EXPERIENCE Live Update Thread: 2019 Ultimate Club Testing with Titleist T Series Irons

Hearing things like this is why we do it.
I know I've only been fortunate to attend 2 events, but if someone is having a better time somewhere other than a THP event, I'm living the wrong life! :D

A lot of fun was had and JT and Eric were incredible at jumping right into the flow of conversation and making the guys feel as though they were special.

I felt special the entire time. JB and GG do a first class job of setting up theses events and you can tell that they love what they do. I'm sure it takes a lot of effort and it shows and it is greatly appreciated. I got to add five new THP friends ( in addition to JB, Josh, and Eric of course ) that I can add to my list of great people I have met through the THP website. This is the real prize and what makes it so much fun.

The Titleist guys (Josh and Eric) were genuine and would answer any question about clubs, balls, gear, courses they've played, tour players, ect. , I can only guess the amount of times they've answered the same questions.

The irons are awesome and I'll be posting more about them in the main thread for this event.

Thanks for everything!

I know I've only been fortunate to attend 2 events, but if someone is having a better time somewhere other than a THP event, I'm living the wrong life! :D

You complete me hawtcarl ?

Let it be noted I specifically told @JB to turn his head and look away before I even pulled the zapper out, but he watched anyway. Don't go to a horror flick if you don't want to be scared IMO ?

@DataDude is lasering from the fringe. That should either be penalty strokes or tarred and feathered

This basically explains everything ?

He also wears lululemon pants. ;)

Finally able to catchup...nice shooting boys!! That ball marker is ?, that THP logo on the white ball is ? too! So happy the weather turned for you guys and you got to play with the new sticks a bit. I look forward to reading more in the equipment threads.

This weekend was a blast. It was the best golf weekend I've been a part of followed by playing in the Gauntlet in 2014. Thanks @JB and @GolferGal for being a great host and setting up such a great trip. Thanks a ton to Eric and Josh from Titleist who were a treat to get to know and made us all feel welcome and part of the "inner circle".

I was the lucky one who only had a 40 minute drive from my house to get to the resort. Hopefully I was a good local area host to the rest of the guys. I posted when this event was first announced that I live so close but had never been to Chateau Elan and it would be awesome if I could be a part of such a great looking event so close to home. Well that wish came true and it was a fantastic late birthday present. The clubs are nice as well. ;)

I was hoping that more of us could get together on Friday afternoon and play the par 3 course but @DataDude and I had a good time getting to know each other then. I roomed with @mreiter and played with him both Saturday and Sunday. He really is a very nice guy and hopefully we can meet up and play some more golf sometime. Dinner on Friday was really good and a lot of fun. The wine was so good I took home a bottle.

The weather Saturday was not the best with a tropical storm blowing through but we definitely made the best of it. It was a truly unique golf experience for me as I normally just don't bother playing in the rain. I didn't really have any thoughts on the new irons from Saturday as I was just trying to figure out where the ball was going using rain gloves for the first time. Though, it was easy to get over the fact that the weather sucked and just enjoy being out there with the guys. We lasted a good bit longer than the other group but after 10 holes and then watching a tree get blown over :oops: I was ready to head in, thaw out and watch the rest of Auburn's football game. Dinner on Saturday night at the clubhouse restaurant was, again, a lot of fun. There was never a time all weekend when the conversation and golf talk was not flowing.

Sunday golf was just a lot of fun on a beautiful course. I finally was able to get a feel of the new irons and hit some decent shots with them. The team of me, Eric, @DataDude and @mreiter won the handicapped shamble with a 19 under score. We just played great team golf. Somebody was always coming through for us on every hole. When @DataDude got caught lasering the flag from just in front of the green, I tried to ask him what yardage he got on the DL but JB heard me. I have no regrets as I stuck it to one foot after that. I got the pleasure of riding with Eric for both rounds. He is a great guy and knows a ton about golf balls and materials. If I'm ever in Boston area I'll definitely look into a tour of the Titleist ball plant up there.

It was great meeting @LSMO, @chasDog, and @Vortex as well. I got to play Saturday with @Vortex and hopefully we can play some other time with better conditions. I can't wait to see everyone's thoughts on the new irons. We all had some different sets and they are going to be fun to review.

I`m not sure where to begin, so guess I will begin with what a weekend. I wasn't sure what to expect but it was awesome to say the least. I`m a pretty quiet guy at first but began to loosen up a bit. Had a great navigator in @chasDog from the airport to the Chateau. Met my roommate @wluker17 and enjoyed talking college football and watching some games at night.

I also was able to play with @wluker17 @Vortex @AcushnetGolf and finally @DataDude we all got along really well, I just wish I plated some better golf, Hopefully we can play again in the future.

@chasDog @LSMO @wluker17 @Vortex @DataDude you are all awesome people and really enjoyed some great food and good conversation around the dinner table.

Finally thanks to @JB @Golfgal for all there hard work, Eric at Titleist and Josh thanks for all the great knowledge and filling our brains with some awesome golf information.

I look forward to all the reviews and what the thoughts of all the product that we received to review

Thanks Mike @mreiter
@amherstdawg on twitter

Last edited:
Titleist Gear Team sponsored Sunday’s shamble event. Eric and his comrades were a Tour de Force and they sealed a stress-free win. Congrats to Eric, @DataDude, @mreiter, and @wluker17.

In true Titleist fashion, everybody in the group was a winner. The cold weather will soon be upon us so Titleist provided winter hats, hand warmers, and neck warmers.

Team Eric picked first and third. Team Josh picked second. I was stoked to win this hand warmer. If you live on the frozen tundra between November and March, then this item is worth its weight in gold, on and off the course!

437903FD-8F73-4370-8F0F-61AF52C05622.jpeg

99BFC6DB-FF05-4D0F-9D78-D897A6B57F88.jpeg

Finally caught up... great follow, guys! -19 in a shamble is some great golf!

Glad you all had such a great time!

Nice bunch of SWAG you guys received from the guys at Titleist. Too bad the weather didn't cooperate for you guys on Saturday. But it's always a fun time at THP Events regardless. :golf2::drinks:

Nice bunch of SWAG you guys received from the guys at Titleist. Too bad the weather didn't cooperate for you guys on Saturday. But it's always a fun time at THP Events regardless. :golf2::drinks:

Only missed 9 holes at the event, which is great.
This was one hell of a ride for the guys. That dinner Friday night with the gear was tremendous.

This was one hell of a ride for the guys. That dinner Friday night with the gear was tremendous.

I would have just liked to have been there for the ??

We got something everyday. At the dinner on Friday we got our irons and the main swag bag. For Saturdays round we got a Titleist valuables pouch filled with Team Titleist Tee's, a ball marker, stickers and more. Sunday we got more golf balls including a sleeve of the left dash ProV1x's and then the Titleist cold weather gear as prizes for the shamble format. It was awesome.

Team Titleist is so good.
Love that winter hat. May need to pick one up!

On the first tee on the last day Eric from Titleist gave us all a sleeve of our preferred balls with a THP logo, a sleeve with the T-Series logo, and a sleeve of -ProV1X. They had already given us a dozen ball with our forum name so this was beyond kind and generous of him. Anyway my roommate @LSMO was the only guy on the trip playing AVX and he was in the front group while I was in the back group. Given that I knew when I found an AVX with a THP logo in the woods on hole 9 or 10 that it was his. I stuck the ball in my bag at the end of the round. I have pulled that ball out probably 6 or 7 different times since then while playing a round and ot always reminds me of the great trip we had and how cool THP is. Also no matter how many holes I have left I keep bringing this ball back home. Just thought this was a cool story to share about THP.

@wluker17
@Vortex
@mreiter
@chasDog

20200313_174025.jpg

That`s so cool. After out trip last year I returned to Ohio and just recently was able to play a few full rounds. The rounds were a few weeks apart due to the weather this spring. Those irons are by far the best irons I have ever played. That trip was definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity. Thanks again THP

Just curious! Is anyone still gaming these from this amazing giveaway? I know I am and still love those irons!

Back