Need advice on Las Vegas' Angel Park Golf Club

lauzgolfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi fellow hackers!

Was just hoping to get some of your opinions on Angel Park Golf Club in Vegas. I'll be going down in early October for a short two nighter and because of that and travelling with non-golfers, believe that I'll only get one round in - therefore I don't want to lug my clubs down with me (coming from Canada). I'm interested in Angel Park mainly because of their all-in package which includes golf, cart, club rental and free replay starting at $99 and up depending on tee time. Seems that the average price to rent clubs is about $60 per round which is why this all-in package seems so attractive to me.

Anyone play there before? Anyone use their rentals? What kinds of clubs do they rent out? And which course is the better of the two?

I'm a high 80's, low 90's golfer and don't have a preference in terms of course style, I like to play all kinds of courses.

Thanks in advance!

lauzgolfer;n8907611 said:
Hi fellow hackers!

Was just hoping to get some of your opinions on Angel Park Golf Club in Vegas. I'll be going down in early October for a short two nighter and because of that and travelling with non-golfers, believe that I'll only get one round in - therefore I don't want to lug my clubs down with me (coming from Canada). I'm interested in Angel Park mainly because of their all-in package which includes golf, cart, club rental and free replay starting at $99 and up depending on tee time. Seems that the average price to rent clubs is about $60 per round which is why this all-in package seems so attractive to me.

Anyone play there before? Anyone use their rentals? What kinds of clubs do they rent out? And which course is the better of the two?

I'm a high 80's, low 90's golfer and don't have a preference in terms of course style, I like to play all kinds of courses.

Thanks in advance!

$99 is a great deal, go for it.

Below is copy and pasted club rental information from Angel Park's web site http://www.angelpark.com/courseinformation.html : [h=2]CLUB RENTALS[/h] All of our sets are the newest clubs from Titleist, Taylor Made, and Ping. All sets come with 2 sleeves of balls and cost $55. During twilight reservations, Rentals are available for $39 and do not include balls. If playing the Cloud 9 (par 3) course, rentals are $19 and do not include balls.

I’ve played it. Loved it. Absolutely playing there will be nice. Good Vegas course for reasonable money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haaaaate angel park. lol

Nah it's not a bad track, just the greens can be tricky. They're usually pretty fast and have a ton of slope. Make sure you try to stay on the low side of the pin or it's 3 and 4 putt city.

DG_1234;n8907628 said:
$99 is a great deal, go for it.

Below is copy and pasted club rental information from Angel Park's web site http://www.angelpark.com/courseinformation.html : [h=2]CLUB RENTALS[/h] All of our sets are the newest clubs from Titleist, Taylor Made, and Ping. All sets come with 2 sleeves of balls and cost $55. During twilight reservations, Rentals are available for $39 and do not include balls. If playing the Cloud 9 (par 3) course, rentals are $19 and do not include balls.

Awesome! Thanks so much for that link! Probably should have poked around a little more on my own! LOL

B81Smith;n8907647 said:
I’ve played it. Loved it. Absolutely playing there will be nice. Good Vegas course for reasonable money.

Which of the two courses would you play first to guarantee to finish?

Which of the two courses would you play first to guarantee to finish?

Can’t recall which I played. It was the one they said was better.

Enjoyed it. Played as a single with a few other singles a few years ago. Had a good group.

Layout is good, definitely more challenging around the greens.

Conditions were okay, it gets a ton of play and pace was a little slow.

For what you get it's a fair value. Can't speak to rentals.

Angel Park Mountain course is the longer one. I believe the other course is an executive course.

It's not a bad track. I just have some everlasting bad memories there. Like a few years ago, I had my best ballstriking day in forever... missed maybe 3 greens in reg all day and shot 90 thanks to 47 putts. I was on the wrong side of every single pin. And if they're running fast like they were that day, an 8' downhill putt turns in to a 20 footer back up the hill if you miss the hole. lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Damn, more than half the strokes were putts! I can't blame you for being reserved about playing there!

Thanks for the advice everyone!

I'm a "member" at Angel Park (discounted tee times) so I play there a fair amount. It gets a fair amount of traffic, but they keep it in really good shape considering.

As others have said, the greens can be really fast, but they aren't always. The last few times I've played there they were fine. But they can be like glass other times!

There are two 18 hole courses, one par three, and one putting course. The Mountain course is a little more difficult, a little narrower, a little more desert. Par 72, I think. The Palm course is slightly shorter and slightly easier. Par 70 I think. That's the one I'd pick if I were worried about time.

I've never rented clubs there, so I can't help on that point. It's a fun course, I think you'll like it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for your reply, appreciate the advice. Ended up getting a comped round at Cascata so played there instead. Doing up a sharing my Vegas trip and review of Cascata post right now to post.

I’ve played angel park. Course was in great condition. Really enjoyed it. Staff was really friendly as well.

I live 1.5 miles from Angel Park. As a local, I avoid it. No offense to you sir, but they seem to cater to non-locals and tourists. I’ve never had a round there under 5 hours. And there’s always a few drunk foursomes “party in Vegas” type groups there.

The courses are nice and maintained, the staff is friendly and I don’t want to squash your fun golf outing during your trip... but honestly, there are better courses in Vegas.

I live 1.5 miles from Angel Park. As a local, I avoid it. No offense to you sir, but they seem to cater to non-locals and tourists. I’ve never had a round there under 5 hours. And there’s always a few drunk foursomes “party in Vegas” type groups there.

The courses are nice and maintained, the staff is friendly and I don’t want to squash your fun golf outing during your trip... but honestly, there are better courses in Vegas.

Completely appreciate the honest opinion Buster1. That's why I come here. I was lucky enough to get a comped round at Cascata so played there last week.

I'm a "member" at Angel Park (discounted tee times) so I play there a fair amount. It gets a fair amount of traffic, but they keep it in really good shape considering.

As others have said, the greens can be really fast, but they aren't always. The last few times I've played there they were fine. But they can be like glass other times!

There are two 18 hole courses, one par three, and one putting course. The Mountain course is a little more difficult, a little narrower, a little more desert. Par 72, I think. The Palm course is slightly shorter and slightly easier. Par 70 I think. That's the one I'd pick if I were worried about time.

I've never rented clubs there, so I can't help on that point. It's a fun course, I think you'll like it. Let me know if you have any other questions.
I missed this post. You're a member there? Dude I need to get with you next time I'm in town to get some Angel Park tips. That place hates me, and costs me a couple bills in bets every Superbowl weekend. :D

I missed this post. You're a member there? Dude I need to get with you next time I'm in town to get some Angel Park tips. That place hates me, and costs me a couple bills in bets every Superbowl weekend. :D
Let me know bro!

Back