JDax

The Finley Cooler
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 12.1
2019 Grandaddy Odds:

For the 7th time, the greatest amateur event ever created is here….

It is finally time for the Grandest Event on the THP Calendar, The Grandaddy from Callaway Golf and THP Golf. The Zoo Crew (Callaway Golf’s Marketing Team) will provide an all access pass to Callaway HQ and R&D to 13 lucky THP’ers. After HQ tours and product presentations, it is off to the ECPC for a fitting for a full bag of Callaway Clubs.

Then it is off to the exclusive Hideaway in Palm Desert for 2 days of golf competition between the THP Forum members and the marketing team of Callaway Golf. This event is extremely special to me, as yours truly represented THP in the 2017 edition.

If you want to hear what the Grandaddy is all about, click here for Live Update thread on the 2018 edition that just took place. You will be able to see everything that happens and feel as though you are with the team. If you want to get down to the soul of this event, click here to see Al's speech from 2017. Al is a member of the Hideaway Golf Club, who welcomed the participants into his beautiful home and discussed what it was all about over drinks and delicious food.

When and Where
December 3-5
Carlsbad, CA and The Hideaway Golf Club

The course that The Grandaddy is contested on, has numerous posts in the forum about the two courses at The Hideaway Golf Club (The Clive & The Dye).

If you want to research the course in more detail, the following thread is a great place to start:

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...he-hideaway-golf-courses-review-thread.78989/

The Handicaps of the Teams:

The Zoo Crew:
(Combined Handicap- 7.2)

Captain: Jason Finley- 5.7
Assistant Captain: JRod
Tony Toulon- 0.1
Luke Williams- 2
Tyler Shean- 2
Steven Sourigno- 2
Ian Barrett- 5.2
Ethan Ganot- 8.2
Dave Neville- 8.4
Jeff Newbarth- 9
Matt Browning- 11.2
Pete Avery- 11.7
Lexi Eader- 20.4

Team THP: (Combined Handicap- 11.0)

Captain: McLovin- 7
Assistant Captain: MikeG
BigSkyIrish- 1
NoShanks- 1
Radiman- 2
Zbeekner4- 4
Snickerdog- 5
JSizzle9- 8
JourdanInMich- 13
Badolds- 16
JMB3- 20
ClarkGriswold- 22
Tomcat- 33

On paper, The Zoo Crew has the edge in combined handicap (7.2 to 11.0), and although there are some new faces, this group (from a combined handicap standpoint) is one of the strongest teams from top to bottom that Callaway has ever boasted in this event. Although the Zoo Crew has an advantage here, Team THP counters with a strong top and middle of the line-up. Captain Finley has a lot of different pairing options, and will look to exploit these options to mitigate exposure to the pops that Team THP can bring to bear. Captain McLovin’s margin for error is slim as it relates to his pairings, but it not unmanageable. Depending of the pairing strategy, this could be a lot closer than it appears on paper. The general rule of thumb is that you set your pairings for the Alternate Shot stanza, and work back, we will see tomorrow how the Captains go about their pairings.

Format:
Note: Changed to reflect the actual format

Traditionally, The Grandaddy is contested over 2 days in a Ryder Cup style competition.

Day 1 includes 2 sets of 9 hole matches with 12 points available. Shamble and Best Ball are the formats on Day 1.

Day 2 is Singles competition with 12 points available. 12’ points wins The Grandaddy.

With the matches on Day 1 being of the 9 hole variety (they go quick) it is important to get off to a good start on Day 1 for any chance at victory. Also 50% of the total points in the event are on Day 1, making a quick start very important.

Opening Odds:

It is hard not to make The Zoo Crew a favorite here to open, as they have won 5 of the previous 6 Grandaddy’s. They also have a big advantage in the combined handicap metric, as well as experience playing the course. I haven’t even mentioned that the Zoo Crew plays with their own clubs, while Team THP has brand new gear that they haven’t played with until the competition starts, that is also an advantage for the Zoo Crew.

With that being said, Team THP is a live dog and on paper has enough fire power to give them a puncher’s chance. I will be paying close attention to gear selection (what isn’t *redacted*), and of course the Day 1 pairings.

This post will serve for updates in the odds and break downs as the format of the competition becomes officially known and pairings are announced. I'm ready to post an opening number.

Update: With the official format being announced, and the fact that a version of alternate shot isn't in this years format, the line will be adjusted accordingly. Without an Alternate Shot format in play, the inherit advantage of the Zoo Crew's lower combined handicap has been factored out of the line.

Team Odds of Winning The Grandaddy:

Zoo Crew -600 18 to 6
Team THP +400

Day 1 Preview:

Day 1 Match Odds (Shamble): *Updated to include Match is Halved Odds

Match 1:
Luke & Lexi +110
BigSkyIrish & JSizzle -150 2Up
Match is Halved +300

Match 2:
DNevs & Tony Toulon -275 3&1
NoShanks & ClarkGriswold +210
Match is Halved +500

Match 3:
Matt Browning & Steven Sourigno -210 4&3
Badolds & JourdanInMich +175
Match is Halved +400

Match 4:
Ethan & Pete +160 1Up
McLovin & Radiman -200
Match is Halved +350

Match 5;
Tyler & Ian -400 3&1
Zbeekner4 & Tomcat +320
Match is Halved +800

Match 6:
Finley & Neubarth -250 2&1
JMB3 & Snickerdog +200
Match is Halved +500

Day 1 Match Odds (Best Ball):

Match 7:
Luke & Lexi +130 2Up
BigSkyIrish & JSizzle -175
Match is Halved +300

Match 8:
DNevs & Tony Toulon -300
NoShanks & ClarkGriswold +240 1Up
Match is Halved +500

Match 9:
Matt Browning & Steven Sourigno -210
Badolds & JourdanInMich +175 1Up
Match is Halved +400

Match 10:
Ethan & Pete +160 2&1
McLovin & Radiman -200
Match is Halved +350

Match 11;
Tyler & Ian -400
Zbeekner4 & Tomcat +320 2&1
Match is Halved +800

Match 12:
Finley & Neubarth -250 2&1
JMB3 & Snickerdog +200
Match is Halved +500

Match Odds (Singles):

Match 1:
Ethan Ganot -225
Badolds +180 6&5
Match is Halved +400

Match 2:
Tony Toulon -150 2&1
Zbeeker4 +110
Match is Halved +250

Match 3:
Luke Williams -300 4&3
Snickerdog +210
Match is Halved +400

Match 4:
Matt Browning -400 2&1
ClarkGriswold +300
Match is Halved +600

Match 5:
Ian Barrett +110 5&3
Radiman -150
Match is Halved +250

Match 6:
Pete Avery -300 9&7
JMB3 +210
Match is Halved +400

Match 7:
Finley -500 7&6
McLovin +400
Match is Halved +900

Match 8:
Lexi Eader -250 2Up
Tomcat +180
Match is Halved +400

Match 9:
Jeff Newbarth -110
JSizzle _110 6&4
Match is Halved +250

Match 10:
Tyler Shean -110 2&1
NoShanks -110
Match is Halved +250

Match 11:
Steven Sourigno -110 1Up
BigSkyIrish -110
Match is Halved +250

Match 12:
DNevs -110 3&2
JourdanInMich -110
Match is Halved +250

Last edited:
Some of the best threads @JDax. Love reading these!!

As always well done bro. Look forward to seeing you live “from your basement” as Darth Finley so fondly refers to it.

Always a lot of fun to read Dax's break downs and odds for the various events.

Time to shock the world Team THP!

• Staff
As always well done bro. Look forward to seeing you live “from your basement” as Darth Finley so fondly refers to it.
I don't even have a basement... LOL I'll be in my office...

• Staff
Always a lot of fun to read Dax's break downs and odds for the various events.

Time to shock the world Team THP!
Team THP is a live dog, no doubt...

• Staff
#TeamTHP.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

IMG_6933.JPG

Also, tomorrow night while the Day 1 pairings are being announced in the Live Thread, E1iterate, ChefKritter, and I will be on YouTube Live with breakdown and analysis.
If you want to watch the Live Thread along with us, hit this link at 10:00 PM CST:

Copyright infringement schmoppyright infringement :rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well done @JDax always enjoy these threads!!!
#TeamTHP FTW!!!

It’s impossible to bet against the #ZooCrew they are 5 and 1.
I don’t mean this bad but I think the #ZooCrew will get off to a hot start and never look back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s impossible to bet against the #ZooCrew they are 5 and 1.
I don’t mean this bad but I think the #ZooCrew will get off to a hot start and never look back

The line could move tomorrow based on what the Day 1 pairings look like, but right now I think this for entertainment purposes only number, is close to what it would be...

Team THP is providing great line value...

The line could move tomorrow based on what the Day 1 pairings look like, but right now I think this for entertainment purposes only number, is close to what it would be...

Team THP is providing great line value...

You know my betting window is open

I love JDax line threads, awesome job once again!

Has Team THP ever had 7 guys under a 8 cap?

Love the odds threads. I'm sure they take a lot to put together, so thanks for all the work. (y)

Has Team THP ever had 7 guys under a 8 cap?
Tune in tonight we will break that down... The top 2/3s of the line ups are fairly even... The bottom third is where the Zoo Crew’s advantage takes hold...

Pairings will be interesting to say the least...

Some great Trackman numbers are being posted in the Live thread... Team THP came to play...

Team THP come Thursday afternoon

Bring that belt home.

HDQ ALERT!!!

From Asscap> @tomcat gained 25yds with his driver fitting.

Back