How Far Do You wander From Home

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
How far will you guys go to play a round of golf from your home? Not talking like out of state but as a drive from your house. The furthest I've ever gone was 2 1/2 hrs south. The course is named the Den at Fox Creek. It is in Bloomington, IL. If I remember right the course was designed by Arnold Palmer.

We had a group of us from the dfw crew that drove 4+ hours up to Tulsa one day to play a round with other THPers a few years back.
We had some come from Kansas, Arkansas and I believe from Tennessee. Very fun day.

We had a group of us from the dfw crew that drove 4+ hours up to Tulsa one day to play a round with other THPers a few years back.
We had some come from Kansas, Arkansas and I believe from Tennessee. Very fun day.

Sounds like it would be, I hope to have some similar experiences next summer with THPers in the Northern Illinois area.

5 1/2hrs to get to Nashville for the Hogan Event. Non-event golf, 3hrs is the furthest so far

If it's drive, play and then return home it's probably about 2 hours. Monterey for the surrounding courses are worth it obviously

When I lived in south Florida, around West Palm Beach area... I would drive south toward Miami or as far north as Vero Beach to play courses. That whole area was loaded with courses. Palm Beach County alone has near 300 courses. Never had to go to far.

About 1 hour if returning the same day. I’m looking to push that to 2-3 next year for a few day trips.

I’ve gone around 4 hrs for two different THP events, but was staying multiple days there.

When I lived in south Florida, around West Palm Beach area... I would drive south toward Miami or as far north as Vero Beach to play courses. That whole area was loaded with courses. Palm Beach County alone has near 300 courses. Never had to go to far.

I know what you mean, my mom has lived in Sun City Center area for many years. I've lost count of all the courses around the area.

8 hours for the Hogan Event in Nashville, 6 hours for my annual golf trip, 2 1/2 hours to golf with a few friends. I would not be opposed to travel farther if it was necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3-4 hours is the top end of what I’d do for a day trip.

We drove about 4 1/2 hours to play Arcadia Bluffs and back the same day. That was brutal but its so fun up there it was worth it. Rented a bus the second time. It was about the same distance last year to French Lick last year. Probably the furthest was a few of us drove to North Carolina to play tot hill and sequoia national. The last two were weekend trips so a little easier.

Will venture out a few hours a couple of times a year for special events. Typically it is just 10 - 15 minutes to my home course.

An hour max is what I aim for. But can go up to 2 hours away. The course will have to be worth the trip.

A round from home and back would be no more that 90 minutes but I regularly play within 5 hours from home when traveling for work.

About 2 1/2 to 3 hours to meet up with fellow THPers in NorCal.

For just a regular round, I think going over 1.5-2 hrs may be pushing it.

For an event or gethering I dont really see the time limit on driving more so, when does it make more sense to fly.

Pretty regular to drive over to the Tampa area to play. Could be 30 min. Or 1 he depending on traffic

I would probably go no more than 90mins drive from home if it was just for a single round

For our UK gatherings I have driven upwards of 4+ hours, but those trips include at least 1 overnight stay

If returning home the same day 2 hrs is about my max. With my ClubCorp Play Away membership I have done several weekend trips but they are still under 3hrs one way.

The longest I've done is about 3.5 hours away. It's a long day but for a special course or friends it's worth it.

Usually not too far, about an hour maybe an hour and half.
Longest was about 5 hours to play Pasatiempo.

I’ve driven 3-4 hours to meet up with the NY folks from time to time. Unfortunately didn’t get out there this year.

I used to make the trip to DFW all the time to meet up with the crew that used to be down there. 3-3.5 hours.

Next year, I hope to play with more THPers in my general area. That may require up to 3 hours, or maybe even a little more, to find a place with with some.

I will drive an hour or so for just playing a round at a new course and then driving home. Longer than that and I am probably spending the night somewhere or on a trip with buddies.

Back