Left dash ProV1X - anyone try or gonna try em?

I have a box that I was able to snag. I am going to put them in play out here in San Diego for the Small Batch event.

I have a box that I was able to snag. I am going to put them in play out here in San Diego for the Small Batch event.

sunday will be a good course to test them on.

People are selling them on ebay for $100...? Shame.

I am intrigued by these and will certainly give them a try at some point. Like with shafts, high launch and low spin sounds almost too good to be true.

I
Pro shop has mine. Will pick em up tomorrow and getting in two competitive rounds in the weekend for inter-club matches.

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts! Play well!

image.jpg

image.jpg

d80ec5e4a6fe585773e8e052f09af3e0.jpg

06ee7fb0ed6037321ca7de9730715934.jpg

Couple pics from yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d80ec5e4a6fe585773e8e052f09af3e0.jpg

06ee7fb0ed6037321ca7de9730715934.jpg

Couple pics from yesterday.

I have an idea.......for those interested in trying this ball.

THP has been really awesome to me and I'd like to give back (I know this isn't much).

Gonna do a little contest here for a few sleeves of these puppies. Assuming there is interest of course.

I have a few public course inter-club matches this weekend and I plan to try out these balls.

My thoughts on a little fun contest are as follows:
1. If you are interested in trying these and wouldn't mind commenting in this thread with your feedback, then feel free to read on further here.
If you already have these balls or tried them on course etc., please let others interested take advantage of my offer here.

2. I will ship out a few sleeves of these to any folks who get closest to the following information. I would hope to ship (at no charge to you) some sleeves out early next week.
NOTE: Domestic US folks only please, just trying to keep shipping costs reasonable.

3. Tomorrow I have a singles match on my home course and on Sunday I have a best ball match with my partner at another course. I don't know who we are playing against. It does involve handicaps, so I might be playing a high capper, I don't know. I will keep track of my score the best I can (of course match play, I may be given putts).

The questions are:
A. What score will I shoot each day?
B. Will I win my matches? Which matches will I win or lose?
C. Last question, will our Men's club win the event, lose or tie?

Thank you for considering this. Happy Friday!

So as I look at the back of the box, I can't help to think that -ProV1X looks a marriage of ProV1X and AVX.
Firmness from the 1X and balance from AVX.
Or is this maybe just a firmer AVX re-labeled as part of the ProV family?

So as I look at the back of the box, I can't help to think that -ProV1X looks a marriage of ProV1X and AVX.
Firmness from the 1X and balance from AVX.
Or is this maybe just a firmer AVX re-labeled as part of the ProV family?

I really think this is what the ball is. I played it today during my round at Aviara in San Diego, the golf part of the Small Batch event with True Sports (Project X). It definitely spins more for the short game than the AVX, flights higher and feels firmer. However, but it clearly spins less than Pro V1X. I likely would make this my permanent ball, but it sounds uncertain as to whether it will be around long term.

I really think this is what the ball is. I played it today during my round at Aviara in San Diego, the golf part of the Small Batch event with True Sports (Project X). It definitely spins more for the short game than the AVX, flights higher and feels firmer. However, but it clearly spins less than Pro V1X. I likely would make this my permanent ball, but it sounds uncertain as to whether it will be around long term.

How do you think it will react on fast greens? X>11 on stimp

How do you think it will react on fast greens? X>11 on stimp

I think it will react like an AVX with a little more spin. I suppose I will know more after the weekend. I hear that San Diego CC’s greens are fast.

Since I am outside US I will bow out of contest but great gesture. As for your matches I will say you will go 3 for 3 and win your singles with a stout 74. Have fun and best of luck!

THP has been really awesome to me and I'd like to give back (I know this isn't much).

Gonna do a little contest here for a few sleeves of these puppies. Assuming there is interest of course.

I have a few public course inter-club matches this weekend and I plan to try out these balls.

1. If you are interested in trying these and wouldn't mind commenting in this thread with your feedback, then feel free to read on further here.
If you already have these balls or tried them on course etc., please let others interested take advantage of my offer here.

2. I will ship out a few sleeves of these to any folks who get closest to the following information. I would hope to ship (at no charge to you) some sleeves out early next week.
NOTE: Domestic US folks only please, just trying to keep shipping costs reasonable.

3. Tomorrow I have a singles match on my home course and on Sunday I have a best ball match with my partner at another course. I don't know who we are playing against. It does involve handicaps, so I might be playing a high capper, I don't know. I will keep track of my score the best I can (of course match play, I may be given putts).

The questions are:

That is a very genuine gesture.

Hey guys, just wanted to chime in here quickly after my round. This ball definitely feels firmer than either the ProV1 or ProV1x. I noticed it today mostly while putting. I actually putted rather well today, so it appears to be a nice match in that regard. Off the driver, I didn't really notice much but it seems to launch fairly low for me with low spin. Having said that, I struggled with my driving a bit today.
As for the irons, this ball felt great! It seems to want to go quite straight for me, which I certainly enjoyed today.
Very nice golf ball and will have more tomorrow!
Cheers!
D

Play well my friend

A. 71 - 68
B. you will win both
C. Team win

Today confirmed that I either need to play the left dash or stay away from it. I grabbed one out of my bag and it wouldn’t move off the tee. That would’ve been fine but I was expecting it to move one way or the other.

Played this ball for a full 18 at Torrey Pines today. To me, it is just what it is advertised to be, a ball that spins more than AVX, but less than Pro V1 or V1X. It flights higher than Pro V1, imo. It feels firm off the putter, but I was having a lot of success with my lag putts with it today.

I like the ball a great deal. It may be the best ball I have ever used for my game.

The questions are:

I'd give these a go (especially if the reports are correct that they keep their line).
A. I'm going to go 75/73
B. No. Saturday's match is yours. Sunday the pops are going to kill you.
C. Your Men's club will win your event.

Definitely want to try these. I want something that feels firm, but has a little less spin around on approaches.

Going to be an ordeal I bet to get ahold of a box or 2.

Hey @Scrap22 @GC70 @robrandalgz and @M2Giles .... please Pm me your address to ship out a sleeve of these balls to. Happy to send them to you to try out if you like.

Here are the results:
Saturday I won my match 6 and 5. Shot about a 74.
Today: We lost our best ball match on the 18th. Guy dropped a 35 foot, 10 foot breaking, insane putt on us. We came back from 4 down too...Fun match. I struggled a little and shot about a 77.
Team results: Our Men’s club got smoked.

Thanks guys! Send me your info and I’ll send you each a sleeve. Cheers!!!

Back