Electronics Pondering

I've heard a lot of good things about the Vizio soundbars. My cousin has one, but I can't remember the model number. Not that we watched anything that was really audio intensive when we were down there in late July. I was too engulfed in the size of the TV to remember the sound haha

That was my birthday present for a rather large over the hill birthday from my wife haha. We have a 72" in the living room we got from Costco on clearance and that was great. But I wanted really big for that new room when we moved into this house, so it was her treat.

I absolutely love everything about it, but the Vizio sound bar has been tremendous and its going on 4 years now (bought it for the 72")

That was my birthday present for a rather large over the hill birthday from my wife haha. We have a 72" in the living room we got from Costco on clearance and that was great. But I wanted really big for that new room when we moved into this house, so it was her treat.

I absolutely love everything about it, but the Vizio sound bar has been tremendous and its going on 4 years now (bought it for the 72")

I mean as you get older you need bigger screens for everything:cool:

I mean as you get older you need bigger screens for everything:cool:

This is very true. We sat there yesterday and said "its crazy, but for this room, we could go even larger". Then realized the costs and said no thanks, but the 85" is so enjoyable for tv.

We love our Vizio sound bar in our Living Room. We have the largest one paired with an 85" Samsung and it blows away every other sound bar we have tried in terms of creating a room. Coming from a much different 7.1 setup, I barely notice the difference.
Yeah, after giving one to my son, I still have another Vizio Soundbar in my daughter's room. Large room, it's actually the bonus room, yet the Vizio fills it just fine. Every so often when I'm in there and think to crank it up, I'm still surprised by how awesome it sounds.

They were the largest offered at the time, have to be 3' or more. Sound is great. I only went with Zvox in the rest of the house to pinpoint dialogue that much more.

In the living room, for example, open floorplan with vaulted ceilings, no setting on the Vizio could adequately push dialogue. With the Zvox Soundbase's 3 surround settings and then Accuvoice, even my hearing impaired mom and MIL can hear just fine.

That's what I need! I can hear background noise and everything I just fine, but I have a hard time picking up dialogue for some reason :cautious:

Yeah, after giving one to my son, I still have another Vizio Soundbar in my daughter's room. Large room, it's actually the bonus room, yet the Vizio fills it just fine. Every so often when I'm in there and think to crank it up, I'm still surprised by how awesome it sounds.

They were the largest offered at the time, have to be 3' or more. Sound is great. I only went with Zvox in the rest of the house to pinpoint dialogue that much more.

In the living room, for example, open floorplan with vaulted ceilings, no setting on the Vizio could adequately push dialogue. With the Zvox Soundbase's 3 surround settings and then Accuvoice, even my hearing impaired mom and MIL can hear just fine.

Vizio has some great stuff for the price and I have one of their soundbars in a bedroom and another in a family room. Their website has the 42" soundbar with sub on sale for $79 down from $199 - a damn good deal. There are so many soundbars available at all price points right now that I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm going to pair up with the new 65" I just bought but haven't installed yet. I care about music more than TV sound so that is a big part of my consideration. I'm still thinking about a dedicated L/R/C subwoofer setup off of an Airplay 2 receiver but the soundbars are vastly improved and make the decision tougher.

Vizio has some great stuff for the price and I have one of their soundbars in a bedroom and another in a family room. Their website has the 42" soundbar with sub on sale for $79 down from $199 - a damn good deal. There are so many soundbars available at all price points right now that I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm going to pair up with the new 65" I just bought but haven't installed yet. I care about music more than TV sound so that is a big part of my consideration. I'm still thinking about a dedicated L/R/C subwoofer setup off of an Airplay 2 receiver but the soundbars are vastly improved and make the decision tougher.
For music, I wouldn't recommend Zvox. Absolutely love them for movies, shows, sports, but not for music.

And I have 5 of them from the largest Soundbase (770) to the smallest Soundbar (AV203), none are as good with music as the Vizios.

We are in market for a 55-65" TV for our bedroom. Currently have an older 58" plasma in there right now that we moved in after we got a 75" Samsung for Living room. When we do watch in the bedroom, we can certainly notice the heat coming from the set.

With Black Friday coming up, may just wait to get one. Have been looking at Samsung, TCL and Vizio at Costco.

We are in market for a 55-65" TV for our bedroom. Currently have an older 58" plasma in there right now that we moved in after we got a 75" Samsung for Living room. When we do watch in the bedroom, we can certainly notice the heat coming from the set.

With Black Friday coming up, may just wait to get one. Have been looking at Samsung, TCL and Vizio at Costco.

I have three TCL LED TVs and they are all fantastic. The 6-Series is the best bang for your buck, period.

If interested in going on the cheap, we went for a 58" Sharp 4k Roku TV for the living room. Think the sale price I got if for was only $370! Incredible deal at that price, we've been very happy with it.

In a prior post I mentioned that we bought our son a 65" LG but that was only after ordering him our exact 58" Sharp. It arrived damaged so we upgraded for him at the store.

I have three TCL LED TVs and they are all fantastic. The 6-Series is the best bang for your buck, period.
Thanks. Daughter has 2 TCL TV's and she really likes them. Certainly a good price on those sets.

Some good upcoming deals at Costco on BF. I'll probably pull the trigger on the 65" Samsung for $499.

Thanks. Daughter has 2 TCL TV's and she really likes them. Certainly a good price on those sets.

TCL is hard to beat for the price. I bought a 55" TCL UHD 6 series for my college daughter's apartment at Costco and it's shocking how good the picture is for less than $500.

More Black Friday discounts are starting to show up. The OLED LG 55” can now be had for $1095 at Amazon and Walmart. If you want the best picture OLED is the way to go and it’s amazing that these prices are down near $1000 now when just a couple years ago they were $2000 for the same size.

Im waiting to see if Sonos runs any kind of Black Friday discount. With what we are going to drop on the house wide setup, even a small percentage off would be nice.

Im waiting to see if Sonos runs any kind of Black Friday discount. With what we are going to drop on the house wide setup, even a small percentage off would be nice.

Costco has the Play1(2pack) of speakers for $269 and the one SL (2pack) for $329.

Last edited:
So many cell phones out there and some deals for Black Friday.... And I've gotta figure out which one to get. Replacing an original Google Pixel XL.

Samsung Note looks intriguing. But I like how my pixel backs up all my photos to Google photos automatically right now. I've heard the Pixel 4 has poor battery life. Hmmmmm....

Decisions decisions.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

For those looking to get a tv, the best review rating service I know of is at...
Www.rtings.com
the other cool thing is that they provide the calibration settings.

More Black Friday discounts are starting to show up. The OLED LG 55” can now be had for $1095 at Amazon and Walmart. If you want the best picture OLED is the way to go and it’s amazing that these prices are down near $1000 now when just a couple years ago they were $2000 for the same size.

I have an LG OLED and can confirm the picture they produce is second to none. Give them a good source and the pic quality is incredible.

I have an LG OLED and can confirm the picture they produce is second to none. Give them a good source and the pic quality is incredible.

We have the LG OLED65C7 that we got in early 2018 and we love it. I can't believe how inexpensive the OLED's have gotten as the 55" I just ordered was double the price last fall when it first came out.

We have the LG OLED65C7 that we got in early 2018 and we love it. I can't believe how inexpensive the OLED's have gotten as the 55" I just ordered was double the price last fall when it first came out.
I have a 55 now and Jones’in for a 65”

Picked up a IPhone 11 max today. Loving the camera such great quality

For those looking to get a tv, the best review rating service I know of is at...
Www.rtings.com
the other cool thing is that they provide the calibration settings.

Great site for TV reviews and as you said, TV picture settings.

I recently was on this site for a Sony TV my brother bought. He had the TV setup for over a month and as I was going through the RTings settings, I realized that he wasn't even using the TVs 4K, HDR settings with his XBox One X! So he has this beautiful 4K TV and wasn't even using the 4K settings.

Makes you wonder how many people out there have bought these TVs and have not realized that the settings need to be adjusted to TURN ON the 4k HDR settings in many of these TVs.

PSA - Read your TV manual and make sure you are actually using the 4K HDR settings! Better yet......go to RTings and use their TV picture recommendations.

Great site for TV reviews and as you said, TV picture settings.

I recently was on this site for a Sony TV my brother bought. He had the TV setup for over a month and as I was going through the RTings settings, I realized that he wasn't even using the TVs 4K, HDR settings with his XBox One X! So he has this beautiful 4K TV and wasn't even using the 4K settings.

Makes you wonder how many people out there have bought these TVs and have not realized that the settings need to be adjusted to TURN ON the 4k HDR settings in many of these TVs.

PSA - Read your TV manual and make sure you are actually using the 4K HDR settings! Better yet......go to RTings and use their TV picture recommendations.

Yep, especially now that HDR and/or 4K TV signals are becoming more common, it makes sense to at least buy a calibration disc and get the most of your TV. Here’s an article that covers how to do it.

I was at Best Buy picking up something for my wife and with the combination of the Black Friday sale and an open box item I was able to get a HomePod for $160. The sound quality on this thing is outstanding.

Back