Holiday Cheer Day 8 – Miyazaki Shafts – Tour Level Shaft

It's definitely an interesting learning curb. Not every shaft fits every driver due to weight issues, swing speed, launch angle, etc. I am going through the same fitting KellyBo went through in the very near future which will be for a new driver & irons and also hybrids. I can not wait to see what pans out. I can tell you today I went to Macon and tried the new Supertri driver & Superfast driver on the launch monitor. I was actully average more speed and better spin rate with the R11 which surprised me. I was in the low 3000 range spin rate with an launch angle at average 11 - 12, with the R11 and average swing speed was 98 mph. It must be due to the heavy gym work I have been doing as my swing speed was averaging 92 - 95 :D. I will not go into the carry distance as a couple of swings had me way out there way past my current average. I can't wait to see the results of the lightweight Miyazaki 39 gram shaft with the Superfast head combo!

I can't wait to hear how it works for ya Gray!

This is not the greatest post in the world, this is just a tribute.

I can't wait to hear how it works for ya Gray!

This is not the greatest post in the world, this is just a tribute.

Thanks buddy! I am excited myself and KellyBo just came home from the golf course drooling over the Super Fast. I was going to put it in my Cobra S2 but the head is borderline a bit too heavy for this shaft.

Thanks buddy! I am excited myself and KellyBo just came home from the golf course drooling over the Super Fast. I was going to put it in my Cobra S2 but the head is borderline a bit too heavy for this shaft.

I think you made a good choice.

I took my Miyazaki C Kua 39 gram shaft with the TM SuperFast head out for another test spin today. It was windy and it seemed like the majority of the holes had the wind directly in my face. When I initially tried this combo I had a bit of a snap hook going on so the results were not good. I do believe the 39 gram shaft might give some players a tendency to overcook their drives. If I had to do it over again, I would have chosen the 43 or 59 gram shaft. Today with my tempo more on the smooth side, I was seeing a nice little draw with the Miyazaki/SF combo. I tee'd off solo today to give this driver a good test. Playing two or three balls on some of the holes, I was pleasantly surprised with the shot dispersion and nice ball flight the Miyazaki shaft gave me. There is no doubt that the quality of this shaft is second to none. I highly recommend anyone seeking a consistant shot pattern to give the Miyazaki shaft a try. It's a proven winner :thumb:

I had a terrible Snap hook problem too when I got my SF as well. It was just soo much lighter than my older driver that my tempo got completly thrown off at first. I had to really concentrate on a smooth takeaway and transition in my swing before I began to see some great results with it. I've had it for over a year now and, I love it when my tempo's good. For some reason i keep swinging out of my shoes when I know I shouldn't.

I had a terrible Snap hook problem too when I got my SF as well. It was just soo much lighter than my older driver that my tempo got completly thrown off at first. I had to really concentrate on a smooth takeaway and transition in my swing before I began to see some great results with it. I've had it for over a year now and, I love it when my tempo's good. For some reason i keep swinging out of my shoes when I know I shouldn't.

Hmmmmmm is that why your avatar says Snap Hook, Snap Hook? :D

Hmmmmmm is that why your avatar says Snap Hook, Snap Hook? :D

to be honest I was gonna start my last post with "I had a terrible Self Titled problem too....."
yeah that's my miss. Been that way since high school. My coach once joked my Fade was a 5 yard Draw.

I ended up keeping the stock Matrix Shaft in my SF because TM's whole pr campaign was about fine balanced speed and lightness. But the one shaft I was curious about matching it with was without a doub the miyazaki. Good choice sir on combining the two. How long do you have the shaft at? "Stock" on the SF is an insane 46.5 inches

to be honest I was gonna start my last post with "I had a terrible Self Titled problem too....."
yeah that's my miss. Been that way since high school. My coach once joked my Fade was a 5 yard Draw.

I ended up keeping the stock Matrix Shaft in my SF because TM's whole pr campaign was about fine balanced speed and lightness. But the one shaft I was curious about matching it with was without a doub the miyazaki. Good choice sir on combining the two. How long do you have the shaft at? "Stock" on the SF is an insane 46.5 inches

The Miyazaki was cut to 45 inches. I first tried it in the Taylormade SuperTri and it just did not work. I seen a guy selling the Superfast with the C Kua Miyazaki shaft for $350.00 bucks so I said why not try it. I bought the SF head for $85.00 and stuck it on the Miyazaki shaft. This might just turn out to be a winning combo, with some fine tuning.

The Miyazaki was cut to 45 inches. I first tried it in the Taylormade SuperTri and it just did not work. I seen a guy selling the Superfast with the C Kua Miyazaki shaft for $350.00 bucks so I said why not try it. I bought the SF head for $85.00 and stuck it on the Miyazaki shaft. This might just turn out to be a winning combo, with some fine tuning.

awesome gray, keep us posted!

Thanks for the info. I have been looking at one of their shafts for a 3 wood.

Grey, saw your signature.... say it aint so? :banghead:

Grey, saw your signature.... say it aint so? :banghead:

Snap -- I still have they Miyazaki 39 gram shaft. It's in the TaylorMade Burner SF head however, I am not gaming it.

If you are talking about the snakes, I still have a few in the garage closet. You must realize by now, I am an insider with a Cleveland fitter, so here we go :D

Snap -- I still have they Miyazaki 39 gram shaft. It's in the TaylorMade Burner SF head however, I am not gaming it.

If you are talking about the snakes, I still have a few in the garage closet. You must realize by now, I am an insider with a Cleveland fitter, so here we go :D

Gray, I thought you got the 270 driver? It was the 290?

yea I know.
Deep down I was hoping to find you doing back flips when you combined the Miyazaki with the SuperFast.
If something else is doing better for you then more power to you my friend.

Besides, I hear Cleveland has some pretty crappy shafts now a days. :D

Gray, I thought you got the 270 driver? It was the 290?

Yep (SL290) 10.5 and it is working great!

Back