I want to say CBS. I could be wrong about CBS, it's one of the main networks.

You know what's awesome this year?
All March Madness games will be played on Basic/Extended Basic (depending where you are) cable. You don't got to buy any sports package this year. All game are on TBS, TNT, TruTV (??), and I want to say CBS. I could be wrong about CBS, it's one of the main networks.

I think it's awesome that all games will be televised this year and you don't have to worry about them cutting into a game to go to another. And now that the TWC ipad app is out hopefully I can catch everything on there as well!

I think it's awesome that all games will be televised this year and you don't have to worry about them cutting into a game to go to another. And now that the TWC ipad app is out hopefully I can catch everything on there as well!

I used to work in a Sports Book here in Vegas. When CBS would switch to another game all hell would break loose. Imagine 15 guys in DUKE t-shirts suddenly jumping up from their chair, swearing and cursing and demanding to know why I would be sooooo stupid as to change the channel in mid game. I had to explain how CBS has just screwed all of us (cuz I usually had action on the game too) Hopefully CBS wont be cutting away to other games anymore.

BTW LEgler on ESPN is just shattering and destroying my confidence in my picks right now.

It's going to be nice not having the coverage jump around this year. Although I'm sure my remote will get a good use.

I don't have trutv, not in regular or Hd, so naturally i'm quite upset that games are being broadcast there. thankfully there's still march madness on demand for free so i'll still be able to watch them.

I think you guys are wrong about the not switching games for that specific reason. A lot of homes don't get trutv, and there are still a lot of people witout cable, just with network tv. If a game is close late, i imagine cbs will switch that game to cbs and the other game to tru or tnt or which ever. nothing's changed, it's just that you no longer need dish network (or direct tv, not sure which) to get the package where you can see every game. now you need time warner

I'm not sure how this works, is the coverage regional or national? For instance, wisconsin is slated to play on trutv, are they playing in trutv across the nation, or is the badger game going to be shown on cbs in the regional wisconsin market? There are going to be a lot of very upset wisconsinites if the badger game is on trutv where over half the state (if not more) will be unable to see them.

Back