Left dash ProV1X - anyone try or gonna try em?

Thanks buddy. I think you have my address, but I PM you anyway.

That’s a heartbreaker on 18. I cannot wait to try these out and read more reviews on these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I tried this ball out yesterday for 9 holes. Not ready to make an opinion on the ball but thanks to @Tenputt, I’ll be able to get more of an impression next time out.

For me, the ball played longer off the tee than my current gamer, Callaway CSX w/ TT. Probably the lower spin but carry was a little longer than normal.
Off the irons I saw more roll out than I normally see but nothing that would deter me from playing the ball full time if I was looking for a new gamer.

For me, here’s where it got interesting: off wedges and greenside I was seeing a lot of check. More so than I thought and it even surprised SlimJim32 and Tenputt. The pm grind and jaws were making the ball dance without any problems. On the last hole, out of a bunker the ball even checked like hitting Velcro.

So I tried this ball out yesterday for 9 holes. Not ready to make an opinion on the ball but thanks to @Tenputt, I’ll be able to get more of an impression next time out.

For me, the ball played longer off the tee than my current gamer, Callaway CSX w/ TT. Probably the lower spin but carry was a little longer than normal.
Off the irons I saw more roll out than I normally see but nothing that would deter me from playing the ball full time if I was looking for a new gamer.

For me, here’s where it got interesting: off wedges and greenside I was seeing a lot of check. More so than I thought and it even surprised SlimJim32 and Tenputt. The pm grind and jaws were making the ball dance without any problems. On the last hole, out of a bunker the ball even checked like hitting Velcro.

True story. You hit some amazing shots around the greens and out of greenside sand with this ball. Oodles of spin for you. Anybody watching could only conclude that the ball should not detract from short game performance.

Different sound off milled putter face as well.

Thanks for the great opportunity to try these out Darrin! :drinks:

So, I got these in the mail today and headed to the course before the rain. The first thing I noticed was the color and tackiness (grippy) or should I say lack of. Do you know what I mean when you rub two golf balls together they like grip each other. These do not. The white was different than the other balls in the test almost cheap looking. (n)

I tested the left Dash against the Pro V1, Pro V1x, and the AVX.:popcorn: The weather was 61* and really windy. My home course is a link style, started drizzling on #8 and lasted the rest of the round. I hit all 4 balls on every shot. I took the longest drive and played all 4 from there. I putted all four on every green and chipped from at least 2 different spots at every green.
My gamer for years have been the Pro V1x. The last 5 rounds I switched to the V1 and my last 5 rounds were in the 70's.

Driver:

V1 - Longest
AVX - Straightest
- V1x - Really loud off the driver. it might not have enough spin for me to keep it in the air. All the tee shots I thought I just creamed it and it was never the longest on any hole I used driver.
V1x - It was the shortest of the bunch and missed the most fairways to the left.

Irons and Hybrid:

All the balls performed really well. The V1x missed my target the most. All balls that hit the green never really ran out more than 5 feet. Again the -V1x was loud.

Chipping:

The V1x checked the most and the -V1x released the most, but nothing major.

Putting:

I had no problems putting with any of the 4 balls.

The -V1x is a great ball in it's own, but its not for me. It's to loud and hard feeling off the driver. It just doesn't work for me off the driver. I need all the distance I can get off the tee box. I can not afford to give up 10 to 20 yards.

So for now I'll be sticking with the V1.

Last edited:
Hey @Scrap22 @GC70 @robrandalgz and @M2Giles .... please Pm me your address to ship out a sleeve of these balls to. Happy to send them to you to try out if you like.

Here are the results:
Saturday I won my match 6 and 5. Shot about a 74.
Today: We lost our best ball match on the 18th. Guy dropped a 35 foot, 10 foot breaking, insane putt on us. We came back from 4 down too...Fun match. I struggled a little and shot about a 77.
Team results: Our Men’s club got smoked.

Thanks guys! Send me your info and I’ll send you each a sleeve. Cheers!!!
Balls got here today! Putting them in play this weekend. Thanks again @DNice26
I'll post my thoughts this weekend!

Got these out to play today (thanks again DNice26). I saw a lot of what has been reported here already. I typically play a bit of a push draw with the driver. I've struggled with that club lately but by comparison, today was a reasonably decent day off the tee with the big stick (only one hole with an OB shot, actually two OB but both on the same hole FML).

Before the round I spent more than my usual time warming up. I haven't been able to play much the past couple of months and my swing was a wreck when I went out last weekend. I knew I would pay for it on the back nine because I was certain I would be worn out by 13 or 14 but I was more concerned with re-connecting with my groove than I was with seeing what I had for the day and playing with it. I ended up practicing for about two hours before my round (and another hour and a half after). While, I had moderate success with the driver at the range, I was dead nuts with my wedges. I grooved my 50 and 100 yard shots with my 54 degree wedge with consistency that I haven't had in quite a while. This is significant to a part of my review.

The ball felt decent off the driver. I didn't notice it to be particularly hard or soft. As I said before, I play a push draw with the driver. This thing pushed but no draw, for me. At first I chalked it up to a "meh" swing and I hit another ball (TPX5) off the tee. The swing (although no two are identical) was similar and I definitely got the TaylorMade to draw back whereas the -Prov1X just kind of stayed out there. It was still playable in the left rough. The 10th is a 309 par 4. The distance would suggest that a long hitter might be able to go for it but it doglegs right about 60 yards right around 250 out and tall pines guard from taking off the corner. I teed up the -Prov1X and aimed just up the right side. I pushed it a bit (again hoping to turn it over) and it stayed dead nuts on the line and ended up at exactly 50 yards from the hole. I pulled my approach about 3 yards right (I'm a lefty) and two putt for par. I'm NOT a fan of how this ball feels off the putter. The TPX5 seemed to be "absorbed" by the Stroke Lab and roll down the line. The -Prov1X seemed to "clack" off the flatstick, to me. Honestly, from the first hole I noticed it and knew that it would have to be phenomenal in other aspects of the game to have any chance to boot my Srixons (none of which I played today) out of the bag. It wasn't Top Flite X2000 bad but there was nothing pleasing about the sound or feel off the putter for this guy.

The course I played today is a nice little executive course. 2 par 5s, 4 par 4s and the rest are par 3s varying from about 120 to 215 yards. The 2nd is a par 3 that played to 123 today. I played two balls (as I did on a lot of holes today until the groups became jammed up). The first was an Oncore Elixir (it was ball testing day) I hit my intended line and drew the ball back a touch more than I wanted with the 50 degree. With the -ProV1x I actually aimed to the middle of the green with a left side pin. It flew right down my intended line, hit the green and spun back about 2 feet. I was pleasantly surprised as I know that this is a lower spin ball. It had roughly the same trajectory as the Elixir . It had pretty much the same trajectory as pretty much all the balls I played it against today, so I didn't notice it being particularly "higher launch" than anything else. To be fair, I launch the ball high with all my irons, so I might not be the best to judge this aspect. One thing I did notice on that shot though was that I "took the skin" off of it on that shot. We've all seen a Prov1 slightly scuffed showing the yellow underbelly. I got that on ONE SHOT directly out of the box with a 50 degree wedge. It was a bit disappointing. To be fair, I hit several wedge shots with the other two of the sleeve and didn't see the same problem so it may have been a "one off" kind of thing but it was disappointing to see on the first shot of the day with that ball (I didn't tee one up on #1 because I was afraid I'd lose it on the tight opening hole).

The 9th is a Par 5. I pulled my first drive down the right hand side into the rough (second drive was my intended push draw right down the middle). With 233 remaining out of the rough I had a near impossible chance to make the green so I decided to try and play to the yardage I was nailing (100 yards). I took my 9 iron out hoping to get close to my PW yardage out of the rough. It was played almost perfectly. I ended up 98.5 yards from the pin. I hit a TPX5 first and it dropped at almost exactly 100 yards and spin back to within two feet left of the hole. Next was the -ProV1x. I felt like I hit the exact same shot (I know that's not possible but it felt almost exactly the same). The -ProV1x flew past the hole by a good 5 yards. I still can't figure it out, to be honest. I'm a high hcp and won't pretend that It wasn't me but I was straight rotary dialed with that 54 degree wedge today. Even when it left the club I was thinking "That's in the ******* hole" as it was dead online to the pin and the TPX5 was pushed about a yard. I was shocked that it flew that far past the hole. Probably not the fault of the ball but I fould it odd.

After my round I went to the chipping and putting greens. The -ProV1x did seem to roll out a bit more than the Elixir and the TPX5 but it was predictable enough to be able to adjust if I were to make it my gamer. After the chipping green I went to the putting green to see if I could get used to the -ProV1x. To be honest I could get used to it if I had to but comparing it side by side with other balls just made it the least pleasant of the bunch.

Overall, the performed OK for me but there was nothing particularly outstanding. Certainly nothing that would make me look past the feel and sound off the flatstick. To be fair, it wasn't vomit inducing but, from the first stroke of the putter I had a "I don't think this one will be for me" feeling.

Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks for reading.(y)

Got these out to play today (thanks again DNice26). I saw a lot of what has been reported here already. I typically play a bit of a push draw with the driver. I've struggled with that club lately but by comparison, today was a reasonably decent day off the tee with the big stick (only one hole with an OB shot, actually two OB but both on the same hole FML).

Before the round I spent more than my usual time warming up. I haven't been able to play much the past couple of months and my swing was a wreck when I went out last weekend. I knew I would pay for it on the back nine because I was certain I would be worn out by 13 or 14 but I was more concerned with re-connecting with my groove than I was with seeing what I had for the day and playing with it. I ended up practicing for about two hours before my round (and another hour and a half after). While, I had moderate success with the driver at the range, I was dead nuts with my wedges. I grooved my 50 and 100 yard shots with my 54 degree wedge with consistency that I haven't had in quite a while. This is significant to a part of my review.

The ball felt decent off the driver. I didn't notice it to be particularly hard or soft. As I said before, I play a push draw with the driver. This thing pushed but no draw, for me. At first I chalked it up to a "meh" swing and I hit another ball (TPX5) off the tee. The swing (although no two are identical) was similar and I definitely got the TaylorMade to draw back whereas the -Prov1X just kind of stayed out there. It was still playable in the left rough. The 10th is a 309 par 4. The distance would suggest that a long hitter might be able to go for it but it doglegs right about 60 yards right around 250 out and tall pines guard from taking off the corner. I teed up the -Prov1X and aimed just up the right side. I pushed it a bit (again hoping to turn it over) and it stayed dead nuts on the line and ended up at exactly 50 yards from the hole. I pulled my approach about 3 yards right (I'm a lefty) and two putt for par. I'm NOT a fan of how this ball feels off the putter. The TPX5 seemed to be "absorbed" by the Stroke Lab and roll down the line. The -Prov1X seemed to "clack" off the flatstick, to me. Honestly, from the first hole I noticed it and knew that it would have to be phenomenal in other aspects of the game to have any chance to boot my Srixons (none of which I played today) out of the bag. It wasn't Top Flite X2000 bad but there was nothing pleasing about the sound or feel off the putter for this guy.

The course I played today is a nice little executive course. 2 par 5s, 4 par 4s and the rest are par 3s varying from about 120 to 215 yards. The 2nd is a par 3 that played to 123 today. I played two balls (as I did on a lot of holes today until the groups became jammed up). The first was an Oncore Elixir (it was ball testing day) I hit my intended line and drew the ball back a touch more than I wanted with the 50 degree. With the -ProV1x I actually aimed to the middle of the green with a left side pin. It flew right down my intended line, hit the green and spun back about 2 feet. I was pleasantly surprised as I know that this is a lower spin ball. It had roughly the same trajectory as the Elixir . It had pretty much the same trajectory as pretty much all the balls I played it against today, so I didn't notice it being particularly "higher launch" than anything else. To be fair, I launch the ball high with all my irons, so I might not be the best to judge this aspect. One thing I did notice on that shot though was that I "took the skin" off of it on that shot. We've all seen a Prov1 slightly scuffed showing the yellow underbelly. I got that on ONE SHOT directly out of the box with a 50 degree wedge. It was a bit disappointing. To be fair, I hit several wedge shots with the other two of the sleeve and didn't see the same problem so it may have been a "one off" kind of thing but it was disappointing to see on the first shot of the day with that ball (I didn't tee one up on #1 because I was afraid I'd lose it on the tight opening hole).

The 9th is a Par 5. I pulled my first drive down the right hand side into the rough (second drive was my intended push draw right down the middle). With 233 remaining out of the rough I had a near impossible chance to make the green so I decided to try and play to the yardage I was nailing (100 yards). I took my 9 iron out hoping to get close to my PW yardage out of the rough. It was played almost perfectly. I ended up 98.5 yards from the pin. I hit a TPX5 first and it dropped at almost exactly 100 yards and spin back to within two feet left of the hole. Next was the -ProV1x. I felt like I hit the exact same shot (I know that's not possible but it felt almost exactly the same). The -ProV1x flew past the hole by a good 5 yards. I still can't figure it out, to be honest. I'm a high hcp and won't pretend that It wasn't me but I was straight rotary dialed with that 54 degree wedge today. Even when it left the club I was thinking "That's in the ******* hole" as it was dead online to the pin and the TPX5 was pushed about a yard. I was shocked that it flew that far past the hole. Probably not the fault of the ball but I fould it odd.

After my round I went to the chipping and putting greens. The -ProV1x did seem to roll out a bit more than the Elixir and the TPX5 but it was predictable enough to be able to adjust if I were to make it my gamer. After the chipping green I went to the putting green to see if I could get used to the -ProV1x. To be honest I could get used to it if I had to but comparing it side by side with other balls just made it the least pleasant of the bunch.

Overall, the performed OK for me but there was nothing particularly outstanding. Certainly nothing that would make me look past the feel and sound off the flatstick. To be fair, it wasn't vomit inducing but, from the first stroke of the putter I had a "I don't think this one will be for me" feeling.

Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks for reading.(y)
Great write up! Yeah, this ball doesn’t seem to be wowing everyone. I think if you like a form ball and something with lower spin, it’s probably worth a look. I’m not sure it is a great fit for me, only because I tend to need the spin. I need to test it out some more though.

This ball is pretty dam awesome. Having been fit into the regular Pro V1 earlier this year and given the option between that or AVX, this ball really intrigued me when news came out about it. Thanks to @Tenputt for giving me one to try out when he joined @Alez367 and I after the Project X event, and enlightening me on its playability.

This ball fits me really well. I’ve used it for the last week from practice to a few rounds, and while they say it is a low spin ball it still produces enough stopping power for me. It will be fun to continue playing this ball.

The less spin off the driver is interesting to me, but the less spin off the wedges is probably right up my alley. I spun 6 approach shots today from tap in birdie range before spin, to 20+' putts after spin. One hit the green 6" in front of the cup and spun back to 25'. Dangit! lol

Off the driver though, is it really that much lower spinning? I'd be interested to see the actual difference in spin between this and the normal V1X.

The less spin off the driver is interesting to me, but the less spin off the wedges is probably right up my alley. I spun 6 approach shots today from tap in birdie range before spin, to 20+' putts after spin. One hit the green 6" in front of the cup and spun back to 25'. Dangit! lol

Off the driver though, is it really that much lower spinning? I'd be interested to see the actual difference in spin between this and the normal V1X.

It’s definitely lower spinning, even off driver, than Pro V1X. I am not saying magnitudes, but it does spin less. It also feels noticeably more firm, if that bothers anyone.

Dude, eww. That spin would drive me crazy!
As for the difference off the driver, I too would be interested to see actual number differences between them. Not just the V1X but the difference between all the “high tier” Titleist balls. I wonder if Mark Crossfield has done a video on these yet...off to YouTube

It also feels noticeably more firm, if that bothers anyone.

It is absolutely firm feeling. But the regular Pro V1X felt just as firm to me from what I remember. Nothing bothersome to me, but I could see that not being a good feel for some.

Dude, eww. That spin would drive me crazy!
As for the difference off the driver, I too would be interested to see actual number differences between them. Not just the V1X but the difference between all the “high tier” Titleist balls. I wonder if Mark Crossfield has done a video on these yet...off to YouTube

It is absolutely firm feeling. But the regular Pro V1X felt just as firm to me from what I remember. Nothing bothersome to me, but I could see that not being a good feel for some.
I looked on the tube. I kind of figured Crossfield or TXG would have done something already. Didn't see anything.

I have a box that I was able to snag. I am going to put them in play out here in San Diego for the Small Batch event.
I really think this is what the ball is. I played it today during my round at Aviara in San Diego, the golf part of the Small Batch event with True Sports (Project X). It definitely spins more for the short game than the AVX, flights higher and feels firmer. However, but it clearly spins less than Pro V1X. I likely would make this my permanent ball, but it sounds uncertain as to whether it will be around long term.
Played this ball for a full 18 at Torrey Pines today. To me, it is just what it is advertised to be, a ball that spins more than AVX, but less than Pro V1 or V1X. It flights higher than Pro V1, imo. It feels firm off the putter, but I was having a lot of success with my lag putts with it today.

I like the ball a great deal. It may be the best ball I have ever used for my game.

Thanks for the feedback guys, this ball definitely has my attention.

These balls fascinate me. Firmer than X without the added spin!?

Right up your alley

Right up your alley
In a lot of ways I think you're right, but I am not sure I'd want to give up the amazing compression profile of the RX.

It's too good, and comes off the putter beautifully.

In a lot of ways I think you're right, but I am not sure I'd want to give up the amazing compression profile of the RX.

This . Compared to my gamer CSX, the left dash is audibly “clicky” and harsh

As a better player, I think there are more nuances in a golf ball you are attuned to ie putter and compression profile

Out of the box and the feedback here I think tee to green it suites you

As a better player, I think there are more nuances in a golf ball you are attuned to ie putter and compression profile

Out of the box and the feedback here I think tee to green it suites you
I feel like as a high spin player I kind of cheat the norm with what I can get away with, especially at my speeds (97mph 6 iron, 115 driver).

Distance loss due to compression flat out does not concern me. It's the last thing i worry about, and anyone claiming I'm losing big numbers on irons is smoking the electric lettuce because my irons have never gone farther (further?).

I feel like as a high spin player I kind of cheat the norm with what I can get away with, especially at my speeds (97mph 6 iron, 115 driver).

Distance loss due to compression flat out does not concern me. It's the last thing i worry about, and anyone claiming I'm losing big numbers on irons is smoking the electric lettuce because my irons have never gone farther (further?).

referencing your earlier post - how important is ball feeling/sound in the relation to the other factors that you mentioned?

referencing your earlier post - how important is ball feeling/sound in the relation to the other factors that you mentioned?
B330 was pretty dang firm and I played it for years, so it's not a deal breaker.

My preference is something that has a bit more mush on contact, but I'm not going to throw away performance for it, as confirmed earlier in my 'career' lol

Back