What’s your Masters menu?

Parrot

2025 Worldwide Golf Championship - Team ?????
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
We’re sitting around waiting out the rain and this topic found its way into the conversation.

So, what would you serve?

@DannyLe went with tuna tartare and sushimi, sea bass with roasted Brussels sprouts and ice cream.

Extremely spicy wings, onion rings and Shiner Bock.

First Course

Choice of:
Tuna Carpaccio
Beef Carpaccio

Wine Pairing: Krug Clos du Mesnil

Second Course

Kobe beef filet mignon
Garlic truffle mashed potatoes
Brussels sprouts with a caramelized onion jam

Wine Pairing: 1991 Chateau LaTour

Third Course

Tahitian vanilla bean crème brûlée

Wine Pairing: Taylor Fladgate 40yr tawny

I chose the champagne as part of the first course for the obligatory toast.

Good enough for me.:)

I'll likely fire up the smoker for chicken and baby back ribs served with coleslaw, onion rings, and beer.

Appetizers:
Deep fried ball mushroom, cheese sticks, or chicken gizzards

Choice of salads

Prime rib, with choice of potato, and broccoli

Dessert:
Choice of any type of cheese cake or cream pie

All served with drink or drinks of choice
Milk, wine, beer, liquor

@clarkgriswold @radiman

Well, I get to choose my menu every night so let me think on my greatest wants for for a sec....

I think I’ll keep it super simple. Filet mignon grilled anyway you’d like it (people should be shot if they order this cut “well done”,-just a damn waste of good meat past medium). King crab, a huge ass one for everyone, and a loaded baked potato. Have them order their own damn salad if they want one, but make them available. Same with dessert. I can’t ever eat enough to wanna order dessert but let’s just say pecan pie and vanilla ice cream if you’ve got room.

Quick Edit: open bar. Huge open bar.

I like the king crab
Well, I get to choose my menu every night so let me think on my greatest wants for for a sec....

I think I’ll keep it super simple. Filet mignon grilled anyway you’d like it (people should be shot if they order this cut “well done”,-just a damn waste of good meat past medium). King crab, a huge ass one for everyone, and a loaded baked potato. Have them order their own damn salad if they want one, but make them available. Same with dessert. I can’t ever eat enough to wanna order dessert but let’s just say pecan pie and vanilla ice cream if you’ve got room.

Quick Edit: open bar. Huge open bar.
I like the king crab accompaniment. One of my favs. Also fully agree with you on the beef temp. Beef is not meant to be eaten brown. But to each their own - though I will certainly have a different opinion of you if you overcook.

My choice was a tuna tartare for an app, Kobe Wague Filet Mignon with a coffee rub server with double bake potato and grilled Brussel sprouts. For desert bread pudding!

Chinese buffet... only because I'm craving it mightily down here in Mexico...

I would have to stick to my southern roots:

Bacon-Potato Corn Chowder
Fried Chicken / Fried (not battered) Pork Chops
Mashed Potatoes with brown gravy

Butter Beans (some call them Lima beans)
Mac & Cheese
Cornbread and Biscuits
Pecan Pie and Banana Pudding

I would have to stick to my southern roots:

Bacon-Potato Corn Chowder
Fried Chicken / Fried (not battered) Pork Chops
Mashed Potatoes with brown gravy

Butter Beans (some call them Lima beans)
Mac & Cheese
Cornbread and Biscuits
Pecan Pie and Banana Pudding
That is eerily close to mine. I had a filet option, rice instead of mashed potatoes and fried okra instead of mac and cheese. My dessert was Commander's Palace's bread pudding.

That is eerily close to mine. I had a filet option, rice instead of mashed potatoes and fried okra instead of mac and cheese. My dessert was Commander's Palace's bread pudding.

I was so close to going with fried okra, but I didn't want anyone to miss out on their starches/carbs so I went with Mac & Cheese. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

first course - lobster bisque. @Space Bandito already took the clos du mesnil, do i'll go marcassin estate chardonnay, vintage tbd.

second course - snake river farms american wagyu ribeye. @chefkritter's sea salt crusted baked potato with mascarpone, crispy pancetta bits and chives. grilled asparagus. paired with sine qua non syrah, vintage tbd.

dessert - my wife's banana pudding, and chocolate peanut butter pie from hunter's pub in hamilton georgia. royal tokaji essencia.

prawn cocktail
filet mignon and lobster tail
black eyed pea, corn and spinach salad
creme brulee
Etude Heirloom Pinot

Last edited:
I like the king crab

I like the king crab accompaniment. One of my favs. Also fully agree with you on the beef temp. Beef is not meant to be eaten brown. But to each their own - though I will certainly have a different opinion of you if you overcook.

Only steak that isn’t completely ruined by being medium well is a Ribeye. Certainly don’t prefer them that way but it’s at least edible.

When I met my soon to be ex wife 20 years ago, took her to a steakhouse and she ordered a filet well done. That shoulda been my first warning. I asked if she’d take a bite of mine that was between rare and mid rare and she did. Her eyes sparkled as she realized what she’d been missing out on her entire life.

Had she declined, she’d have had to find her own ride back home, lol.

Crab cakes and Caesar salad to start. Filet with garlic mashed potatoes or the entree and apple pie with vanilla bean ice cream for dessert.

Ribeye steak w/sauteed mushrooms
Salt crusted baked potato
Maine Lobster - 3 lb'er
Asparagus
Creme'Brulee for dessert.
After dessert dessert.....Maker's Mark 46

I would do a variety of sandwiches. Cuban, Reuben, Club, Philly Cheesesteak. I would have homemade chips, fresh cut fries, and tator tots as my sides with my homemade fry sauce. Appetizers would be a variety of cured meats and cheeses. At the table we would start with a salad and dessert would be 2 or 3 different pies from The Home Made Ice Cream & Pie shop in Louisville, KY. I would serve New Albanian beer from New Albany, IN, Four Roses Bourbon from Kentucky, and San Pellegrino Sparkling Water.

I would have a full spread of Nyotaimori.

I'm a simple man.

First Course:
Them little cocktail weenies sauteed in bbq sauce.

Second Course:
Wagyu Ribeye Steak
Baked tater
Corn on the cob

Third Course:
Ice Cream with Magic Shell.

:rockon::rockon:

Crab cakes and Caesar salad to start. Filet with garlic mashed potatoes or the entree and apple pie with vanilla bean ice cream for dessert.

Ha! I got jealous of JB’s crab cakes for lunch and ordered one at the THP Bridgestone Championship this summer, lol.

I’ve had crab but never crab cakes. I’ve now had crab cakes. They’re good:)

Back