Funny, I've only played 3 courses around the border and you named all three! My Company is a defense company and I deal with the US Army on a dialy basis and we play a golf tourney at Selfridge every yr.

Thats awesome! I really like Selfridge. Its not the greatest course and kind of small but its on an AIR FORCE BASE! Not very often can you say you played golf at an AFB.

Thats awesome! I really like Selfridge. Its not the greatest course and kind of small but its on an AIR FORCE BASE! Not very often can you say you played golf at an AFB.

Nothing like sinking a birdie putt with a jet fighter screaming above :clap:

I don't remeber Rattle Run that much.

Absolutely love Fore Lakes, the price is just crazy. You can play it for like $25 with a cart.

I go to northern Mich on a late summer golf trip every yr with a bunch of dudes. Been to Garland, Crystal Mountain, Boyne and Grand Traverse. We are going back to Grand Traverse this yr.

Welcome! My wife is from St Claire. Well East China to be more exact. Apparently there is a huge difference between St Claire and St Claire Shores. I didnt know when I first met her. me being from the Grand Rapids area, I wouldnt understand she says!

Fore Lakes is a great course!!!! That is also where my wife and I got married. I would drive across the state just to play that course with the cost of it being soo good. Another course I have played on that side of the state that is pretty small is Rattle Run. Not the greatest course but its good when you dont have many to choose from. Also if you know anyone with some credentials at Selfridge Air Force Base, I would higly suggest trying out their course aswell. Fun to play golf in the middle of an AF base.

I can get on Selfridge and I plan on playing it some more this year. I tend to like longer, tougher courses so thats why I ofteh to have a bit of a drive.

On a side note since playing with jets flying overhead was brought up. If you ever get a chance play the couses as Luke (AZ) and Nellis (NV). Luke is next to the largest fighter wing in the world and right in their approach to land. You'll have a jet going by every minute or two. Nellis wraps around the end of the runway. You'll see/feel plenty of jets take off and its likely you'll see the Thunderbirds flying overhead. One of the coolest things happened to me there. I was on the green next to the runway and was ligning up my put. As I was over the ball and 4 F-16s started taking off at the same time. It causes my ball to roll down the hill about 10ft further from the pin.

Hello fellow Michigander!

Back