Review Maxfli Tour Golf Ball

robo729

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
NE Weather
I bought the Maxfli Tour golf ball on special 2 dozen for $50. I played them today before I take them to the TrueTemper weekend with THP this coming weekend. These balls jumped off my clubs today. They had a very nice feel on short shots and good spin too. Putting also had very good feedback. I didn't use a driver today but was using my Srixon 3 hybrid off of the tees on all of the holes today because I was killing dead straight today unlike my driver. The ball jumped off of the club and I actually drove thru a dogleg today. Overall I can't wait to use these ball next weekend with the TrueTemper shafts and nice shiny new irons that they will have for me.

Last edited:
How many layers is this ball?

Also assuming it’s urethane?

How many layers is this ball?

Also assuming it’s urethane?
3 layer urethane, X is 4 layer, matte finish options, compression is similar to the market leaders

I played these a lot this year. Agree with your assessment. My biggest concern is quality control. Many of them had a large center line, where the two halfs of the cover come together. Others not so much. Left me wondering how much the difference impacted consistency ball to ball.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

I played 2 dozen of the Maxfli Tour in Matte Green and I really liked them. They did everything as you described
I had a $10 off of $50 so I got them for 2/$40 - They are a steal at that price.
I'll pick more up of the Matte Green if I get a DSG coupon over the Holidays for sure.

Last edited:
They are a good buy at $25 per dozen and I gamed Maxfli's for a few years. I prefer the Snell MTB-x over any other ball and if you buy the 5 dozen value pack they come in only $1.12 more per dozen than the $25+ tax Maxfli's.

These went on sale again at the 2 dozen for $50 at dicks sporting goods. These Maxfli tour / tour x balls give me very similar numbers to a ProV1 / ProV1x. I've played them a couple times now and dare I say they may be the best ball at that price range. I am still a Snell MTB-x fan and tend to get a little more out of the Taylormade TP5x (especially in windy conditions) but the fact that I can pick these up locally at that price point has earned them a spot in my rotation. I think this ball will get overlooked due to the brand but it is seriously one of the better balls I've tried.

These went on sale again at the 2 dozen for $50 at dicks sporting goods. These Maxfli tour / tour x balls give me very similar numbers to a ProV1 / ProV1x. I've played them a couple times now and dare I say they may be the best ball at that price range. I am still a Snell MTB-x fan and tend to get a little more out of the Taylormade TP5x (especially in windy conditions) but the fact that I can pick these up locally at that price point has earned them a spot in my rotation. I think this ball will get overlooked due to the brand but it is seriously one of the better balls I've tried.

Agree.

I still love Snell as well but being to walk in and pick up these balls (2 for 50) they are tough to beat. I have tried both the Tour and Tour X and both are fantastic.

More people should try this one. I am curious about the ball though. I've heard that Dicks sporting goods doesn't have an R&D team so I wonder how this ball came about

I’ve wondered for a while who makes balls for them.

I’ve wondered for a while who makes balls for them.

Foremost manufactures them in the same factory where DTC balls like Vice and OnCore come to be.

Just got two dozen more in on Monday. Been playing this ball all year. Great ball and at $25 a box, great buy

Doesn't Dicks own Topflight and Maxfli so they must some R&D.
I miss the Gamer Soft and the original Top flight Gamer.

Pretty sure my brother plays this ball and he loves it.

Great under the radar ball. Figured I’d grab some more with black Friday deals coming up. Went to DSG and discovered that unfortunately Dick’s did the opposite and raised their “2 for” price from $50 to $60, lol.
So much for holiday savings ☹️

Great under the radar ball. Figured I’d grab some more with black Friday deals coming up. Went to DSG and discovered that unfortunately Dick’s did the opposite and raised their “2 for” price from $50 to $60, lol.
So much for holiday savings ☹

this might have been the new version of the Maxfli Tour that just came out....

Hmm. Hadn’t realized 2020s might be out. Would love to see some ‘19s closeout pricing :)
thanks.

They have been 2 for $60 for a bit. I assume they will discount them back to 2 for $50’soon.

Love this ball.

Love this ball but I'll likely go to Snell if the price stays at 2 for $60.

FYI - I have 3 dozen of the Matte Green if someone wanted some or all them.
I grabbed them on a 2 for $35 sale.

Put these back in to play. Performed just fine. Seemed to have some nice spin off the wedges.

I saw that GG has the 2021 version of the Maxfli Tour ball for sale now, but I love the 2019 ones and I was able to get 2 boxes of the 2019 matte green (my favorite color) for $55. Only saw the 2021 balls in gloss white - not sure if there will be other colors available.

Last edited:
Back