2019-2020 College Basketball Season

Duffer Waldorf

[this space available]
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
10.7 GHIN
Media Days are behind us. Practices are cranking up.

Season opens with the Champions Classic on Tuesday, Nov 5th, at Madison Square Garden:

Duke vs Kansas
Kentucky vs Michigan State

D4C5KJCWsAAcAAQ.jpg

Duke is restocked and ready to make another run. They should have gotten farther last year.

Yikes.

Looking forward to the season and the NCAA tourney will be in Albany for the opening round.

College Poll Tracker

Michigan State opens the season at #1 in the AP Poll.

Same as last season, #1 vs #2 in the Champions Classic. Hopefully UK shows up this time.

I'm a little scared where they will get their points. A lot of 3's this season I think.

Keep an eye on Louisville! I have a feeling they will be in the mix in March.

Same as last season, #1 vs #2 in the Champions Classic. Hopefully UK shows up this time.

I'm a little scared where they will get their points. A lot of 3's this season I think.
I share your concerns there. I think with Cal, he’s a season long teacher. I feel his strategy is to build them through the season and whether or not he can get the young guys to come together. I love this team, just concerned about scoring points

Best time of the year for college sports.

I’m interested in seeing how Penny Hardaway does with Memphis. He has some good players including possible overall #1 pick James Wiseman.

I am wearing my Duke hat to support my kids who go there but it's definetly Go Big Blue. Cats will be very athletic. I doubt it will be like last years game but in the end Duke was not the ultimate winner. Love this time of year.

In a sport seemingly dominated by freshman one and dones, I’m curious to see that several of the most heralded freshman aren’t going to the usual places. Georgia, Washington and Memphis all have highly rated freshmen who are projected lottery picks.

Last edited:
(20) St. Mary's is a 4-pt favorite vs Wisconsin in Sioux Falls, SD, tonight.

The ACC jumps right into conference play this year -- 3 tonight and 4 more tomorrow night.

(16) Baylor tips off at ... 11 am?!?

Last edited:
(20) St. Mary's is a 4-pt road favorite at Wisconsin tonight.

The ACC jumps right into conference play this year -- 3 tonight and 4 more tomorrow night.

(11) Baylor tips off at ... 11 am?!?
weve done it the last several years. started when they had the 24hour tipoff thing.

It's pretty cool, they invite thousands of local elementary school kids as a field trip. Makes for a loud, but high pitched environment.

Best Duke unis since the Battier years.

Did I just see Gary Woodland behind the scorers table at the Duke-Kansas game?

Back