The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahaha...JB, that was hilarious! I hope you get in on the banter/trash talk the whole time. arydolphin is a Dook fan. and his screen name sounds like hairydolphin...either of the two is not good

Come on, you know being a Duke fan is AWESOME. The hairydolphin part...I never thought about it, it really doesn't sound good, does it?

Consider the possibility of me being on a team with TC and/or One-T....it'll be like cats and dogs getting along.

congrats to all the winners....gonna be an incredible experience for all of you!!

I will preface this by saying that I mean none of it. I am so wishing that I was able to play in this event and I am going to miss out on the trash talk leading up for the next few months. So here are some gems for each and every one of you. So here I will offend each contestant.

arydolphin - He is a TW fan, nothing else needs to be said.

True story: at the 2000 PGA, a girl in the crowd came up to me and asked me if I was Tiger Woods. So not only am I a fan, I also look like him!

Up until last year, I would have said that I could have shown up on the tee and tried to look like Tiger and intimidate people. After the last year...not so much.

I'm not a great trash-talker, I'm going to have to step my game up!

I just got back from getting a tattoo of a tear drop under my left eye to express my sadness at being too slow answering the questions. Ha, just kidding folks. That is a great bunch of people selected to take part of the Morgan Cup. You folks are going to have a blast and I am looking forward to seeing/hearing about it! I might try to make it down to Florida as an attendee.

True story: at the 2000 PGA, a girl in the crowd came up to me and asked me if I was Tiger Woods. So not only am I a fan, I also look like him!

Up until last year, I would have said that I could have shown up on the tee and tried to look like Tiger and intimidate people. After the last year...not so much.

I'm not a great trash-talker, I'm going to have to step my game up!

Im not sure I would take that as a compliment...hehe

TC
biggsy
coolbreeze
Esox
adwillingham
AHA
Yoccos1981
rbelbin
Puttin4bird
One-T
CG 13
Jrod
OEM Kevin
Ddec0418
DirtyDawg67
arydolphin

Congrats guys! Smack talk next then let's see you all back it up on THP TV!! Good luck to you all, it's got to be one amazing feeling for sure.

Lmao CG I laughed so hard at that video. Great work man. Your poor golf clothes.

hehe that was my ONLY callaway shirt!! but its in the wash.

Awesome video. you are quick to the post a video of such high quality. Editing must have taken seconds. :D
Congrats on making the team.

congrats everyone. I look forward to hearing your banter and play leading up to the morgan cup. cheers:drinks:

Awesome video. you are quick to the post a video of such high quality. Editing must have taken seconds. :D
Congrats on making the team.

no editing thats why lol. if i could have edited my eyes open i would have :p

I really hope some people decide to come down and watch the event. Knowing JB he has more then a few surprises up his sleeve for those that attend. I am really excited for Thursday night to find out if I will be with Taylormade or Callaway. Both are great companies and have top notch equipment on on the market.

agreed - i was planning on coming even if i didnt make it - but you KNOW the spectators are going to have a blast.

Congrats to ALL!!!!

Regarding CG13's video:

<cue Ron Burgandy voice>

Wow, that escalated quickly, didn't it? I mean, that really got out of hand fast!

Well said Ddec.

I really hope some people decide to come down and watch the event. Knowing JB he has more then a few surprises up his sleeve for those that attend. I am really excited for Thursday night to find out if I will be with Taylormade or Callaway. Both are great companies and have top notch equipment on on the market.

Come on, you know being a Duke fan is AWESOME. The hairydolphin part...I never thought about it, it really doesn't sound good, does it?

Consider the possibility of me being on a team with TC and/or One-T....it'll be like cats and dogs getting along.

oh, if we are teamed up I can assure you that the Carolina Dok rivalry will be out the window for that weekend!

where can/should we ask questions about the Morgan cup?

I will preface this by saying that I mean none of it. I am so wishing that I was able to play in this event and I am going to miss out on the trash talk leading up for the next few months. So here are some gems for each and every one of you. So here I will offend each contestant.

TC - Really? Do I have to say anything here? My official Glass Joe is getting warmed up by beating on pale hundy for this? There is nothing more that has to be said on the topic of this man.

biggsy - Training on a sim while living in FL should be a crime. Especially doing so wearing flip flops.

coolbreeze - Hiding in igloo in preparation for the FL August event will make this more interesting than I ever anticipated.

Esox - There are plenty of buffets here for his damage, but the self professed large and sweaty older man playing 36 in the August heat reminds me to get my game in shape. We may need that alternate after all.

adwillingham - Not sure AD should be allowed to trash talk because he is so quiet.

AHA - Another golfer that teed it up with JB and their magical A game was not around...hehe I kid, because Andy can play, but it was true.

Yoccos1981 - Two words - Jay Cutler

rbelbin - Hitting it a ton only counts if you dont have to play a 2nd shot.

Puttin4bird - Good lord its not even worth it here. Go get your swimming trunks on for supper pal.

One-T - Missing a 15 foot putt 5 feet to the right and 6 feet short is now called a One-T.

CG 13 - Not sure what to say here other than you are way too hyper for FL. Slow down, take a deep breath.

Jrod - Somehow no dental work needed to be done for this one. Or full sponsorship outweighs all.

OEM Kevin - What the hell are you going to do having to play one set of clubs for an entire weekend.

Ddec0418 - Will be too busy copy and pasting stats of the Euro Tour to realize he has to make a putt to win.

DirtyDawg67 - Just not fair yet, but next time, expect the punishment.

arydolphin - He is a TW fan, nothing else needs to be said.

You are too good at this, thats why I'm glad you aren't on the opposing team. The Biggsy one had me LOL.

hehe that was my ONLY callaway shirt!! but its in the wash.

You may have many more soon, great video cg, you are insane. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

where can/should we ask questions about the Morgan cup?

Anywhere. All threads will be merged to one coming up soon.

Now that I'm home from work, I can post a bit more. I'm still having trouble putting things into words. There are a bunch of feelings running through me right now:
*Honored to be part of a very special competition that is the first of its kind.
*Humbled to be congratulated on my inclusion on here by people that I haven't even met.
*Excited to meet 15 other guys that are as passionate about the game as I am, and also to meet JB and Golfergal.
*Determined to improve my game by August so that I don't make a fool out of myself down there.

But most of all, I feel lucky. All of the participants are so lucky to be involved with this competition, and also to have the opportunity to work with such generous companies as Taylormade and Callaway as well as such generous people as JB and Golfergal. Thanks for letting me be a part of this great event.

anyone look at flights yet? I found a good one for me out of Hartford which is about a 2-2.5 hour drive from here.

Anywhere. All threads will be merged to one coming up soon.

ok, will we find out which team we are on as well as the sponsor on Thursday or just the sponsor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back