Nike VR Pro Cavity Irons Preview

Lol what?? I kid. I usually try not to look at the faces of clubs Im hitting when Im hitting either haha. I got confused the other day in Vans when I was going to try and hit these. They dont look bulky in any sense. They had the dynalite shaft right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure buddy, I had a stack of clubs I was hitting.

so One-t, how would you rate compared to other irons ypu've hit?

these would rate VERY high! they feel incredible and I was seeing some very good forgiveness. The ball flight was a nice high ball flight and the distances were very close to what I normally get. I am a little biased though because I am currently gaming the TaylorMade TP CB irons and I am getting the same results with those, but it seems like I can play them a lot smoother to get those results.

Thanks One-T. They look and sound awesome.. Did you get a chance to hit the whole set or only the 8? Were the 4 and 5 just as forgiving as the rest?

Thanks One-T. They look and sound awesome.. Did you get a chance to hit the whole set or only the 8? Were the 4 and 5 just as forgiving as the rest?

your welcome. I only got to hit the 8 as I was hitting numerous clubs just to see how they all performed

How are these in the sun? They are a lot shinier than the last gen VR irons. Any bad glare on them?

How are these in the sun? They are a lot shinier than the last gen VR irons. Any bad glare on them?

it was very sunny in Florida and it wasnt something that stuck out to me

it was very sunny in Florida and it wasnt something that stuck out to me

Cool, that's pretty much my biggest concern about them. Man, they sure are shiny! Good to see it's not really an issue.

Cool, that's pretty much my biggest concern about them. Man, they sure are shiny! Good to see it's not really an issue.

not at all, at least that I saw

I hit these today for about 10 shots or so. Not enough to say they're definitely going in but I'm going to do some serious testing with these and a couple other sets. They felt lighter than other clubs I have been hitting and I loved the look at address. I was consistant with my ball striking and I definitely look forward to hitting these again. They only had a regular shaft but it didn't seem to be an issue. They were crisp on impact.

I hit these today for about 10 shots or so. Not enough to say they're definitely going in but I'm going to do some serious testing with these and a couple other sets. They felt lighter than other clubs I have been hitting and I loved the look at address. I was consistant with my ball striking and I definitely look forward to hitting these again. They only had a regular shaft but it didn't seem to be an issue. They were crisp on impact.

I can't wait to hit these irons myself yoccos. They do look fantastic at address and look very similar to TM's CB's in both size, top line, and off set.

They really are some attractive irons.

I liked these irons a lot as well buddy, glad you got to hit them

Absolutely agree TC. Im not a topline guy but these really do have a differrnt look standing over them. Confidence is what I felt for sure. Im going to see if I can find a stiff flex to demo. But to be honest the r flex felt pretty good.

T, me too buddy. I really liked the looks to begin with but after a few swings theyre near the top of the "hit a lot more" list haha.

I can't wait to hit these irons myself yoccos. They do look fantastic at address and look very similar to TM's CB's in both size, top line, and off set.

They really are some attractive irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

finally got to get in a long session with these and the launch monitor during a golf galaxy iron fitting. i was curious as to how these performed against the mizuno jpx-800's. and man, both of these are plenty long. i was averaging a 96mph club speed with the nike 6-iron and 97mph club speed with the mizuno 6-iron, but distance was slightly longer and more consistent with the nike (average 188 carry and 198 total vs 185 carry and 196 total with the mizuno). launch angle was slightly higher with the nike too... so, both are very long, nike and mizuno weren't lying about these. what surprised me though was the forgiveness of the nike. it just seemed more forgiving than the mizuno, which i found funny because with the more compact head of the nike i would have thought the opposite. drop off in distance was greater with the mizuno on mishits, while only a couple yards were lost with nike mishits. i need to hit these a few more times, but it looks like it's gonna come down to what i like looking down at better and what feels better... right now (again surprisingly), the nike feels better than the mizuno. i just wish the nike wasn't so damn shiny... a nice satin finish would have been so much better.

Melba Toasted, i totally agree with your assessment. I too spent a good hour hitting both the above irons. The nikes definitely are more forgiving which wasn't what I expected. I currently game the machspeeds and in the forgiveness category there really isn't that much of a difference to me. The biggest thing is how balanced the vr cavities feel. They just seem "right" and that itself inspires confidence. I had fewer mishits with the Nikes as well. Distance wise they are pretty close. I also would say the nike 4 iron much easier to hit than the mizzy 4.
Goodbye machspeeds, hello vr cavities.

Hi JB

Is it just me or did I miss the large writeup on these? I was really looking forward to it

Has not been published yet. You should expect it in the next week.

I wanted to update everyone on the review of these irons. I have received these fresh from the THP Demo Day and will be doing a full homepage review on them. So far I've played 36 holes plus multiple sessions on the driving range. I have to tell you, my initial thoughts so far are that these are some really good irons. I will be updating this thread with more pics and more thoughts as I go along. In case you missed it, you can go here to read what other THP'ers thought about these after hitting them at the 2011 THP Outing and Demo Day. http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?20638-Nike-Golf-Demo-Day-Review

I wanted to update everyone on the review of these irons. I have received these fresh from the THP Demo Day and will be doing a full homepage review on them. So far I've played 36 holes plus multiple sessions on the driving range. I have to tell you, my initial thoughts so far are that these are some really good irons. I will be updating this thread with more pics and more thoughts as I go along. In case you missed it, you can go here to read what other THP'ers thought about these after hitting them at the 2011 THP Outing and Demo Day. http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?20638-Nike-Golf-Demo-Day-Review

Can't wait to see your review! Just another set on my list of irons to demo...

Thanks P4B. I pulled the trigger on these several months back and they are best irons i have ever hit. I really do think the look has a lot to do with it. They really frame the ball nicely and inspire a lot of confidence. i have gamed machspeeds, diablos and s2 and find these the easiest to hit crisply. They are at least a half club longer than the aforementioned clubs for me. I am interested to hear a "player's" thought on these clubs becausr they certainly helped a high capper like myself.

Very nice, Jake! Looking forward to your thoughts on these. They are great looking irons.

I played 36 holes on Saturday, 9 of the holes I used the Pro Cavity irons to get a little more feedback for my review. Again I was very impressed by how solid these irons are, they're a little heavier and that helps me with a sense of being able to hit them more solid. The top line is a little on the thick side, but nothing that is overboard either. Good solid set of irons but I gotta say I don't like the stock grip. It was warm out and these were pretty slippery if I didn't be sure to wipe my hands and the grips before the shots. Obviously a grip switch wouldn't be so hard to do though so no biggie really.

Here's a couple of pics, one of the 4 and the 9 from the cavity. Notice the difference in the depth of the cavity between the two irons, I'll get better detailed pics for the homepage review, but this helps increase the feel in the shorter irons and boost a little more forgiveness in the long irons.

IMG_20110604_140736.jpg

IMG_20110604_140657.jpg

The top line looks awful thick. Not a big fan.

Back