LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

last night me enjoyed the pre-nest. this morning me is very angry at last night me haha

yesterday was amazing. i can’t get over the pace of this event. never have i ever been tied up every minute of the day, engaged in nonstop perfection.

the dinner at al’s house was spectacular. i spent most of the night talking to the members who will be playing with us today. they were all so gracious and down to earth. and they are genuinely excited to host us today.

the rain is coming down this morning but it’s pretty light. @JasonFinleyCG is dressed for the great flood of 2019, but the rest of us are not concerned.

@radiman and i take on @HeyPeteCG and @EthanatorCG today. formats are shamble at 70% handicap and then best ball at 100%. my job will be to give us a ball in the fairway so radi can get aggressive and bomb it. the wet conditions will put a premium on hitting greens. today will be a great test of the new gear, and i am so freaking pumped to get it in play!!!

1,000 thanks to every member who is following along and engaging with us. if we missed your question, please tag me or @mikeg_74 and we will do our best to get it answered.

let’s.
f——-g.
GO!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone play well. I've got to get some work done :confused: and will catch up in a little while.

Pulling into the gates

Thx JB- can you say whether they are the current Apex MB or a 2020 offering? Did anyone find out if the Limited Tour Issue version like Molinari plays is coming out?

Theyre coming to retail in Japan and are going on sale next week according to their website. Heavy price point but available if you really want them.

@tomcat I'm excited to watch your HDCP drop like a rock.

Let's GO BOYS! Today is the day. Enjoy every moment and make sure that you take as many photos as possible. Almost time to see one of the greatest golf courses I have ever stepped foot on. The kid on Christmas morning is about to hit when you see your new sticks. So many memories are flooding back and I am so pumped others here will be able to experience this next year! You all have done a great job bringing content to the forum.

C7717D3A-9D0E-4B54-B455-5D0894028711.jpeg

that won’t take place for a lot of it, since it’s a lot of prerelease gear
For sure...I get excited over the long range or blurred photos as well. It's just exciting to imagine the reactions of showing up to the course and seeing it all!

Great videos and Thank you @McLovin for conveying what so many of us would like Callaway, Al, The Hideaway, @JB and @GolferGal to know. There is so much appreciation from this forum for all the work and generosity that goes into this event (and so may others). It's my favorite follow of the year. I hope, one day, to be a part of this amazing tradition.

And, yeah, I'm a Callaway Fan boy. Have been for years. Seeing what they do for this community just entrenches me more in that camp. I know they've got this community's back and I KNOW that they'll be making clubs for guys like me (read: hack) until the end of my days.
Fitter: What are we looking to do today?
Me: Let's start with finding as many Callaway clubs as we can that will work for me. I'm open to other ideas but we start with Callaway. Period.
(y)

Good luck today, fellas. Bring that belt home!

last night me enjoyed the pre-nest. this morning me is very angry at last night me haha

yesterday was amazing. i can’t get over the pace of this event. never have i ever been tied up every minute of the day, engaged in nonstop perfection.

the dinner at al’s house was spectacular. i spent most of the night talking to the members who will be playing with us today. they were all so gracious and down to earth. and they are genuinely excited to host us today.

the rain is coming down this morning but it’s pretty light. @JasonFinleyCG is dressed for the great flood of 2019, but the rest of us are not concerned.

@radiman and i take on @HeyPeteCG and @EthanatorCG today. formats are shamble at 70% handicap and then best ball at 100%. my job will be to give us a ball in the fairway so radi can get aggressive and bomb it. the wet conditions will put a premium on hitting greens. today will be a great test of the new gear, and i am so freaking pumped to get it in play!!!

1,000 thanks to every member who is following along and engaging with us. if we missed your question, please tag me or @mikeg_74 and we will do our best to get it answered.

let’s.
f——-g.
GO!!!!!!!!!!

Live look at Finley?

0620E35C-5B61-4585-BB91-C8E0C0A75886.jpeg

Omg golden nuggets of fun!!!

Back