Getting Jr. Golfers Interested

SHIFTY

Orgasm Donor
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
At my home course our Jr. Golfers memberships dropped off almost in half this past year.
We've tried a few things to attract Jr. golfers to our course;
$125 memberships- 2 free buckets a day included
$30- for set of 3 lessons (group)

What are some other ideas, or things your course has done to attract Jr. golfers to your course, and to golf in general?
Thanks in advance.

At my home course our Jr. Golfers memberships dropped off almost in half this past year.
We've tried a few things to attract Jr. golfers to our course;
$125 memberships- 2 free buckets a day included
$30- for set of 3 lessons (group)

What are some other ideas, or things your course has done to attract Jr. golfers to your course, and to golf in general?
Thanks in advance.

Is this Jr as in kids, or Jr as in anyone under 35?

And is this a fully private course, or a semi-private that sells memberships?

Our club have had academy training on a Saturday morning for £20 for 5 sessions. They also play in the Golf sixes so there’s an element of competition. We also have a family day at Easter which is played better ball over 9 holes (teams of 4) but the academy players play off their tees and you mush use 2 tee shots of each of the academy players. Works really well and is great fun.

Is this Jr as in kids, or Jr as in anyone under 35?

And is this a fully private course, or a semi-private that sells memberships?
Jr. as in 18 and under. This is a public course that sells memberships.

Jr. as in 18 and under. This is a public course that sells memberships.

I gotcha. Is that $125 a monthly expense? Or for the season?

The only place that I see strong junior golfer programs around here is at many of the private clubs. The all in one entertainment spot has a lot to do with it. Play some golf and then join the rest of the family at the pool. It’s more about the family/social experience and Jr golf is just a part of it.

I gotcha. Is that $125 a monthly expense? Or for the season?
for the season, adult is $625.00 gem of a nine hole course in a bedroom community 20 minutes from city, school has 700 kids. A lot of adults drive out as it really is a hidden gem.

for the season, adult is $625.00 gem of a nine hole course in a bedroom community 20 minutes from city, school has 700 kids. A lot of adults drive out as it really is a hidden gem.

Yea the price isn't bad at all, but I think part of the issue is that it's a 9 hole course and it's out of the way. Hard to get anyone under 18 out there consistently. That's a tough one, but I certainly wish you the best with it

Yea the price isn't bad at all, but I think part of the issue is that it's a 9 hole course and it's out of the way. Hard to get anyone under 18 out there consistently. That's a tough one, but I certainly wish you the best with it
true, but we've seen a decline of 82 kid memberships to less than 40 this year. And never see any kids out there, really quite sad.

Do you run an junior specific events? Are all juniors lumped together for lessons or are they in age groups.

Do you run an junior specific events? Are all juniors lumped together for lessons or are they in age groups.
2 junior events with a championship at the end of year. For lessons they are grouped per age group.

If you are outside the city, how do the juniors get there? Bus line, driven by parents? If they are driven by parents is there something nearby that can occupy the parents while the kids play?

Back