Is GameGolf dead?

manhattan01

Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 9.8
Still an avid user of GG (live). Their PRO model was a disaster. But I tried to log in to my account tonight and I see this:

{"status":500,"error":"CDbConnection failed to open the DB connection.","success":false}

I mean, the way things have been going for them, it's not a matter of why I'm seeing this as it's been a matter of when. Always wondered when their doors would shutter. Hopefully this isn't it and if they do close down, they provide a way to get some stats out of it. Anyone able to log in?

Same thing here. Looks like their server crashed and needs to be reset. Try it again in a day or so.

They are still selling them on Amazon....

I doubt they are going away but I feel like it might be in their best intrest to partner with a club maker like Arccos did with Cobra.
It give them a built in base to start with.

I doubt they are going away but I feel like it might be in their best intrest to partner with a club maker like Arccos did with Cobra.
It give them a built in base to start with.
I think it’s far too late for that.

Too me it is, I use Grint much more intuitive and tells you the smart play on the holes which I need :LOL:

And just like that, they're back up. Whew.

That said, maybe I'll look at this Grint thing.

I can say their CS sucks— sent an email last Sunday night as my live device has started to periodically shut off during rounds. Full charge, just randomly cuts itself off.

Got a response yesterday after sending a follow up email, that I should factory reset the device. Back out today and again same thing three different times.

Now time to look at Arcoss I guess....

I've been using since 2016 and notice more and more issues with their site as the days go by.

I don't have as many problems with my Classic unit but with the Live unit it while on the course, it will sort of get caught in a glitch tying to sync up and it takes forever to resume. It simply says to continue tagging and playing. Often I will have to leave their app and receiver unit on for a good 10-20 minutes after I finalize the round for it to synch up.

Also on the course with the Live unit it will sometimes put all my shots for 2 holes onto one hole as if it can't distinguish one hole from the next.
I don't mind editing a shot or two post round but trying to delete shots and place them back on the correct hole can be a bit tedious.

I hope they continue on because I have used Arccos and I am not a fan of the larger sensors that require batteries.

Interesting. Never had problems with the unit but then again, I never use the app. When I was testing the new Pro version and had to use the app, it never worked.

I think I'd they go under, I might just go back to regular, non tracked golf. Maybe I'll just wear the dead unit out of habit

Well here's some news for you.

5.5 months and still no working GameGolf unit in my possession.
I've even chatted with the CEO who after more let downs from his team personally promised to mail me a unit about 3 weeks ago but naturally I've received nothing.

All told I think I have about 65-70 emails regarding this issue 20 or so include the CEO and I have about 8 or 9 "promises" that one was being sent but this far no luck.

Officially the worst customer service in the golf business (which is confirmed after reading the better business bureau report on them).

I've even chatted with the CEO who after more let downs from his team personally promised to mail me a unit about 3 weeks ago but naturally I've received nothing.

All told I think I have about 65-70 emails regarding this issue 20 or so include the CEO and I have about 8 or 9 "promises" that one was being sent but this far no luck.

Officially the worst customer service in the golf business (which is confirmed after reading the better business bureau report on them).
Which is a shame, when I did a thing with them a few years ago they came across as really wanting to make the system work and be accessible as possible for golfers in terms of price, options, and functionality. Sad to see them unable to just get the product into peoples hands. They didn't do a particularly good job updating course maps or integrating the app with Android systems, which should have been an indication that they were slipping.

Sounds like it's time to make the move the Arccos/Cobra Connect

The Transfer program won't let me log in tonight. First time that has happened to me. :confused2:

The web site is down, too.

Last edited:
I was able to upload yesterday's round this morning. After signing it, I noticed one thing that needed to change, made the edit, then tried to re-sign. There was an error, and the entire round was wiped out. And, it's not on my device anymore. First time for everything.

I guess I'll try to rebuild it all from memory.

Is there any migration program of round data from game golf to arcoss or other programs?

Is there any migration program of round data from game golf to arcoss or other programs?

Not to my knowledge. I'd love to just get the raw data; I'd write my own code, if I had to.

This clown show is over. I lost another round when trying to upload it from my device to the web site with their Transfer program.

I have had Game Golf Live for 13 months. 66 rounds on it. I have loved it and the data it provides.

But I have been unable to upload rounds for the past 4 days.... and now, when I try to edit an old round, Game Golf deletes the entire round!

I have sent multiple emails to support, with no response. In discussions with other Game Golf users, I have discovered that this is a system-wide problem that is affecting everybody.

And still.. Game Golf support doesn't respond to any emails.

I've had it. Just went on Amazon and purchased Arccos 360. Is Game Golf going out of business?

This is ridiculous.

I am going to assume, based on all I've read above, that Game Golf is going under.

Probably won't be able to even sell the device now.

Hmm...I just tried to edit an old round and it seemed to work. Confidence isn't running high but I'll try again this weekend to see if I can get a round to upload. Finger crossed.

Let's see since October 1st.
CEO promises to look into it the morning of 10/2.
I didn't hear anything back sent 2 more emails finally one replied to on 10/7 by someone in marketing to let me know it should have shipped on 10/4. Was told they would confirm and follow up. Nothing since and I've sent 2 more emails.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I was able to upload yesterday's round this morning. After signing it, I noticed one thing that needed to change, made the edit, then tried to re-sign. There was an error, and the entire round was wiped out. And, it's not on my device anymore. First time for everything.

I got a reply this morning to a msg I sent on Tuesday morning about this one.

It said they had a server issue that has now been fixed, and that upload should be working normally again.

I'll give it another shot this weekend.

It said they had a server issue that has now been fixed, and that upload should be working normally again.

Glad to hear they communicated with you.

I'm glad they finally fixed it, but I've had enough.

Just purchased Arccos on Amazon. I'm going to try to package up the Game Golf Live and sell it on ebay.

Game Golf's customer service has been horrendous.

Back