What Are You Listening To?

2E96A48F-2EE2-4E0B-9B6C-C1653CC7AD79.png

Nappy;n8891515 said:
Listening to the new Tool album. I'm that guy who can't wait until the release date. I haven't been a huge fan of the last couple albums, so we'll see how I feel about this one.

I preordered so I’ll wait until iTunes processes it but I know what I will be doing first thing Friday morning.

Drove the truck to work today, have a live music mix playing, this one helped get me going:

341C51FB-A3D4-4AEB-8C16-7D9DB079EC21.png I’ve been on a country kick lately

Have a Southern Rock mix playing today, always liked this one:

I've had Fear Inoculum on repeat for the last couple of weeks. Every time I listen, I'm finding new things to enjoy. Definitely not my favorite record (that goes to Anima) but it's really solid.

Finally bought the "new" (been out since February) Dream Theater album Distance Over Time, and listened to that last week. Since they're playing here in St. Louis in a couple weeks, I figured I'd better get around to listening to the whole album.

Also, been listening to a lot of Niacin in my car lately. Smokin' stuff.

Got into a discussion with @KingVeo one evening while we were at the Budget Golf Championship about blues guitarists. He's a big Stevie Ray Vaughan fan, and although I agree he was a great guitarist, there are a few that rank higher on my list, so we got to talking about who is the best ever. Personally I couldn't make that call, too many great guitarists to pick a #1 (Eric Clapton, BB King, Duane Allman, Derek Trucks, Joe Bonamassa, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, and so many more) . Here are a couple that would rank higher for me than SRV that @KingVeo wasn't too familiar with:

Got into a discussion with @KingVeo one evening while we were at the Budget Golf Championship about blues guitarists. He's a big Stevie Ray Vaughan fan, and although I agree he was a great guitarist, there are a few that rank higher on my list, so we got to talking about who is the best ever. Personally I couldn't make that call, too many great guitarists to pick a #1 (Eric Clapton, BB King, Duane Allman, Derek Trucks, Joe Bonamassa, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, and so many more) . Here are a couple that would rank higher for me than SRV that @KingVeo wasn't too familiar with:

Thanks for posting, will give a listen later!

On a Tool kick lately.

2F01D17D-9ECD-49F9-9C23-AC417AF2684A.png

Been on a Gary Allen kick lately, That and the Garth Brooks Anthology

Finally bought the "new" (been out since February) Dream Theater album Distance Over Time, and listened to that last week. Since they're playing here in St. Louis in a couple weeks, I figured I'd better get around to listening to the whole album.

I saw them back in 2005 on the first Gigantour w/ Megadeth. They were really good. I've got most of their catalog, even the debut with Charlie Domonici singing instead of Labrie. Good stuff.

oh, and getting back on topic, this gem was on the Hard Rockin' 80's internet radio stream I'm listening to.

I saw them back in 2005 on the first Gigantour w/ Megadeth. They were really good. I've got most of their catalog, even the debut with Charlie Domonici singing instead of Labrie. Good stuff.
I've seen them a couple of times. Once with Satriani and King's X on an outdoor stage, and once alone in "An Evening With ..." kind of format where they played for about three hours. They never fail to impress live. I have all of their studio albums, a couple of the live albums, and the Score DVD. That first album with Dominici is not my favorite. Charlie has done some pretty cool stuff with his own band, though. DT is in a constant struggle with Rush for my favorite band.

Into a New Wave kick today, have 1st Wave on SiriusXM all day so far.

Mercy Me
"Even If"

I've been listening to the new As I Lay Dying album that came out this morning. Probably one of my favorite albums they've made!

Shaped by Fire

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Been digging up some stuff from the college years:

Joan jet and the Blackhearts at a music festival.

She still rocks hard!

Was listening over the weekend to JS Bach Complete Organ Works as played by George Ritchie. Might leave that in the car for awhile.

Listened to these guys on the way to work this morning:

. Song on repeat, it’s so good

Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here, Dark Side of The Moon, Animals, The Wall

Michael W Smith (any of his albums)

Flim & The BB’s (any of their albums)

Golf podcasts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was always a big Ritchie Blackmore fan, loved both Deep Purple and Rainbow. Listening to Rainbow this morning:

Back