2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

It wasn't really addressed during my fitting and I completely spaced off asking about it. I had fully intended to ask but got wrapped up in the rest of it and forgot to ask.

Same for me. Didn’t really come up, and I didn’t think about it at the time.

for my team members, tell me about your ideal teammate for a team competition. what kind of strengths in your teammate will complement your game? what kind of personality do you click with best?

It's a hard question for me to answer as I don't have a preference, but I'll describe what I look for below. I have no doubt, after getting to know everyone that anyone will be a great fit.

I'm all for a good time to play the game of golf and appreciate the beauty of the game. The course, the people, the bad shots, the good shots, the amazing shots. I appreciate effort to do your best and not just give up. Don't be consumed by trying to be perfect. Don't be down on yourself on bad shots. Enjoy a few drinks and relax. Just play your game and have fun and we will steamroll whoever we play. If we get beat, who cares, at least we had fun.

Question for Grandaddy alums regarding ball? During fitting session does the Callaway fitter suggest which ball in lineup would be the best fit?

Not during fitting but I believed Finley talked about fitting from green backwards. I tend to prefer the CS X around the green so it worked well for me - that’s what the fitting was done with.

Same for me. Didn’t really come up, and I didn’t think about it at the time.

I've never been fitted for golf balls before. If there is time, I'll try to remember to ask the fitter at the end to see which ball they think would fit my game better after seeing the type of data my swing produces. I don't need extra distance, I look for less spin off driver, good flight off irons, excellent green side control.

I have the distance when it wants to show up but not the accuracy, so having a fairway finder is always a plus in a team game when I have the confidence we will always have a safe ball in play. Also a good chipper/bump and runner can go a long way. I’m fine with the sand and long lag putts, but missing short putts and duffed chip shots are usually what blows up my rounds.

Question for Grandaddy alums regarding ball? During fitting session does the Callaway fitter suggest which ball in lineup would be the best fit?
Never remember it being mentioned. The first night Finley just pointed at a ton of balls an said grab what you want and can.

Never came up during my fitting. But the range is full of brand new (or at least new looking) ChromeSofts.

I’m easily the weakest player, from an experience and consistency perspective. The great thing is that neither of those are required to have an amazing time, and play some good golf. I am continuing to work every chance I get to improve the areas that I can.

As far as information for pairing, my overall strength is that my game doesn’t upset me. It doesn’t cause me to get down on myself if I’m not hitting it well. I’ve said it here several times, but I’m not good enough to get mad at my game.

I’m not a long hitter, but I am pretty consistent on where it goes. Short game is getting better, and that’s one area I’m focusing my work. When I can’t get to the range/course, I’m trying to take a club out in the back yard and just work on the swing, weight shift, and body placement.

I’ll happily play with anyone of my teammates. Probably the best person to pair me with would be someone that is either just a consistent stick or else someone that needs that calming partner to “talk him off the ledge” occasionally. :)

No matter what happens, or who I’m in the cart with, this will be an amazing time.

It wasn't really addressed during my fitting and I completely spaced off asking about it. I had fully intended to ask but got wrapped up in the rest of it and forgot to ask.
Same for me

20191020_160548.jpg Went and looked at some clubs yesterday. I could play the Epic Flash hybrids based on looks if they fit my swing. I hit the Jaws 52 & 56 on the lm and full swings produce the same distances as my current wedges. I hit the Epic Forged 7 iron again and the distance is just filthy. I never saw the spin get over 4000 so I am pretty sure these are not for me.i looked at some shoes and belts too. Man, it's expensive to be a fancy boi.

Regarding the ball fitting, my suggestion would be to talk to your fitter when it's all said and done. Don't worry about it during the fitting as it's one less thing to clutter the brain. The fitting goes quick and I would hate for someone to short change themselves because you were "chasing" a number to find the right ball.

By now all of you have been playing some version of the ERC/CS/CSX, trust what you've seen up until now, have a conversation with your fitter based on your results and if you still have questions, then you have material to chat Finley up during the bus ride!

Sometimes you have to suffer for fashion, my man.

Jourdan is indeed quite fancy. He has been a big help picking out shoes and color combinations. I feel bad for him because this is bringing back the painful memories of when his dad took away his Ken doll. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not asking about golf balls was one thing I wish I remembered to ask about, but we also had an opportunity to get some balls of their current offered, along with trying the ERC out, so I had CS, CSX and ERC to use during the matches and when I got home at my local courses.

There is always a chance new balls will be released this year too, so if/when you hear about this on Monday night, you can always ask some questions then too.

1571666455031.jpeg
Thanks for all the feedback on ball fitting alums! I’ll go through my regular fitting as normal then ask the fitter at the end which ball they would suggest based on my numbers, etc.

Got these bad boys at my member-guest this past weekend so it must be a sign!

41 days... Cannot effing wait!

BE04DC60-34B4-4CDE-A3F0-EC1DC63BE270.jpegSpent some time working this morning. A beautiful day to be outside.

Last edited:
Spent some time working this morning. A beautiful day to be outside.
Spent some time working this morning. A beautiful day to be outside.

Tomcat. After you attach your photo click the full size button before pressing reply so your image appears inline.

0C8A9062-80E5-4A08-9EBA-EB2E6EFBF86E.jpeg

Thanks.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
And now those last two images posted are fantastic. Exactly why we want to use the browser and keep them at full res.

JB does this appear correctly ? View attachment 8911818

Its there, but very small. Since I am assuming this GIF was not done through the GIPHY feature on the forum and pulled from elsewhere, or created, it would be completely dependent on the size that is created.

Regarding ball fitting, it never came up during my club fitting and I didn't think to ask, nor did I look closely enough at them to even determine if we were using CS or CS-X. During the competition, I stuck with my usual CS until the last hole when I put one of the ERC Soft in play, ending up with my longest drive of the day!

As for the caddie experience, don't set your expectations TOO high as each fivesome (you have a host playing with you, too) has only one caddie. The caddie I had was one that YoDnevs always uses thus I had him for our group the whole time. He was great at giving yardages, reading putts, cleaning off clubs and balls, etc. but there was not a lot of time for discussing strategy or developing an ability to "club" me. I once played with a tour caliber caddie years ago in a pro-am for a Champions Tour event and by the 3rd hole he was telling me (correctly I might add) what club to hit. The experience with a caddie at The Hideaway is really, really good but not quite up to that level since he is supporting 5 guys, not just you.

Back