The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, will we find out which team we are on as well as the sponsor on Thursday or just the sponsor?

Skimmer.

Thursday is sponsors.

Next week is teams.

Skimmer.

Thursday is sponsors.

Next week is teams.

thanks...I skim, but I chose wisely on what to skim.

Since I only know 5 of the 16 personally, the team I root for will be the one that has the most of the following: TC, biggsy, adwillingham, Puttin4bird and OEM Kevin. Since TC and biggsy are definitely on different teams, the team with two or more of the other three will be my team! Pretty scientific, huh?

I apologize in advance if I forget what company is sponsoring me. Having that occur on Thursday, which is St. Patrick's Day and the first real day of the NCAA Tournament...let's just say I may have an adult beverage or two during that day.

I apologize in advance if I forget what company is sponsoring me. Having that occur on Thursday, which St. Patrick's Day and the first real day of the NCAA Tournament...let's just say I may have an adult beverage or two during that day.

I will too buddy! the green hairydolphin in a Dook shirt

Now that I'm home from work, I can post a bit more. I'm still having trouble putting things into words. There are a bunch of feelings running through me right now:
*Honored to be part of a very special competition that is the first of its kind.
*Humbled to be congratulated on my inclusion on here by people that I haven't even met.
*Excited to meet 15 other guys that are as passionate about the game as I am, and also to meet JB and Golfergal.
*Determined to improve my game by August so that I don't make a fool out of myself down there.

But most of all, I feel lucky. All of the participants are so lucky to be involved with this competition, and also to have the opportunity to work with such generous companies as Taylormade and Callaway as well as such generous people as JB and Golfergal. Thanks for letting me be a part of this great event.

Very well said....probably sums up the thoughts of the other 15.

Gratz everyone :) I bet you'll have a blast!

anyone look at flights yet? I found a good one for me out of Hartford which is about a 2-2.5 hour drive from here.

i booked early - im staying a week august 15-22nd. If i need to adjust a flight i can do it later - but i found round trip for 125 each. wanted to reserve those. I only see gas prices going up - so didnt want to wait till summer when gas is predicted to be around $4.00 a gallon. Im flying nonstop from Columbus ohio to orlando.

We can look into housing later - im up for whatever!

I already had the weekend requested off at work - was planning on attending anways. I decided it would be best to fly down early though - get settled in - maybe play a practice round or two - get to know my team - relax - Get in the ZONE!!

Rather than fly down weds or thurs and be rushing to settle in. I booked with southwest as they allow two bags - (one big golf bag counts as 2) so then ill bring another suitcase for clothes and pay extra (or if the girlfriend decides she can make it - ill use one of her bags)

i booked early - im staying a week august 15-22nd. If i need to adjust a flight i can do it later - but i found round trip for 125 each. wanted to reserve those. I only see gas prices going up - so didnt want to wait till summer when gas is predicted to be around $4.00 a gallon. Im flying nonstop from Columbus ohio to orlando.

We can look into housing later - im up for whatever!

I already had the weekend requested off at work - was planning on attending anways. I decided it would be best to fly down early though - get settled in - maybe play a practice round or two - get to know my team - relax - Get in the ZONE!!

Rather than fly down weds or thurs and be rushing to settle in. I booked with southwest as they allow two bags - (one big golf bag counts as 2) so then ill bring another suitcase for clothes and pay extra (or if the girlfriend decides she can make it - ill use one of her bags)

Never heard that one big golf bag counts as two. How big is your golf bag? I've always taken my golf bag and a suitcase and it only counted as two. As long as your golf bag is less than 50 pounds you should be good. Unless they've changed their bag rules recently.

anyone look at flights yet? I found a good one for me out of Hartford which is about a 2-2.5 hour drive from here.

I just looked at flights out of Boston, I'm going to wait a little bit for the summer sales, it's only March right now. Airtran, Jetblue, and Delta all fly nonstop to Orlando, I'm sure there will be a deal at some point. I'm probably going to come in on Wednesday or Thursday, fly back home on Monday. Unlike some other people, I can't take the entire week off from work.

this thread is on fire! Can't wait to follow all the smack talk on here....although I'm sure there's going to be only so many ways to say 'I'm going to beat you' and 'you stink' lol

Congrats guys! Looks like a solid list of players for sure. I look forward to the trash talking and team picking and all that good stuff.

And we're all gonna find out who's got game :smile-big:

Hope no one is going through a "swing change" when they get to the competition! hahaha

I want Esox....I hate how much he bashes Tiger. There I said it. You and me Tiger Hater...lets go!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Congrats to the winners! Hope everything goes smoothly

Jake must be at happy hour lol
I want Esox....I hate how much he bashes Tiger. There I said it. You and me Tiger Hater...lets go!

Hope no one is going through a "swing change" when they get to the competition! hahaha

I have cut off my ties to Sean Foley so that I can be ready to go for August

Hysterical. You really do base your entire being on Tiger Woods.

Alright Im back and I`ve missed some epic talk. Gotta catch up and then its on.

Man, it's not a swing change, it's a "process", don't you know that?

You want some of this Tiger Hater Jr.....oh, you're not playing!

Listen supper boy. "Want some of this?" Can you really say that? How did your two days of golf fare here? I believe you went back to the North Pole with your tail between your legs. Or at least that is what you told others as it was more likely really just looking that way because you drove by Isleworth leaving our home. We had to boil our furniture because you just knowing he was sleeping less than 5 miles away had us a little "nervous".

Hysterical. You really do base your entire being on Tiger Woods.

I think P4B and I will have a Tiger love-fest at the Morgan Cup. JB and Esox are not invited.

I will preface this by saying that I mean none of it. I am so wishing that I was able to play in this event and I am going to miss out on the trash talk leading up for the next few months. So here are some gems for each and every one of you. So here I will offend each contestant.

adwillingham - Not sure AD should be allowed to trash talk because he is so quiet.

Yeah, I can't really argue with JB's assessment. I'm probably going to be the worst trash talker here (other than P4B of course :act-up:).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back