LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

For Q&A: Is anyone upgrading from 2019 Big Bertha irons? If so, what do you like most about the upgrade: feel, distance, dispersion?

@tomcat gained 25yds with his driver fitting. This stuff is legit.

Luke believes most golfers should be using higher MOI
I just switched to my first mallet and I am getting much better distance control. The longer alignment helps me as well.

I just switched to my first mallet and I am getting much better distance control. The longer alignment helps me as well.

We are watching quite a bit of that right now

I know the main priority is the fitting today. However, I love to see some thoughts on the clothing. It looks fantastic. Can y'all share how it fits? Boxy? Slim or more tailored fitted? Inquiring minds want to know!

The 1/4 zip especially looks fantastic but really all of it may find it's way into my closet. Dang, that stuff looks nice!

At about 3pm ET at lunch there will be a Q and A so if you have questions post them up

How quickly do ideas generally move through the process from idea to design, prototypes, revisions, production and then release to the market? What was the quickest? What is the percentage of ideas discussed that make it to the market?

Laseeeerrrrrrrrrrssss
I take back everything I said about 2020 being "meh" if the driver has laser beams. ?

Full treatment for these guys! Podcast guest spots

1575397190025.jpeg

How quickly do ideas generally move through the process from idea to design, prototypes, revisions, production and then release to the market? What was the quickest? What is the percentage of ideas discussed that make it to the market?
Excellent questions !

Question: what's for lunch? Lol.

Great updates fellas

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

fitting is finished! swing was ok enough to be representative of what i’m trying to do. my fitter was garrett and he was tremendous.

we started with irons. i hit apex pro, epic forged, and two versions of the new irons. i mean it when i say this: one of the models outperformed everything for me. forgiveness and consistency, especially on mishits, as well as launch and spin were better with the new pro. feel was very similar to apex pro, and i loved the look at address. coming from my cf19 standard irons, the new model gives me the few small things i wished were present. we went heavier with shafts for consistency and it definitely showed.

then wedges. garrett wanted to start with the x grind because i am steep and also need help with bounce around the greens. contact felt amazing on full swings, and the pitches i was hitting were nsfw. garrett was reacting positively and said the x grind was perfect for me.

then we hit a few 5-irons so garrett could see how to start gapping the top end. after baseline, garrett handed me the super hybrid. launch increased in a big way. and gapped much better. my only issue was the look, so we tried a new hybrid and i loved the feel but the distance wasn’t where we needed it. so super hybrid +1 made the most sense.

then fairways. i was amazed at how high one of the models launched the ball. honestly it’s a window i’ve never seen with a fairway wood. off the tee i hit maybe the best feeling shot of the day, but off the deck was a solid performer too. we tried the flash and while i loved the feel and flight window, garrett didn’t like it for me.

we rounded out with driver. i took two swings with the driver he handed and me was done. the feel, launch and spin were perfect. garrett made one adjustment because the ball wasn’t starting on the right line. and then things got even better. i was thrilled!

i will confirm, but i believe i’m stock in all shafts. that was not unexpected and i’m happy with that. lies are all 1* flat. lofts on the irons will be 1* weak.

i. am. THRILLED. waiting on putter fitting.

Last edited:
Question for the boys: Anyone get fit into something that they totally were not expecting??!!

fitting is finished! swing was ok enough to be representative of what i’m trying to do. my fitter was garrett and he was tremendous.

we started with irons. i hit apex pro, epic forged, the new standard irons, and the new pro iron. i mean it when i say this: the new pro outperformed everything for me. forgiveness and consistency, especially on mishits, as well as launch and spin were better with the new pro. feel was very similar to apex pro, and i loved the look at address. coming from my cf19 standard irons, the new pro gives me the few small things i wished were present. we went heavier with shafts for consistency and it definitely showed.

then wedges. garrett wanted to start with the x grind because i am steep and also need help with bounce around the greens. contact felt amazing on full swings, and the pitches i was hitting were nsfw. garrett was reacting positively and said the x grind was perfect for me.

then we hit a few 5-irons so garrett could see how to start gapping the top end. after baseline, garrett handed me the super hybrid. launch increased in a big way. and gapped much better. my only issue was the look, so we tried a new hybrid and i loved the feel but the distance wasn’t where we needed it. so super hybrid +1 made the most sense.

then fairways. i was amazed at how high one of the models launched the ball. honestly it’s a window i’ve never seen with a fairway wood. off the tee i hit maybe the best feeling shot of the day, but off the deck was a solid performer too. we tried the flash and while i loved the feel and flight window, garrett didn’t like it for me.

we rounded out with driver. i took two swings with the driver he handed and me was done. the feel, launch and spin were perfect. garrett made one adjustment because the ball wasn’t starting on the right line. and then things got even better. i was thrilled!

i will confirm, but i believe i’m stock in all shafts. that was not unexpected and i’m happy with that. lies are all 1* flat. lofts on the irons will be 1* weak.

Awesome breakdown of your fitting Captain!

Question for the boys: Anyone get fit into something that they totally were not expecting??!!

Nate beat me to it, I too want to know this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question .... Are Odyssey mallet putters with the high MOI going to made with more of a "toe flow" design? Meaning for someone that likes the feel of a blade putter, one that uses an arcing stroke vs the straight back, straight thru method, but wants the forgiveness & high MOI of a mallet?

we started with irons. i hit apex pro, epic forged, the new standard irons, and the new pro iron. i mean it when i say this: the new pro outperformed everything for me. forgiveness and consistency, especially on mishits, as well as launch and spin were better with the new pro. feel was very similar to apex pro, and i loved the look at address. coming from my cf19 standard irons, the new pro gives me the few small things i wished were present. we went heavier with shafts for consistency and it definitely showed.

Great update. Sounds like you found some unexpected winners!

Well it has taken me awhile to catch up but WOW!! It is unbelievable what Callaway and THP has laid out for you guys. Jealous? yes, envious? yes, happy for all involved? oh hell yes!! Only in my wildest dreams.....love the updates and looking forward to the next couple of days.

Question. I'm a proud owner of a combo set of Apex 19's and would like to know if that release exceeded their expectations in terms of overall sales.

Great recap there Captain. Love that. Don't be afraid to use that fairway wood off the tee the next few days. Most holes aren't overly long off the tee. Key is being in the fairway.

Back