LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

I’m the most curious what the boys wind up with fairway wood wise, and if some even put one in the bag. It’s a fickle club for most
That's why I initially thought there might be a slightly bigger uptake of Super Hybrids....JB appears to have suggested that isn't going to be the case. I'm beginning think he might know something...

Question for the Callaway folks:

Any chance someday we'll see microelectronics and sensors in the golf clubs for data gathering to an app via Bluetooth? This is something I've thought about for the last 25 years. Like, grip pressure sensors or accelerometer in club head for speed and g-force. Don't know if it's practical but at some point with nanotech, it might be able to be fit in at low mass.

Thoughts?

Be cool if somebody went in with like an Arcoss or Game Golf system that way we could follow along

My refresh button will be hot today !!!!!!!!

Enjoy it fellas....will be following along!!

That's why I initially thought there might be a slightly bigger uptake of Super Hybrids....JB appears to have suggested that isn't going to be the case. I'm beginning think he might know something...

If it's the next in the X/Rogue line that's being introduced, those fairways are always among the best out there. It wouldn't surprise me to see someone put in a 7 wood or something in that spot with those.

I dont actually know. Maybe there will be.
I just learned about some pretty neat tech though and 8 out of 12 is a lot :)

I’m the most curious what the boys wind up with fairway wood wise, and if some even put one in the bag. It’s a fickle club for most
I wasn’t a FW fan until G410 - for some reason, it just clicked for me. I’m 100% sure one of the new fairway woods will be in the bag. There are options for everybody here and actually a pretty fluid fitting model for them. They look great and there is a stupid amount of tech. Pumped.

@mpeterson - thanks for all the support, dude. As for what I’m most looking forward to, it has to be putter and driver. I’m pretty confident with my irons and have a orettt good idea what’s going to happen there. Driver, I want to know everything and I really know nothing about what I will be for into, which is way cool. I’ve never had a putter fitting and this is going to be a blast. Between new releases and the men fitting us.... yeah.

Staring into Day 2 Like...

A162D425-05B3-4FC7-B9D0-9810572B19C0.gif

I dont actually know. Maybe there will be.
I just learned about some pretty neat tech though and 8 out of 12 is a lot :)
Aha! I meant 8 clubs total, not in 8 out of 12 bags. My thinking was some might go no fairways and 3 hybrids after driver etc.

Not surprising that Penny's Hideaway candle is already sold out. I bet she had no idea that THP would bombard her site haha

Aha! I meant 8 clubs total, not in 8 out of 12 bags. My thinking was some might go no fairways and 3 hybrids after driver etc.

They might, but I wouldn’t think they would be Super Hybrids, based on how that model fits. Ya never know though, and today will be a fun follow to find out.

All of us this morning

1575382011739.gif

Is there a way I can make one of those G hats fall of a truck and end up at someone's house? Asking for a friend...

Get in line and good luck

I still find the turnaround time from fittings today to on course tomorrow to be downright insane.

I need info on hybrids, irons and putters.

It’s fitting day! ECPC is a special place I can’t wait to see what’s going in the bag.

Without divulging any of the secrets, how many of you have fundamentally re-thought - or at least been forced to reconsider - what you are going to be looking at for your fittings today, based on what you heard yesterday?

Great question! With all the new stuff that’s coming in 2020, ita hard not to reconsider every part of my fitting today and what I think will be best for me and my game! However, with that said, @DNevsCG, @Luke WilliamsCG and @JasonFinleyCG did a fantastic job of presenting everything in a way that was easily understood so that we could have an idea of what each clubs purpose was and who it’s geared towards.

Team THP - since a lot of you are up early, what are you most interested to learn during the fitting today? Any part of your bag you're especially not confident in fit and looking forward the fitters to dial you in on?

Driving irons with the possibility of an alternative or graphite shaft. And ultimately just getting my hands on pre released equipment is gonna be SO much fun. Dnevs mentioned last night that not even the tour pros have any of this gear yet. We are literally the first ones in the world to put this new line of equipment in play. THE FIRST ONES!!! Only at the grandaddy.

I still find the turnaround time from fittings today to on course tomorrow to be downright insane.

Its one of the most under thought of parts of this event.
The unsung heroes are the ones that make the trek down to the Hideaway with the clubs after they are built.

Time for coffee in the lobby and then the team is meeting in 1 hour to hop on the bus and head to ECPC for the beginning of the day.

Good morning THP!

Where's all the east coast guys...I know there is no way your still sleeping haha

woke up around 4:30am and been dozing since. quick shower then downstairs for some breakfast. then another nonstop whirlwind begins!

Its one of the most under thought of parts of this event.
The unsung heroes are the ones that make the trek down to the Hideaway with the clubs after they are built.

I wasn’t a FW fan until G410 - for some reason, it just clicked for me. I’m 100% sure one of the new fairway woods will be in the bag. There are options for everybody here and actually a pretty fluid fitting model for them. They look great and there is a stupid amount of tech. Pumped.

Sometimes it just takes a look or a certain feel, and you’re golden. Epic 3w did that for me, and then the rogue did it one better. Just hit it with speed and let the club do the work, and then get ready to strut down the fairway for the next shot

Team THP - since a lot of you are up early, what are you most interested to learn during the fitting today? Any part of your bag you're especially not confident in fit and looking forward the fitters to dial you in on?

I'm not sure I have a good answer for the first question because I'm really interested in all of it. But I'd say putter is the area where I'm least confident in my current fit - I just have no idea at all what I need there. Can't wait for Luke and Tony to tell me.

driver. fw. hy. irons. wedges. putter. and ball. haha

driver, fw and hy are really intriguing to me. the new lineup has some unreal tech, and is very intentionally targeted toward certain types of golfers. as an internet golfer i think i know where i fall, but a tour level fitter will be able to make that determination accurately for me!

Back