First Look: Cobra Golf T-Rail Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New hybrid irons from Cobra Golf called T-Rail and we have a full preview of them on the home page.

That black finish looks top notch. Would like to see if it holds up better than prior iterations of PVD finishes.

• Admin
I do love the Baffler rails on my F7 woods and hybos, these can only be a good thing for the targeted sector.

I don't think anyone is going to be in a straight choice between these and the Ping Blueprints, the people these are aimed at will no doubt love the help they are getting.

Well I'll be damned. Huh.

Love the rails on my Fairways, these remind me of one of the green clubs on the golf channel. Lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Great interview Dan. These certainly sound like great clubs in that segment and they look quite awesome as well.

Great interview Dan. These certainly sound like great clubs in that segment and they look quite awesome as well.
Thanks buddy!

TO is such a fun conversation. And these irons are pretty rad in hand.

I have never really done well with an iron with this much mass for some reason, but I would like to give these a try. The price point is strong, they look great and the tech seems to be there. I may be at the lower end of the target handicap range, but if it helps me get the ball up and pick up some distance than I am all for that. I really hope to be getting some new or new to me irons soon (hopefully before the end of the year) and I will be looking at this hard.

Very interesting concept. I have been a big fan of the rails on the cobra hybrids, so this make sense to me.

Not my cup of tea in terms of looks, but the tech is really interesting. As someone who struggles with longer irons, i'm curious how easy these would be to hit.

Not my cup of tea in terms of looks, but the tech is really interesting. As someone who struggles with longer irons, i'm curious how easy these would be to hit.

To me the ease of a hybrid with the feel of an iron

These look good for a SGI iron! It suits the target audience perfectly but I wouldn't mind giving them a try.

these seem to be right up @JB 's alley. very interesting concept and i'm sure difficult to engineer. seems to be a set that makes a lot of sense for a wide range of golfers, but may not see the adoption they probably should.

these seem to be right up @JB 's alley. very interesting concept and i'm sure difficult to engineer. seems to be a set that makes a lot of sense for a wide range of golfers, but may not see the adoption they probably should.

I don't know man, based on the internet, I should not play these as they are not aimed at my handicap :p

I don't know man, based on the internet, I should not play these as they are not aimed at my handicap :p

i mean, you probably won't focus on the shot as much because it's a bigger club. if you really want to focus, you should get a set of butter knives and play with those. and make sure you play from the back tees so you are playing "real" golf. and get a mock turtleneck while you're at it because tiger.

I had a Baffler Hybrid with the T-Rail back in the day and loved it...
Looking forward to hitting these...

To me the ease of a hybrid with the feel of an iron

I would assume they would launch lower than a hybrid though?

or would you say that's false?

Great interview @Canadan !

I did notice that these will come with stock midsize grips, did CPG happen to provide the reasoning for that as opposed to the typical standard size stock grip? I wonder if there is any science behind that decision (i.e. high handicap players could benefit from gripping the club with less pressure, and midsize grips could promote this)

Interesting. Being that I dislike hybrids very very much I'm not sure I could game something like this but I'll reserve judgement till I see them in person. Hopefully people will give these a hard look for the Morgan Cup if available.

Back