Official Rant of the Day

2 daughters, one in golf(10 yoa will beat me eventually) and a sophomore in HS playing soccer (taught her how to play) the HS'er thinks she knows everything.......WTF!!!!!!!!

1573210646996.png

I remember being that age.

The rain has been pretty much constant for the last week or so and according to the forecast we had a months worth of rain in the last 48hrs or so

Golf is going to be off the cards for a while due to the weather so a simulator round is looking more and more likely in the next week

2 daughters, one in golf(10 yoa will beat me eventually) and a sophomore in HS playing soccer (taught her how to play) the HS'er thinks she knows everything.......WTF!!!!!!!!

That's every teenager ever...including you and me!

This has got to be the busiest 2 months of travel that I have done in a long time. Every week since start of October it’s a 3 day travel trip at least. 2 trips next week, two the following week and now it looks like a trip to Vancouver the Sunday thru Tuesday the week of thanksgiving.

My football/wrestling coach from high school is in very bed health. Hospice has been called in. Going this weekend to see him and say my good byes. He has had such an impact on my life. He is the reason I got into teaching and coaching.

I ordered for in store pickup at a location not near my home it was sealed and everything.

Came home to find that, apparently Loss Prevention at Targets are lax.

If you’re a criminal and you put that much time and thought just for a video game, you’re clearly wasting your talents.

or Microsoft/Activision has clearly hit the skids really has hit

What a DB move by someone wow. Hopefully target doesn’t give you any issues.

they gave me a look when I asked for scissors to cut open my replacement at the store, thankfully no issues

just annoyed i had to go back out and deal with this instead of gaming

Glad that worked out enjoy the game!!

I ordered for in store pickup at a location not near my home it was sealed and everything.

Came home to find that, apparently Loss Prevention at Targets are lax.

If you’re a criminal and you put that much time and thought just for a video game, you’re clearly wasting your talents.

or Microsoft/Activision has clearly hit the skids really has hit
Dude that is nucking futs! I guess I shouldn't be shocked but how in the hell would someone have the ability to re-seal that damned thing after making the swap. I wonder if an entire"batch" came in like that? Have you contacted Target? Damn that pisses me off just thinking about it and it wasn't even my f****ing money. :mad:

Edit: I see that you actually got a good copy. (y)

Last edited:
Dude that is nucking futs! I guess I shouldn't be shocked but how in the hell would someone have the ability to re-seal that damned thing after making the swap. I wonder if an entire"batch" came in like that? Have you contacted Target? Damn that pisses me off just thinking about it and it wasn't even my f****ing money. :mad:

Edit: I see that you actually got a good copy. (y)

If I had to guess it was a return. With a little work the plastic can be resealed and it looks like it wasn't opened so the return clerk wont catch it. I wish stores would just make it a mater of policy to open games and DVDs during a return.

View attachment 8914050

I remember being that age.
it is so true, upon turning 18 I told my father I was done with his BS and with the no work climate in the Northeast in 1977 bought a van and drove to Florida with $200 to make my millions.

Wow what a shock not having a bed to sleep in or food or clean clothes unless you did it yourself. I quickly came to appreciate all my parents had done for me, sure I did not get along with my dad because I was a young ******** that knew everything and he was a stubborn Frenchman that also knew everything.
But there was always food on the table and we had what we needed, he did good with a 8th grade education. We later in life got close again and often played golf and went fishing.

Now at 60 years, everyone tells me I have turned into him, well that actually makes me feel pretty good...

I just found out that someone fraudulently opened a wireless Verizon account under my name 9 weeks ago. We just got a notice in the mail that the account was $651 past due which is the first time we had ever received any notice about the account from Verizon. My wife and I have never had any type of account with Verizon in our lives. After calling it turns out the account was opened online using my name, address(partial), and SSN.

I've spent the last 2.5 hours on the phone with Verizon and online with Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax. The funny thing is that our credit with Experian and Equifax has been locked for over 5 years which normally prevents anyone(including me) from opening a new account/line of credit. Transunion was also locked for years but I had to unlock it two years ago to get a mortgage and I forgot to relock it. Verizon screwed up as the criminal who opened the account didn't even have our full street address correct. Now I have all three of them locked indefinitely. My wife and I have plenty of credit cards and won't ever need another mortgage or any type of loan so the safest thing to do is leave it locked.

Luckily there have been no other credit inquiries with my SSN since this one in early September. I'd be pissed if someone was driving around in a new truck under my name!

Freaking work conference through the weekend.... absolutely the worst part of my job.... minimum of 2 times a year I have to give up entire weekend :mad::mad: Red a$$ not red face!

I lost my Hideaway hybrid head cover on the course today. #pissed

I just found out that someone fraudulently opened a wireless Verizon account under my name 9 weeks ago. We just got a notice in the mail that the account was $651 past due which is the first time we had ever received any notice about the account from Verizon. My wife and I have never had any type of account with Verizon in our lives. After calling it turns out the account was opened online using my name, address(partial), and SSN.

I've spent the last 2.5 hours on the phone with Verizon and online with Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax. The funny thing is that our credit with Experian and Equifax has been locked for over 5 years which normally prevents anyone(including me) from opening a new account/line of credit. Transunion was also locked for years but I had to unlock it two years ago to get a mortgage and I forgot to relock it. Verizon screwed up as the criminal who opened the account didn't even have our full street address correct. Now I have all three of them locked indefinitely. My wife and I have plenty of credit cards and won't ever need another mortgage or any type of loan so the safest thing to do is leave it locked.

Luckily there have been no other credit inquiries with my SSN since this one in early September. I'd be pissed if someone was driving around in a new truck under my name!
That’s a drag. I locked my credit a few years back as well.

Going to be interesting couple of days waiting for MRI on Wednesday. Might have to shut it down for a couple months and go to extreme measure to save my back.

Purchased new TV tonight, get it home and rearrange all the TVs in the house to accommodate new one. Hook new one up—-doesn’t work. Got sound but no picture...back to the store it goes tomorrow.

I made it into town in time to see my coach from high school today. He passed away shortly after I left. I'm beginning to hate November. Seems everyone I know passes away in November.

What is the proper etiquette when someone is in charge of making funeral arrangements, but don't have a clue what to do and are incompetent?!

Back