Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 4.5
I am sure that there are more football fans than NBA fans here, but fall camps have opened for the NBA teams. I am a huge NBA fan and have been cheering for my Utah Jazz since the team came to Utah from New Orleans in the late 1970’s.

With that in mind, here is my ranking, 1 - 10 of the best teams in the NBA to start the new season:

1. L.A. Clippers
2. Milwaukee Bucks
3. Houston Rockets
4. Utah Jazz
5. L.A. Lakers
6. Philadelphia 76ers
7. Denver Nuggetts
8. Boston Celtics
9. Toronto Raptors
10. Golden State Warriors.

What is your ranking?

Cavs won tonight! Lol #ClevelandFan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone that follows the Sixers will love this. Simmons making a three set to Titanic

I’m looking forward to this season. Also looking forward to following this China thing. You can’t sensor one player for thoughts, but allow another like Lebron to use social media as a political microphone.

I'm curious as to which pocket the NBA takes its hand out of first.

I'm curious as to which pocket the NBA takes its hand out of first.

I’m all set with the NBA after the whole Hong Kong thing, such ********.

Steve Kerr and Gregg Popovich have done a bang-up job this week.

A-freaking men....

LBJ: “we aren’t politicians”

what an absolute idiot sometimes

Agree with the sentiments... we are socially conscious players until our astronomical incomes are at all threatened. Then, people should shut up.

The Mavs get off to a nice start as they usher in the new era. 1-0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m really looking forward to watching the HEAT this year. Finally the team looks like it will give maximum effort every game, which has not been the case the last two years with some of their players.

I am sure that there are more football fans than NBA fans here, but fall camps have opened for the NBA teams. I am a huge NBA fan and have been cheering for my Utah Jazz since the team came to Utah from New Orleans in the late 1970’s.

With that in mind, here is my ranking, 1 - 10 of the best teams in the NBA to start the new season:

1. L.A. Clippers
2. Milwaukee Bucks
3. Houston Rockets
4. Utah Jazz
5. L.A. Lakers
6. Philadelphia 76ers
7. Denver Nuggetts
8. Boston Celtics
9. Toronto Raptors
10. Golden State Warriors.

What is your ranking?

I think Philadelphia should be the best in the East but there are 5 or more teams in the West who are likely better:

Clippers
Nuggets
Blazers
Jazz
Rockets

Not going to include the Lakers because LeBron and Davis don’t have enough help and have injury concerns. Can’t include the Warriors without Durant, Thompson, Iguodala and Livingston.

I think Philadelphia should be the best in the East but there are 5 or more teams in the West who are likely better:

Clippers
Nuggets
Blazers
Jazz
Rockets

Not going to include the Lakers because LeBron and Davis don’t have enough help and have injury concerns. Can’t include the Warriors without Durant, Thompson, Iguodala and Livingston.

Sixers are going to have a really strong defense, but eventually they have to find a shooter. Only the Bucs should stand in their way to winning the East.

The West has so many teams that I can see many of the teams only winning upper 40’s low 50’s and possibly be seeded top three for the playoffs. The West should be a great playoff to watch. I also will not count out the Warriors once the playoffs start.

This should be a good season. A new team at the top in the West. The Bucks making the finals and the Nets making a run.

Sixers are going to have a really strong defense, but eventually they have to find a shooter. Only the Bucs should stand in their way to winning the East.

The West has so many teams that I can see many of the teams only winning upper 40’s low 50’s and possibly be seeded top three for the playoffs. The West should be a great playoff to watch. I also will not count out the Warriors once the playoffs start.

If Clay Thompson were able to play at a high level, I, too, would not count out the Warriors. However, he likely is out for the season, as per Steve Kerr, and most NBA players miss a year for an ACL tear. Without Thompson, I don’t think the Warriors have enough to do much. They not only lost two all stars, but much of their former depth. They are going to need D’Angelo Russell to perform efficiently. It will be interesting.

@Tenputt How about our Jazz last night! Mitchell looked amazing! Once Conley and Bogdanovic mesh with the rest of the team it is going to get really fun to watch. Thinking Gobert three-peats for DPOY......but probably still won't make the All-Star team due to politics and small market Utah.

If Clay Thompson were able to play at a high level, I, too, would not count out the Warriors. However, he likely is out for the season, as per Steve Kerr, and most NBA players miss a year for an ACL tear. Without Thompson, I don’t think the Warriors have enough to do much. They not only lost two all stars, but much of their former depth. They are going to need D’Angelo Russell to perform efficiently. It will be interesting.

The Warriors will remain relevant but I think they will really miss Livingston and Iguodala. They won't have Thompson and their bench is a big question mark.

@Tenputt How about our Jazz last night! Mitchell looked amazing! Once Conley and Bogdanovic mesh with the rest of the team it is going to get really fun to watch. Thinking Gobert three-peats for DPOY......but probably still won't make the All-Star team due to politics and small market Utah.

Donovan did look great. Both Conley and Bogdanovic seem to be struggling to blend in, although Bogdanovic showed his mettle coming back to play after twisting his ankle. Of everything that came out of the first game, I was most pleasantly surprised with Mudiay. If he can perform like that on a regular basis, it changes a lot for the Jazz. Also, if the Jazz are a top 4 seed in the first half of the year, somebody has to make the All Star team. It would have to be either Gobert or Donovan. It’s going to be fun to watch. Following the Jazz is one of my most passionate recreational activities.

I'm sure I'm in a minority that watched the entire (or any of) Suns game last night.....Wow it's so refreshing to have a team that competes again! I moved to the Valley in the prime of Nash/Stoudemire days and was spoiled by a lot of playoff basketball. I know it was just one game, but the cultural shift that Monty Williams has instilled was so obvious. A true *team* win last night fueled by defense and sharing the basketball.

Really fun team to watch. The West is stacked, so I doubt a playoff run is possible, but if they can compete like that night in and night out, they have a real shot a 35 wins. Which is a HUGe improvement and points to a bright future.

Donovan did look great. Both Conley and Bogdanovic seem to be struggling to blend in, although Bogdanovic showed his mettle coming back to play after twisting his ankle. Of everything that came out of the first game, I was most pleasantly surprised with Mudiay. If he can perform like that on a regular basis, it changes a lot for the Jazz. Also, if the Jazz are a top 4 seed in the first half of the year, somebody has to make the All Star team. It would have to be either Gobert or Donovan. It’s going to be fun to watch. Following the Jazz is one of my most passionate recreational activities.
Really like where this team is headed! I'm also a big fan of Snyder and what he is doing for this team and the players. I'm really happy he got the long term extension this week as well. He seems to love the team and his players which is great to see. I think he finds the best in players and helps them in the best way possible. You can see that he just brings out the best in players which is awesome and he has that Jerry Slone fire.

I think the Clippers are going to be tough to hang with but I think in a seven game series and once the team really starts to mesh, they could give the Clips a run for their money. I do believe that Golden State will probably be irrelevant this year.

I saw the highlights from the Clips game and I knew they'd be good, I knew that Kawhi would be stellar but man, their bench was solid on BOTH ends of the floor. I think the 2nd place team will be far behind them once PG is integrated.

I think the Russ experiment goes sour in Houston.
I think Darko and Porzi are going to be a lot of fun in Dallas.
I think Zion's knee is going to let him down again.

I saw the highlights from the Clips game and I knew they'd be good, I knew that Kawhi would be stellar but man, their bench was solid on BOTH ends of the floor. I think the 2nd place team will be far behind them once PG is integrated.

The list of players in the NBA who weigh over 270 lbs and remain healthy is quite short. Too much stress on the joints results from that kind of weight. Shaq was an exception.

Patrick Beverly and Lou Williams are two players who can help the Clippers. Beverly is a A plus defender and he doesn't have to score a point to make the team on the floor better. Williams gives them a scoring option other than Kwahi or PG who can easily put up 20 or more on any night.

Russ and Harden can't possibly share the ball. If Harden has it. he's not going to give it to Russ. And if Russ gets a defensive rebound, he is not going to look for Harden.

Back