Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

Hit the Apex 19 pro the other day. Very nice irons. Long, forgiving, nice sound/feel, consistent, good flight. They look appealing at address. Other than price, I struggle to find anything I didn't like about them. Maybe too long? IDK. I'm not really looking for new irons -- just flirting -- but would game these in a heartbeat. I'm more on a shaft quest associated with re-thinking how I want to swing and play.

zbeekner4;n8903659 said:
The black shafts look sweet. Let us know what you think once you get them out on the course

I love the black v. chrome/satin contrast. I really enjoyed these this past weekend. I played them without having hit a single ball first. While the club head size was smaller than I'm used to (I'm more a 585 than 785 guy), and thus a bit intimidating, I actually hit them quite well. The yardages seemed to be right on with my 585s. I hit greens yesterday with each of the 8, 9, and PW, but my timing was off with the AW, resulting in some weak fades that missed short. I'm excited to get them on the range, because there I'll be able to more accurately compare them to my past gamers.

my swing was off and my mind was a mess this past saturday when i played, so not a lot of positives or really even relevant thoughts. forgiveness is very real with this, that's for darn sure. after the round i went to the range and just banged 8-irons for awhile. when hit well, that club feels absolutely amazing.

JMB3;n8903691 said:
I love the black v. chrome/satin contrast. I really enjoyed these this past weekend. I played them without having hit a single ball first. While the club head size was smaller than I'm used to (I'm more a 585 than 785 guy), and thus a bit intimidating, I actually hit them quite well. The yardages seemed to be right on with my 585s. I hit greens yesterday with each of the 8, 9, and PW, but my timing was off with the AW, resulting in some weak fades that missed short. I'm excited to get them on the range, because there I'll be able to more accurately compare them to my past gamers.

Are those the regular elevate shafts or elevate tour?

I've unfortunately struggled with my Pros this year. It's definitely a swing issue and I really should break down and get a lesson but my pride has prevented that. When I'm on they have been awesome with a straight flight, stopping power and one of the best feeling irons I've played. Unfortunately those good days have been pretty rare this year.

Was so impressed with the pros at ECPC but fitter said to go with the standard and he was spot on best ball striking year. Had a chance to pick up a set of pros 7-GW at a cant say no price. After listening to the Ship Show podcast on blended sets https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/callaway-podcasts/id686017329
League year is over and now it’s all fun so thought let’s see how they fit, Because the gapping for loft is right on because I d-lofted my standard Apex, So they fit in really well I threw the 8-GW in the bag this weekend and the results were just like the podcast was mentioning about lower flight workability through the rough and moving the ball left and right. I hit some darts this weekend and they will remain in the bag for the rest of the year and then come the start of next season we will see what set is the best to play. Callaway Golf has knocked it out of the park.

Pure Sexyness

DA9E6997-F995-496D-840E-5D26E53C5079.jpeg

Irons cooperated very well for me yesterday. Outside of a chunked 5i off the tee, my ball striking was great and the sound was a very soft pop off each shot. Wish I looked at my contact after each shot, just felt like I was hitting the sweet spot most of the time. The one short iron I hit on a ~110 par 3 felt toey, but it still landed even with the pin for a 2 putt par. Just a great day with the irons and I didn't even see the draws/hooks that creep into the shots like I did the last few rounds.

So, the folks that know me and my equipment likes know that of every spot in the bag, I love tinkering with irons more than anything else. I've got to say that this is the first time in years that I have had basically zero desire to do that, even as we move into release season. These check every single box for me. They're long, they're forgiving, and they look absolutely phenomenal.

I know I've been pretty effusive in my praise of these previously, but I feel like I can't capture just how much I like these irons. These have easily become my favorite all-time iron set. And I'm not sure it's close.

mpeterson;n8906571 said:
So, the folks that know me and my equipment likes know that of every spot in the bag, I love tinkering with irons more than anything else. I've got to say that this is the first time in years that I have had basically zero desire to do that, even as we move into release season. These check every single box for me. They're long, they're forgiving, and they look absolutely phenomenal.

I know I've been pretty effusive in my praise of these previously, but I feel like I can't capture just how much I like these irons. These have easily become my favorite all-time iron set. And I'm not sure it's close.

Same. I want HMB's, but I don't really have any reason to jump on them. These just work, which is incredibly boring for me to play the same set so long hahahaha

Yay! I can read posts in this thread again with the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I get an update Mon but would fully expect to see my CF19 5-AW this coming week. Need to errr want to take advantage of what will be the last couple weeks-month of the outdoor season here.

First post for me in the new forum, I hope I’m happy with it long term :cool:

I fondled but didn’t hit a set on the wall at GolfTown. It dint make me feel better except the blade length looked fine, felt short when I bought em but hit em fine. Helped that I went full ponder on a LH set MP-54s for $299CDN for fun/backup bag, but with vastly wrong heavy XS shafts, I would need lighter.

Last edited:
Got along great with the 8-AW today. I missed several times just to the right due to my alignment. I'm so used to hitting everything right to left, so I kept aiming too far right. These just want to go dead straight for me.

I hit the Titleist T100 irons today for giggles just to see how they compare to my Apex pros. They were nice, but I like the pros better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hit the Titleist T100 irons today for giggles just to see how they compare to my Apex pros. They were nice, but I like the pros better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did the same comparison a few weeks ago. Pros were faster, higher, and more consistent.

I did the same comparison a few weeks ago. Pros were faster, higher, and more consistent.
Def faster...no doubt for me as well.

I hit @shanewu Apex 9 iron today with Catalyst stiff shafts, blew it about 12 yards past the pin. Definitely longer than my my Mizuno Hot Metals.. Can't wait to try these irons at the Grandaddy fitting.

Does anyone have any comparison shots between the apex heads and other brand heads in the same category?

hit a large bucket plus a few extra yesterday working on the new swing. split time among 8i, sw and driver. i was living a little close to the heel, but the ball was flying beautifully and the feel was just stupendous. i cannot believe that the pro can possibly feel better than the short irons in the apex forged. they’re intoxicating when hit well.

hit a large bucket plus a few extra yesterday working on the new swing. split time among 8i, sw and driver. i was living a little close to the heel, but the ball was flying beautifully and the feel was just stupendous. i cannot believe that the pro can possibly feel better than the short irons in the apex forged. they’re intoxicating when hit well.
When you hit a pure shot with these, as you say it's intoxicating! You just know when you hit them good and even on off center hits the ball still goes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

On pured shots the Apex Pros make things wiggle in unmentionable places.

does it make you feel kinda funny? like when you used to climb the rope in gym class?

The Apex Pro 19s feel so damn good when struck well. I've never in my life had such accurate feedback and consistency out of a set of iron heads, and they are giving me a flight that I love.

The Apex Pro 19s feel so damn good when struck well. I've never in my life had such accurate feedback and consistency out of a set of iron heads, and they are giving me a flight that I love.
This. 1000%
A bit lower than my old irons, but so much easier to control, with the distance I am used to.

Back