LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

Heads up to those following along, the latest ShipShow podcast has dropped on iTunes and I'm guessing other avenues. It starts out hot with Captain Mclovin!

Really, this is a real question?

No, it is a completely different golf ball. Different construction, different cover material, totally different golf ball. And, it happens to have Triple Track Technology.
Unfortunately, it is. I have just been playing what I have always played and I’m a creature of habit. Change is not easy so stuck with Chrome soft and haven’t looked at anything else.

I’m just up the road at Disneyland and I can say without question, the ECPC is by far the happiest place on earth. Keep crushing it Team THP!

Heads up to those following along, the latest ShipShow podcast has dropped on iTunes and I'm guessing other avenues. It starts out hot with Captain Mclovin!
it actually starts with the hosts Kev. the great guests follow....

Only nervous that everyone here enjoys themselves. Beyond that, does not seem like much to worry about.
Even without the not even released gear, San Diego weather, ECPC and upcoming Hideaway, I bet they would all say just by being there with the Zoo Crew and learning about Callaway was amazing.

It’s the people that make all this possible what really stands out...

What happens to demo/tester putters once they are used and “discarded”? Are materials broken down and reused? Do they sit on a shelf or do they get sent to the Island of Misfit Toys?

Have fun everyone and this has been a great follow so far!! Keep up the awesome posts and looking forward to living the dream through this thread over the next few days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E6820135-8E0F-4F08-9CF8-D1258988F9A1.jpeg
I know that sometimes those prototype Toulon’s end up in the bag of a THP’er at The Grandaddy...

New ball coming out ?
66127A28-269E-4DC0-BD2E-37E60C505386.jpeg

I have been playing chrome soft. Which would be better for a higher cap with a swing speed of about 105?
Both are great options. Will depend on what all you are looking for in a golf ball. ERC Soft will be a little lower spinning so that may be a little more forgiving and go further on Irons if you are higher spinning.

Is adjustability in woods & hybrids becoming a thing of the past?

not necessarily. but the weight savings and cg changes with bonded are very real. add to that the fact that it is so rare that an average golfer will adjust the loft on a fw.

Triple Track on the the "Non X" Tour ball coming, maybe?

New Ship Show is up. Featuring multiple THPers

Listening now.

Question - I have been fitted to a 1/2 toe hang blade putter at Club Champion. Now that I know Mallets are encouraged due to the higher MOI, what would be a good mallet option to consider for someone that plays a 1/2 toe hang blade putter?

Both are great options. Will depend on what all you are looking for in a golf ball. ERC Soft will be a little lower spinning so that may be a little more forgiving and go further on Irons if you are higher spinning.
Thanks. I think that could be a good fit for me. I definitely have higher spin numbers than I would like. Gonna have to buy a box and give them a try!

New Ship Show is up. Featuring multiple THPers

Listening to McLovin on the podcast now. :cool:?

Do the *Redacted* Drivers and Woods have similar Flash Face tech as the Epic Flash line... ?

I’m just up the road at Disneyland and I can say without question, the ECPC is by far the happiest place on earth. Keep crushing it Team THP!

I'll be there this Saturday........ and back in '17 after the Grandaddy I went to Disneyland and yes I had more fun at the Grandaddy for sure!

Here’s one for Doc if he’s still available. Has using AI to assist with face design made your job easier or harder? In other words, do you look at the results the AI gives you and do you say to yourself, “oh wow, I didn’t even think of that as a possibility?”

Do the *Redacted* Drivers and Woods have similar Flash Face tech as the Epic Flash line... ?

You will have to wait to find out that one.

Can anyone let us know what balls are being hit on the range (if they are a current model)... If not I will assume its a #newball

iirc it’s the current ball not the new one that will be released

For Q&A: Is anyone upgrading from 2019 Big Bertha irons? If so, what do you like most about the upgrade: feel, distance, dispersion?

I’m not sure if anyone had the BigBerthas prior, but there is a profile in the new line that will make Big Bertha players happy

Question for the boys: Anyone get fit into something that they totally were not expecting??!!

I think there were a few driver/UT fittings that surprised some guys. I think for the most part irons were fit as expected based on their previous sets.

Question .... Are Odyssey mallet putters with the high MOI going to made with more of a "toe flow" design? Meaning for someone that likes the feel of a blade putter, one that uses an arcing stroke vs the straight back, straight thru method, but wants the forgiveness & high MOI of a mallet?

the“S” neck for the mallet will offer the most flow for players that putt on more of an arc.

Someone asked about the clubs Callaway guys had the hardest time moving on from:

Finley & Doc Hoc- rogue fairway woods
Luke - Red Marxman w/OG microhinge insert
Austie - white hoy insert and razrX hybrid

I love this!!!!! Best thread of the year!!!!

Back