LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

I AM OFFERING A DOZEN BRAND NEW CALLAWAY CHROMESOFT BALLS TO THE THP PLAYER WHO DEFEATS FINLEY IN THE SINGLES MATCH TOMORROW.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB

Team THP hitting the Nest floor like...

I AM OFFERING A DOZEN BRAND NEW CALLAWAY CHROMESOFT BALLS TO THE THP PLAYER WHO DEFEATS FINLEY IN THE SINGLES MATCH TOMORROW.

Hard fought matches out there today! Well done team THP! Looks like you all won the 1st in fun game, and that’s the only one that really matters. ?

enjoy the Nest tonight, and remember things on the internet just go away so feel free to post lots of pictures!!

DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!!

Man, What. A. Day. So much to take in yet it felt like it went by in a blur.

I had the absolute best partner in @Snickerdog. Admittedly, when we drew @JasonFinleyCG and @jeffneubarth, the nerves started kicking in right away. Didn’t help Snicks loves to poke the bear, haha. Those nerves carried over to the first tee where I could barely feel my hands and literally did not get off the tee box. I eventually settled in but I came undone on the back 9. Lucky for me Snicks played his butt off to keep it close.

I love that Finley owns the “Darth Finley” moniker. He is a killer in competition. But he is also one of the nicest people you’ll ever meet. He’s ready to bury you but also wants you to have a great time and get plenty of food/beverages.

While Finley’s legend continues to grow, you can’t overlook Neubarth today. He striped the ball all day long. He hit great shot after great shot in very wet conditions.

Now to get ready for dinner!

The modified prenest?
FIFY :p

looking back...I've made better decisions in my life. But, it was really quality time with a couple great zoocrew members. I'd begrudgingly do it again. Oh wait...we are.

i’ve been pretty transparent about my short game issues. it absolutely shocks me to say this, i did not hit a SINGLE flubbed short game shot today. not ONE. i had to flop a shot, i had pitches, i had bunker shots, and every one of them was hit well. i got up and down from spots that i would have never imagined. based on today, the x grind should be called the mclovin grind. although that has a disturbing ring to it, so i understand if they don’t take my suggestion.
I suffer from similar woes, so that is good to hear! Hopefully that stays with you through singles tomorrow! Good job today BTW!

The horse race with Johnny on the mic was an absolute blast. While video couldn’t be shot because of pre release equipment that is a fantastic addition to the Grandaddy and between the laughs and the pressure, just amazing to watch.

Just chiming in quickly today to second what everyone is saying about the Jaws wedges. I didn't end up using the 54 today, but the 48 was awesome on full shots and I loved the 58 C-grind. I used it exclusively around the green and it was super versatile. Thankfully, I didn't have to do any bunker testing. Hopefully that will wait until I get home.

Man, What. A. Day. So much to take in yet it felt like it went by in a blur.

I had the absolute best partner in @Snickerdog. Admittedly, when we drew @JasonFinleyCG and @jeffneubarth, the nerves started kicking in right away. Didn’t help Snicks loves to poke the bear, haha. Those nerves carried over to the first tee where I could barely feel my hands and literally did not get off the tee box. I eventually settled in but I came undone on the back 9. Lucky for me Snicks played his butt off to keep it close.

I love that Finley owns the “Darth Finley” moniker. He is a killer in competition. But he is also one of the nicest people you’ll ever meet. He’s ready to bury you but also wants you to have a great time and get plenty of food/beverages.

While Finley’s legend continues to grow, you can’t overlook Neubarth today. He striped the ball all day long. He hit great shot after great shot in very wet conditions.

Now to get ready for dinner!
Have fun tonight and you’ll be ready tomorrow!

Hey guys, you know what tonight is?

NEST TIME!!!!!
Riiiiiiight. Let’s all look back in time to @KEV’s trip to The Nest.
3D3252F7-E377-49F2-94DB-B2F88D77266E.gif

A little mini update.

Heck of way to battle back on the second 9, boys. Some big points gathered there.

So awesome to see all of the photos and all of the smiles.

Nothing will ever beat that @KEV gif hahaha.

<jumps in without having read anything since this morning>

Fun day with @HeyPeteCG vs @McLovin and @radiman. It was a slog once or twice but there were real golf holes won with actual golf shots, putts being made, bombs off the tee, and irons being flagged.
McLovin represented his squad and THP to the fullest, hitting a ton of clutch shots in between (@LovinMcLovin don’t read this part) blasting snot rockets into the bushes.
Meanwhile, Radiman was hitting that devilchild driving iron as long off the tee as (read: longer than) I was hitting driver. Goodness gracious!
RFC is probably not lurking on the thread but his name got mentioned a ton as everyone in our group hit some really really saucy short game shots. The most aggressive groove in golf indeed! Low bounce W grind for the win!!
Looking forward to some much deserved tequila based beverages, too many chips & salsa, and lots of melted cheese. Oh and to another amazing day at the Hideaway tomorrow. Singles day, baby!!
Thanks to everyone who makes it happen and to everyone following along at home; I hope we are giving you the show you deserve!

Was any match halved, or was each match won outright? With 12 matches would figure a few halves. Nice job everyone- look forward to the match ups for tomorrow.

Back