TaylorMade Kingdom Experience Diary

I believe you will have another 10 in Georgia.

That would be good, we can let others know how awesome THP is and how it is the best golf forum in the entire world.

All of you guys did a great job with the video's and information. Thanks again for the amazing thread.

That would be good, we can let others know how awesome THP is and how it is the best golf forum in the entire world.

If they are anything like the 7 we were with, they will definitely be jealous of THP!

Travel Plans are set! Decisions on scripting are currently being made. AA batteries for the flip cam are placed neatly in the suitcase so I don't forget them!

Pretty, sweet... I think this looks like a definitely game changer for you guys, we will see a reunion tour????

I was thinking, the west coast guys did am outstanding job of allowing us to live through them for a weekend, but is there anything that you all would like us to go into more detail with regarding them equipment or taking your own adventure to the Kingdom for a fitting?

If so please let us know so we can do the best job possible.

Okay so here is another video. This one about the Ghost Tour Putters. Mike has some great comments about this line of putters. Some topics include a really cool story about Rory Sabbatini, the Pure roll insert, and forward press. I have to say that I LOVE this putter. It looks so good to me when I am standing over the ball. I was happy with my Scotty and was seriously considering getting the Never Compromise Gambler Straight, but having putted with both of those putters, I prefer this one (and bonus it is cheaper than the NC). The insert feels fantastic on these putters and the weighting is just right. But the area where these putters really stand out is from 10 ft in. It is so true that they are so easy to aim. Putting from 10 in just feels automatic with these putters. I was even putting really well with the anser style putter, which are not my cup of tea. I am not someone who switches up putters very often, but this putter is kicking the Scotty out of the bag. I cannot say enough good things about what TM has done with this putter line up.

Simply an amazing experience.

Absolutely jealous of all.

I really wanted to take the time and post about the irons we were able to hit. I knew that I loved the looks of the TaylorMade Forged TP irons, but wasn't sure how I would be able to hit them or which model would be for me. I was so happy that when I was able to pick them up I seemed to hit both the CB and the MC models well. Brian Bazzel was the fitter that was working with me on the irons, and both he and Alan Stone (Stoney) noted that my divots looked like I was hitting them toe down and that I would be better served with a more upright club. They found a 2* upright 6 iron in the MCs (Bazzel also said that I hit the CBs too high so I should go for the MCs since I was able to hit them equally as well). I hit some more shots off the lie board and I was still impacting on the toe. Bazzel suggested that we move from the S300 shaft to the X100. He said that on the downswing the club will not only flex back and forth, but it also flexes down, which would also contribute to my shots being hit with the toe down. So he switched the shaft to X100 and kept me at 2* upright and WAA-LAA! Straight at the target! These irons just feel sooo good and inspire a ton of confidence! The turf interaction felt so precise, and if you watch the video P4B posted talking about the forged irons it is easy to see why these feel so good going through the turf. I hit shot after shot at the target and I was just amazed. My ball flight was lower too, which I definitely need. Talking with Bazzel he suggested that I get a blended set. MCs from PW-6 iron and the CBs from 5-3. The CBs also come with the X100 XP shaft which is about 15 grams lighter than the standard shaft. He explained that this is another great feature of blending my set this way as it creates a smoother transition from the weight of the iron shafts to the weight of the hybrid shafts then to the FW and driver shafts. I am in LOVE with this set up and will be getting it ASAP! I was so grateful that Bazzel and Stoney took the time to fit me to these irons because never in a million years did I think I should be hitting X100 shafts. Here is a short video of me hitting the Forged TP MC 6 iron.

Thanks for the video's Dr Teeth, that was an interesting little putter segment. Those irons were sounding crisp my man.

Regarding the R11 launch numbers - what were the pros/staff trying to get your numbers to in regards to spin, speed, etc?? I'm going next week to fine tune my R11 and would LOVE to know what they were telling each one of you and did you achieve it? I saw some talk on one of the videos but couldn't tell what the goal was on each category. I appreciate the feedback.....or should say what your feedback was?!?

Man, you guys brought the coverage!! You have no idea how much I want to go through a full fitting now! I'm sensing a trip to a TMPL sometime in my future, hopefully sooner rather than later!

I was thinking, the west coast guys did am outstanding job of allowing us to live through them for a weekend, but is there anything that you all would like us to go into more detail with regarding them equipment or taking your own adventure to the Kingdom for a fitting?

If so please let us know so we can do the best job possible.

I say just have fun and share as much as you can. I bet you are so excited that you can't even sleep!

So Ive watched the Flick videos a couple times now. id love to get some lessons from that guy.

So Ive watched the Flick videos a couple times now. id love to get some lessons from that guy.
I know he won't be in Georiga this weekend, but man I sure wish he would be there.

Thanks for talking more about the irons. I've been following the CB thread and am very excited to hit them in GA. I'm also excited to see how I fair with the other forged irons. Was there a reason they mentioned you were hitting the CB's too high.

I really wanted to take the time and post about the irons we were able to hit. I knew that I loved the looks of the TaylorMade Forged TP irons, but wasn't sure how I would be able to hit them or which model would be for me. I was so happy that when I was able to pick them up I seemed to hit both the CB and the MC models well. Brian Bazzel was the fitter that was working with me on the irons, and both he and Alan Stone (Stoney) noted that my divots looked like I was hitting them toe down and that I would be better served with a more upright club. They found a 2* upright 6 iron in the MCs (Bazzel also said that I hit the CBs too high so I should go for the MCs since I was able to hit them equally as well). I hit some more shots off the lie board and I was still impacting on the toe. Bazzel suggested that we move from the S300 shaft to the X100. He said that on the downswing the club will not only flex back and forth, but it also flexes down, which would also contribute to my shots being hit with the toe down. So he switched the shaft to X100 and kept me at 2* upright and WAA-LAA! Straight at the target! These irons just feel sooo good and inspire a ton of confidence! The turf interaction felt so precise, and if you watch the video P4B posted talking about the forged irons it is easy to see why these feel so good going through the turf. I hit shot after shot at the target and I was just amazed. My ball flight was lower too, which I definitely need. Talking with Bazzel he suggested that I get a blended set. MCs from PW-6 iron and the CBs from 5-3. The CBs also come with the X100 XP shaft which is about 15 grams lighter than the standard shaft. He explained that this is another great feature of blending my set this way as it creates a smoother transition from the weight of the iron shafts to the weight of the hybrid shafts then to the FW and driver shafts. I am in LOVE with this set up and will be getting it ASAP! I was so grateful that Bazzel and Stoney took the time to fit me to these irons because never in a million years did I think I should be hitting X100 shafts. Here is a short video of me hitting the Forged TP MC 6 iron.

Regarding the R11 launch numbers - what were the pros/staff trying to get your numbers to in regards to spin, speed, etc?? I'm going next week to fine tune my R11 and would LOVE to know what they were telling each one of you and did you achieve it? I saw some talk on one of the videos but couldn't tell what the goal was on each category. I appreciate the feedback.....or should say what your feedback was?!?

Nate the numbers they were telling me were 12 & 22. 12 degrees launch angle and 2200 rpms. My ball speed was about 164 mph with the R11. We got pretty much right on those magic numbers and my angle of decent was better too. I know some of the other guys did not get to these exact numbers, but those were the numbers they said.

Thanks for talking more about the irons. I've been following the CB thread and am very excited to hit them in GA. I'm also excited to see how I fair with the other forged irons. Was there a reason they mentioned you were hitting the CB's too high.

The CBs are GREAT! The reason I hit those high is they have a lower CG. This is intentionally there to help get the ball in the air. For my 8 iron that is no good, but that is exactly why I am getting the CBs in the long irons. I was worried that I wouldn't be about to hit the MCs well , but they were AWESOME! I love these irons so much I was dreaming about them last night! :D

Thanks Doc! I will know what to look for now!

p.s. I can not wait for these irons to come out....already called Golftec for a fitting once they hit the floor!

Great videos...thanks for sharing Dr. Teeth! Looks like this was a truly amazing experience for the west coast participants and I have no doubt that the east coast experience will be just as amazing. Looking forward to reading more!

Great story about Rory. Not a fan of his but can't argue with the results he got from that putter. Those things look sick too. On my wish list for sure.

So I have been receiving a lot of requests for more videos. What is the people demand? more Jim Flick? No. More shots of the fitting process? No. More information from the experts? No. What the people want is more of the Kingdom coordinator Jamie. So Nate, bridges, and everyone else out there here you go! (Also the video is really cool because she is describing the MAT-T System!
[video=youtube;YRVJW-heG8I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRVJW-heG8I[/video]

Thanks Doc, I didn't even make it in there, after my driver fitting I went to putters and to irons and somehow the tour guide got busy and I didn't get in on that. Too bad nobody got suited up!

LOL @ everyone wanting to see more of Jamie. She is easy on the eyes. Great information too.

Alright so I found one more video that I think deserves to be seen. This is Drumdog's approach shot on a par 5 at Aviara. He hit a fantasitc drive and had 250 to the hole. It was over water though so he was debating whether or not to go for it. In the end he decided he didn't want to leave any shots on the table. So watch him crush this 3 wood!

Back