First Look: Cobra Golf T-Rail Irons

i mean, you probably won't focus on the shot as much because it's a bigger club. if you really want to focus, you should get a set of butter knives and play with those. and make sure you play from the back tees so you are playing "real" golf. and get a mock turtleneck while you're at it because tiger.

XFLEXXXXX.

I don't know man, based on the internet, I should not play these as they are not aimed at my handicap :p
If that was aimed in any way at my earlier comments, all I was trying to say was that people who might come in and comment about the looks as not being "players irons" (I'm not a fan of those categories, personally) are not who Cobra appear to be aiming at with these, based on Tom's comments.

If that was aimed in any way at my earlier comments, all I was trying to say was that people who might come in and comment about the looks as not being "players irons" (I'm not a fan of those categories, personally) are not who Cobra appear to be aiming at with these, based on Tom's comments.

Oh no sir, not at all. Just a general musing about larger irons.

Really informative video and while I knew a little bit about the rails from previous clubs, that video was great with giving me a better understanding. Pretty cool concept to me.

My wife plays a set that is conceptually in the same space. I like that someone else is entering that market space. Good stuff.

Looks really good. I wish the Forged Tec would have that Cobra logo on the toe!

Man, those look great- Wonder how the Black will hold up.
Kinda gives Tour Edge HL 4's some credence that they are on to something.

My aversion to hybrids probably makes this a strong "no" for me but I find the tech very interesting. I had a buddy that played a Cobra Baffler and he was a straight assassin with that club from deeeeep.

As tequila4kapp mentioned, my wife played a similar type of set up with her Tour edge Modas (when she actually played :rolleyes:). If I could ever get her to play regularly again, these would be at the top my list for her to try out without a doubt.

I play to a 10 handicap right now and have no issue gaming these clubs. Anything that can help me be more consistent and hit more greens sound great to me. I'm a big cobra fan and have been gaming S-3 irons forever now. I was thinking of going to the new HB Turbo irons but will now be looking at these. Very excited...
Does anyone have specs? He spoke of higher lofts?

Man, those look great- Wonder how the Black will hold up.
Kinda gives Tour Edge HL 4's some credence that they are on to something.

My opinion is that the closer play would be Cleveland with Altitude and then launcher, which has been a success. It is going to be a crowded space moving forward.

My opinion is that the closer play would be Cleveland with Altitude and then launcher, which has been a success. It is going to be a crowded space moving forward.
Amazing its taken so many so long to get in on it, and more amazing its taken as long as it has for these styles to gain traction with golfers.

Those look pretty darn nice and should help a lot of golfers out there if they give them a try. Nice price point too!

Are these offered in both OL and variable length?

Are these offered in both OL and variable length?

I could be missing it, and missing it from our meeting, but I believe variable only.

I was thinking more along the lines of a combo set

I was thinking more along the lines of a combo set

Could be. Although Cobra has been doing the combo set for years with the hybrid and irons. I used to say it was one of the best deals in golf in our home page features, because they were the same hybrids that sold stand alone.

Sold on the rail concept as I have a Cobra FW with them, the technology is there, however, not the type of look I like looking down on an iron. Those swinging altitudes/launchers and like them should give the "rails" a shot.

I don't know man, based on the internet, I should not play these as they are not aimed at my handicap :p

They could help Lower your handicap :unsure:

I could be missing it, and missing it from our meeting, but I believe variable only.
That seems like a miss to me. These seem like they’d be a very good beginner set

Awesome, awesome video Dan and JB!

LMAO Not Head of R&D

Great great pricepoint, $899 for the Combo set.

Very cool with the hybrid sole, easy up is fun.

Love love love that the baffler tech is included throughout the set.

Forged E-9 face is great, more speed and more launch, is SGI profile.

Finish is soooo good. Cool to hear that the process, even though PVD is durable. Struggled with other OEM PVD offerings, this really excites me.

I think I could make use of a few of these clubs in my 2020 setup.

#GolfisFUN

#TeamHackers

Great video and I like the tech and the look. The black finish is sweet. Very interested to see reviews on these, and also to see them in person and try these out.

@Jman
Thanks for mentioning these in the Cobra pricing thread. Totally missed these today as I was golfing this morning instead of reading the net.

Oh BOY !!

These just went to the top of my intrigued list.

The black finish looks great. Would have preferred the flat finish used on their cobra wedges instead of the gloss. Hope it holds up.

Reminds me if a KZG U Iron and that infomercial IRT-5 railed hybrid had a baby.

Specs ??? Never mind. On the cobra site

Last edited:
@JB @Canadan do you know who makes the Cobra Ultralite Shaft?

Also will they make this set available in OL - seems like a great opportunity for them.

Back