Anyone else see Martin St. Louis' shootout move tonight? Pretty sweet.

Sorry, missed it. I'll have to go look it up after the fight is over here :D. Trying to figure out if anyone gets the instigator penalty and if there's a 3rd man in to send to the locker room. :D

I couldn't agree more. But even you have to admit that at least 1 game was needed to show that no one will ever get away with that, intended or not. Not for charas sake, but for the future of the leagues sake.

Guys need to take more care in this league. It's becoming a brute sport, when it should be a finesse sport with minor brutalism here and there.

From the iPhone.

I'm not a fan of suspensions for the sake of sending a message when no intent to injure or malice was apparent. No one got away with anything, it was an unfortunate hockey play that resulted in an injury. If the NHL wants to get more serious about safety then they'll incorporate a penalty for a players stick above their shoulders and start using automatic icing. They've addressed head shots and blind side hits, but you will never eliminate someone's head hitting the boards as long as their is checking.

Much like the NFL, I think if you reduce the size of pads then maybe people will think twice before they come flying into someone against a wall. Look at the shoulder pads of the 70's and 80's vs the road warrior pads of today. I didn't play with wrist guards, we used friggin wrist bands. Hell as a goalie we didn't have thigh and knee boards. There was always a little fleshy space between your pants and pads. If you were down and the puck caught you above the knee, you were lucky if you're leg didn't go numb.

Anyone else see Martin St. Louis' shootout move tonight? Pretty sweet.

When I first saw it I didn't think that would stand. That puck stopped advancing in my eyes.

I thought it was ok if the puck stopped advancing, it's the player who has to keep advancing?? Maybe not.

I agree.

Air Canada has threatened the NHL that they would pull out all sponsorships if nothing is done.

From the article I linked it sounds like Air Canada wants them to get more strict in the rules to reduce injuries, not just this incident. I think they're right. Actually, the rules are in place the NHL just needs to enforce them more.

The other thing I got from this article is AvionicsMan is right about Bettman, he sounds like he is absolutely clueless in the article.

From the article I linked it sounds like Air Canada wants them to get more strict in the rules to reduce injuries, not just this incident. I think they're right. Actually, the rules are in place the NHL just needs to enforce them more.

The other thing I got from this article is AvionicsMan is right about Bettman, he sounds like he is absolutely clueless in the article.

Hehe thanks c_ault. Maybe Bettman should have his own HBO show. Call it "Clueless in New York" Thankfully this is his last year of his contract and I hope the owners will see what a idiot he is and not ask him back. Did anyone ever notice that Bettman kinda looks like the count from Sesame Street!! Separated at birth maybe???
d111aec1-33e0-dc61.jpg

Thats the french for ya.

The one thing it does show me though, is that they support their local hockey team much more than any other!

They're gonna send Dog after him. Stay tuned on A&E.

:D I'd watch it if they made him go after Chara on the ice.

Hehe thanks c_ault. Maybe Bettman should have his own HBO show. Call it "Clueless in New York" Thankfully this is his last year of his contract and I hope the owners will see what a idiot he is and not ask him back. Did anyone ever notice that Bettman kinda looks like the count from Sesame Street!! Separated at birth maybe???
d111aec1-33e0-dc61.jpg

:D we should send him a monocle (it would be 2 jokes in one). :D

The one thing it does show me though, is that they support their local hockey team much more than any other!

Unfortunately over the last 30 years I've seen the classiness of the Montreal Canadiens organization and its fans go way downhill. I'm wondering how much coming from both the organization and Air Canada is for publicity compared to true outrage.

Just heard today that Bettman got a 5 year extension!! Can't believe it!!

The Caps are on fire. They definitely made the right trades and have a hot goalie in Braden Holtby. Just in time for the playoffs. LET'S GO CAPS!!!!!!

The Caps are on fire. They definitely made the right trades and have a hot goalie in Braden Holtby. Just in time for the playoffs. LET'S GO CAPS!!!!!!

Arnott definitely was the piece of the puzzle that they were missing.

From the iPhone.

With as much money troubles as some of the teams in the NHL, if you take some of their cheddar away it'll get their attention!

Now that is an impressive interpretation of the text c_ault.

I'm not a fan off the way Montreal in general has gone about this (looking at you air canada and police department) but if the league says you can't make changes to sort out a danger area, I'd say there's a legitimate place for complaints and concerns even if it should have been done in another manner.

If I were Molson I'd look into installing a feminine napkin dispenser in the home locker room, maybe in the front office as well.

Now that is an impressive interpretation of the text c_ault.

I'm not a fan off the way Montreal in general has gone about this (looking at you air canada and police department) but if the league says you can't make changes to sort out a danger area, I'd say there's a legitimate place for complaints and concerns even if it should have been done in another manner.

It may be a radical interpretation but the only article I read of Molson criticizing the NHL it was about not suspending Chara. I don't remember seeing anything in the initial criticism about the NHL not allowing them to change the glass to make the rink safer. If the rink has a problem and the home players are criticizing it then they should have been yelling about the NHL not allowing improvements not yelling that another player should be suspended. Just my opinion.

It may be a radical interpretation but the only article I read of Molson criticizing the NHL it was about not suspending Chara. I don't remember seeing anything in the initial criticism about the NHL not allowing them to change the glass to make the rink safer. If the rink has a problem and the home players are criticizing it then they should have been yelling about the NHL not allowing improvements not yelling that another player should be suspended. Just my opinion.

I agree, they should have been yelling at the NHL all along to fix the known issue. I also agree that Molson should have been saying that in the first place rather then rousing the lynching mob. What I don't agree with is castrating them for finally saying that. Yes, it was twerpy the way they went about things when they were angry but angry people aren't known for thinking straight or calmly. Now that the actual problem has been identified if Molson wants to sing it from the roofs in order to guilt the league into doing something then I'm all for it. If Montreal makes the play offs where things ramp up even more speed wise I see no reason to continue to take the same risk.

Being annoyed with their antics before I understand. Being vastly annoyed with the protestors who want to twist the event to their own agenda is also cool. Continuing to call them idiots for wanting to fix the problem now isn't really koser anymore.

Back