Club Champion - Half off Fittings

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
There seem to be a lot of individual threads popping up about their deal, which is 175 for a 350 dollar comprehensive full bag fitting, which is good for the next couple months. I thought it would be good to centralize the discussion, and lead in with some information and a basic run through of the experience as a whole.

I've been to multiple locations. Spent time with a friend at the Indianapolis location with Joey Simon (awesome guy, loves THP), and DOCUMENTED HERE.

Locally for me is the Cincinnati location. I shared some of my experiences there and got a full putter fitting with Jeff. It's DOCUMENTED HERE.

THP has shared video pretty regularly on the THP TV YouTube channel. Here are a couple samples;

Driver fitting:

Putting fitting:

Finding the Shaft:

Pre-fit interview:

Brand Selection:

I'll let my threads do the depth of detail justice, but I do want to say that Club Champion is both mentally empowering from a fitting standpoint, but also confidence inspiring as you gain real confidence in your club selections, not to mention getting loft/lie sorted and other subtle nuances ironed out with your fitter. I know it's a hefty tag, but 175 is kind of an awesome deal to get every element of the bag decided all at once.

What I love about all the locations I've been to, is the pace and the overall attitude they have towards the process. I've heard numerous times that if it's just not your day with a club, they'll invite you back to complete your fitting at another time. They have also invited people back to validate their fittings after clubs arrive, or even just to double check. It's very low pressure, and easy to feel comfortable.

Finally, I know their overall goal is to be brand agnostic, but I would expect any good fitter to notice the trends and lean towards certain heads that have performed for them in previous fittings. My one major takeaway from each location I've been to is that having an open mind is great, but also having an idea of what you'd LIKE to have in your bag is also very important. There are a TON of heads and shafts on the wall. You need to go in not being afraid to say you want to hit a certain brand or shaft company.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Fantastic value right here! I'm pretty certain I'm doing at least a putter fitting this season since I've never done one of those.

I’ve already booked my fitting with Jeff in Cincinnati

Thanks for sharing Dan. I like fittings and they are quite knowledgeable. $175 is a such a great price for the information that you get.

In the future, I think I will try and spread it out.

Still goin.....

I might need to do this once they get all the new Cobra gear in.
It's such a crazy good deal, and creates a sort of validation in selection that is hard to measure against.

It's such a crazy good deal, and creates a sort of validation in selection that is hard to measure against.

I know hen I went and got my fitting done pre Morgan Cup it really helped me make my decision. I’d strongly recommend it to everyone who gets in. Mine wasn’t with Club Champion but I’d choose them this time around for sure.

I know hen I went and got my fitting done pre Morgan Cup it really helped me make my decision. I’d strongly recommend it to everyone who gets in. Mine wasn’t with Club Champion but I’d choose them this time around for sure.
Yeah I spent a bunch of time in the Indianapolis location hitting Cobra offerings last time. Boosts confidence SO much when you do it like that.

Might have to fit* it in on one of our upcoming trips. I've never been fit before, and I can think of plenty of other things I'll spend a couple hundred bucks on that won't give me any of fun or insight that this would. Seems like a solid deal.

Has anyone done their wedge fitting? I did a full bag fitting and felt like once we got to the wedges they asked what head I liked the look of and had me hit with some marking tape on to tell the bring and that’s it.
I did a full bag fitting about 2 years ago and while it was really informative, I can’t say I got much out of it beside learning that I have very low spin on my driver.

Has anyone done their wedge fitting? I did a full bag fitting and felt like once we got to the wedges they asked what head I liked the look of and had me hit with some marking tape on to tell the bring and that’s it.
I did a full bag fitting about 2 years ago and while it was really informative, I can’t say I got much out of it beside learning that I have very low spin on my driver.

I may be slightly off, but if you have just been through fitting iron shafts, wedge shafts are going to be along the same needs. I had them just fit me to my current bag, and had about 2 week old wedges when I just did mine, so the experience with wedges was similar to yours. However, the shafts are right along the same profile for me, and I wasn’t being fit for brand new clubs I’d be ordering. I wasn’t deterred by that part at all, however I could see how someone would be if they did the same thing with someone who was trying to get fit to new clubs. I was thinking it was more situational with me than the norm, but maybe not.

That’s what worries me. I want to focus on feel, turf interaction, proper gapping etc.
CC wedge fitting felt like an after thought. I was hoping they would go deeper into the topics above with just a wedge fitting.

Well, like I've mentioned before I'm getting a full bag fitting done this coming Friday as already mentioned in a couple of other threads. After reading the comments expressed here it kinda just reinforced the idea that I've made a good decision. My game plan is to go into this with an open mind and see where it takes me. My fitting will be at the Schaumburg, I'm location. The gentleman's name that will be working with me is Alex.

Last edited:
I actually booked a fitting for Black Friday yesterday. The driver fitting is $50 off, so $100.

Despite some of the mixed feelings I had after last year, I still want to go back and do a fitting.

I went in I think a little too open minded last year and need to be a bit more vocal about what I'm feeling to add into the numbers. Lastly, need to make sure I'm not over swinging/taking breaks the day of, there are a lot of swings in a full bag fitting.

Well, like I've mentioned before I'm getting a full bag fitting done this coming Friday as already mentioned in a couple of other threads. After reading the comments expressed here it kinda just reinforced the idea that I've made a good decision. My game plan is to go into this with an open mind and see where it takes me. My fitting will be at the Schaumburg, I'm location. The gentleman's name that will be working with me is Alex.
I'm going to see Alex tonight to do a Long Game Fitting at the Schaumburg CC.
I decided to pay for a full bag fitting even though I already got the Iron Fitting for free.
With it being 50% off a FB and 33% off everything else, paying for a Full bag gives me the Wedge and Putter fitting for $40 total - a No Brainer.
I might not end up changing clubs or wedges (I have plenty of wedges, I'm sure 2 of them will work), however this gets my bag set going in to 2020.

Went to Club Champion last night to do my Long Game Fitting
Man, I'm tired and sore this morning - Took a lot of swings.
Turns out that the shaft I had in my driver was a perfect fit for me
Tried some other shafts and just couldn't make the numbers work any better.
So that doubt has been removed from my mind.

On the Fairways the fitter actually took out a Bridgestone Tour B fairway wood for me to try.
Got my best ball speed with it and turns out I have one at home along with the shaft we tested.
So it looks like I might be able to have a 3w built with the components I already have.
Also have the 5W shaft so all I would need is a 5W - Getting out of CC cheap

Doing the Wedge/Putter fitting next week.
More to follow.

My Christmas present from my wife will be a fitting at Club Champion. I really enjoyed a fitting 3 years ago. I'm looking forward to what My swing needs now!:twist:

Went to Club Champion last night to do my Long Game Fitting
Man, I'm tired and sore this morning - Took a lot of swings.
Turns out that the shaft I had in my driver was a perfect fit for me
Tried some other shafts and just couldn't make the numbers work any better.
So that doubt has been removed from my mind.

On the Fairways the fitter actually took out a Bridgestone Tour B fairway wood for me to try.
Got my best ball speed with it and turns out I have one at home along with the shaft we tested.
So it looks like I might be able to have a 3w built with the components I already have.
Also have the 5W shaft so all I would need is a 5W - Getting out of CC cheap

Doing the Wedge/Putter fitting next week.
More to follow.
Did you have fun? Do you feel knowledge flowing through your brain now? hahaha

The best part is (at least the location I visited) there is a no hard sale pitch to buy from them. I'm thinking of doing this with my woods to see what shaft family I should be living in.

The best part is (at least the location I visited) there is a no hard sale pitch to buy from them. I'm thinking of doing this with my woods to see what shaft family I should be living in.
Yes, exactly. The two locations I've visited have been the same. I might get slightly different treatment since they are aware of my THP affiliation (that I have and/or buy at my leisure it's not like I'm looking to build a full bag).

It's probably pretty important to suggest this during the fitting. That knowledge is our power as a community, we're just looking to be empowered with a perfect fit.

If club champion was smart, they would charge for fitting if you didnt purchase anything. If you decided to buy. they should wave the fitting cost. Just my 2 penny's.

once they get all the new Cobra gear in
I was pretty set on going in for a fitting when I saw this offer a couple weeks ago, but these new Cobra irons sealed the deal.

I just got an email from my state golf association about the new location that opened up close to me and they're having the same 50% off offer, I'm really considering doing the full bag.

Back