Bridgestone Tour B JGR HF 2 Irons Review

JohnSinVA;n8898123 said:
Hang in there. I think once you find the right shaft pairing these will give the Mizzys a run for their money. ????

I think its because they are hard stepped. But that's my opinion as I don't claim to know sh*t from shinola

I had these in play over the holiday weekend as well. They are starting to become a weapon for me. They have a heavier head than the Ping i500s and once I've gotten used to the added weight, the results have really started to show. I think I still prefer the Ping irons in full honesty, but these are starting to win me over after I've gotten used to them.

Hang in there. I think once you find the right shaft pairing these will give the Mizzys a run for their money. ????

Since I only have one tournament left this year and its not until end of next month, I put my 919's aside and put these in the bag to give them a full chance. They are coming around but still don't have the "feel" my Mizzys have. They look sweet and they aren't a bad club by any means......so im going to keep them in the bag until I get close to tourney time next month.

They are coming around but still don't have the "feel" my Mizzys have.

In fairness, the only thing that feels like a Mizzy is another Mizzy.

In fairness, the only thing that feels like a Mizzy is another Mizzy.

With that said, im not saying these don't play nice. They play out really good and I think if anyone is in the market for forged irons they need to give these a look for sure.

Had these in play over the weekend and still continue to struggle a bit. Head to head, I prefer the feel and ball flight with my Ping irons, but these have gotten much better with more time. They are a great iron, but right now the Pings are simply more of a comfort for me.

Had these in play over the weekend and still continue to struggle a bit. Head to head, I prefer the feel and ball flight with my Ping irons, but these have gotten much better with more time. They are a great iron, but right now the Pings are simply more of a comfort for me.

Winning them outright doesn't have the same feel as snaking them, that's probably what leads to the discomfort :greenalien:?

Winning them outright doesn't have the same feel as snaking them, that's probably what leads to the discomfort :greenalien:

Maybe you’ll get lucky and have better villa mates this year. Hope they have strong backs ;)

Maybe you’ll get lucky and have better villa mates this year. Hope they have strong backs ;)

He's already been saddled with one huge liability. He may need his other two mates to help carry that dead weight. :greenalien:

He's already been saddled with one huge liability. He may need his other two mates to help carry that dead weight. :greenalien:

Damn OITW, they hard on you aren't they.... I play the JGR HF2's weekly and i love them....Great ball flight and long as $!@*t

Last edited:
Im still tinkering with them......but im not in love still. Its hard to beat my mizzys

Im still tinkering with them......but im not in love still. Its hard to beat my mizzys

The good news is that there isn't really a wrong answer to your dilemma.

The good news is that there isn't really a wrong answer to your dilemma.

I know. I have a good problem going here haha I have two realllllly nice sets of irons here and I have to pick which is better. Could be worse

With my year winding down im going to end it with my mizzys for now, but this winter I will get some time with these indoors.

Brought these out again for a 9 hole round and was surprised at the results. I had previously struggled to find any consistency with them, but after not playing for a few weeks, I stepped right up and hit these pretty well. I still lean towards the Ping i500's as I just prefer that club style after having them for all of 2019, but the HF 2 irons are no slouch either. They look great and I like having the option to use them if the Ping's decide to go awol.

I decided to revive this thread because I just got my demo 6i in yesterday of the HF2's. Still looking for my gamer set and these match the profile of the clubs that I'm looking for. Unfortunately they didn't have available the shafts that I wanted so I had to settle. Don't know how it will turn out but the shafts that they sent me, one is a Zelos 8 the other was a NS Pro 950 GH. I actually wanted to try a Recoil 95 and a XP95, but I guess it is what it is. Had a rainstorm this morning so off to the course on Monday.

Had these out on an unseasonably warm day yesterday. Balls well struck (there were a few, surprisingly) just rocketed off the face and misses (there were many) weren't punished too terribly unless it was just an awful swing on my part. These really are an excellent offering, especially for the asking price.

I decided to revive this thread because I just got my demo 6i in yesterday of the HF2's. Still looking for my gamer set and these match the profile of the clubs that I'm looking for. Unfortunately they didn't have available the shafts that I wanted so I had to settle. Don't know how it will turn out but the shafts that they sent me, one is a Zelos 8 the other was a NS Pro 950 GH. I actually wanted to try a Recoil 95 and a XP95, but I guess it is what it is. Had a rainstorm this morning so off to the course on Monday.
Had these out on an unseasonably warm day yesterday. Balls well struck (there were a few, surprisingly) just rocketed off the face and misses (there were many) weren't punished too terribly unless it was just an awful swing on my part. These really are an excellent offering, especially for the asking price.

These are solid irons, they've dropped in price also over the past year. Unfortunately we are in the midst of midwest winter here now so my only play will be simulator time. My favorite of these irons is the distinctive click I hear and feel on a flushed shot.

These are solid irons, they've dropped in price also over the past year. Unfortunately we are in the midst of midwest winter here now so my only play will be simulator time. My favorite of these irons is the distinctive click I hear and feel on a flushed shot.

I agree with both of you guys. Unfortunately the Tennessee weather is not much better, although its somewhat warmer but very wet. Will probably get them out sometime this week (back issues for now) and see how they do. Like I said the shafts are not ideal, but it probably will give me some feedback. Love the profile of these irons.

I agree with both of you guys. Unfortunately the Tennessee weather is not much better, although its somewhat warmer but very wet. Will probably get them out sometime this week (back issues for now) and see how they do. Like I said the shafts are not ideal, but it probably will give me some feedback. Love the profile of these irons.

Do you have to return the club or is it worth getting reshafted?

Do you have to return the club or is it worth getting reshafted?
I got these on their demo program. I actually wanted to compare the Recoil 95 vs the XP95 but those options were not in stock for the last several weeks so I took what was available. Which really was not a smartest choice....

Back