LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

Okay, Team THP, what was your best shot of the last 2 days?

Today on a par 5 with second shot about 254 in the rough, I used my 17* super hybrid and carried it into the green for a 15 foot eagle putt.

hit one drive yesterday on the screws that went 325 yards. That’s when I knew the driver is no joke.

Amazing job to all of you. It has been a pleasure to follow every step of this week and the journey that proceeded it.

Today on a par 5 with second shot about 254 in the rough, I used my 17* super hybrid and carried it into the green for a 15 foot eagle putt.

hit one drive yesterday on the screws that went 325 yards. That’s when I knew the driver is no joke.

The top of your bag is driver then 17* Super Hybrid ? Or do you have a fairway wood as well ?

That super hybrid is a legit fairway wood killer. I have loved my trials with it..

Everyone thank you so much for yet another fantastic Grandaddy follow. I was actually able to follow along for the entire day today and it did not disappoint. @mikeg_74 and @McLovin you lead the group well this week. To all the participants: Thank you, thank you, thank you. You had, literally, hundreds of people that were so envious of your experience and we all lived vicariously through you all the past few days. You represented all of us so well. Great attitudes and great times. The updates were fast and furious. You guys inspired so many of us. We have a little gathering of some AZ THPers coming up this weekend and more than one of us had posted that just following you guys had us so excited to get together to play, drink, eat, be merry and play again. So, you see, your impact went way beyond the gates of the Hideaway this week. You had a REAL LIFE impact on a bunch of guys that are going to do our best to mimic your experience. Not your swag, or your clubs, or your breakfast sliders but your actual experience. Getting together with a bunch of strangers from the internet and create (hopefully) some meaningful bonds. Grow our friends and family. We are inspired. Thank you.

Of course, no thank you would be complete without a shout out to @JB, @GolferGal, the entire Callaway crew, the Hideaway and their hosts and all the people that coordinated the logistics of this whole thing from travel, to lodging, etc. Thank you all, again, so much for another awesome Grandaddy experience and 2019 season. Well done everyone. Well done! Looking forward to 2020.

Hey dude, I was there... TWICE. Finley whooped my ass up and down those courses, but the dude is the nicest guy in the world. Soak it up, don't hang your head, and remember you are in effing paradise.

The golf, as you know, is secondary to everything else. LIVE IT UP
I’m catching up...
This 100%... if anyone knows how you feel it’s me...

While there will be much much more on the clubs, if you play a 5w, the new one is legit. Hit it all day long and it was so easy to get off the ground, both in the fairway and rough.

An amazing follow, team THP did a great job with the updates and pictures! It was a hard-fought battle but congrats are due to Team Callaway! So happy to hear THP will be back for another chance to take the belt in 2020!

Can't wait to hear everyone a thoughts on the new equipment as well!

just as I said that, @mikeg_74 announced Sizzle. I didn’t get a vote, but liked my idea ?

lol well...still a good idea. Sizzle get MVP for surviving whatever he caught at the Nest?

lol well...still a good idea. Sizzle get MVP for surviving whatever he caught at the Nest?
Might as well have worn a "Cougar Bait" T-shirt in there.

I want to thank Callaway, THP and the fine folks at the Hideaway for making the Grandaddy happen again, as well as for letting it come back in 2020.

Special thanks to @JasonFinleyCG for all the work he does making this event, his baby, happen. Somehow he manages to do the unimaginable and make the Grandaddy better every year.

Thank you.

I had so much fun this week. The adventure is coming to an end. I am confident in our teams ability to come together as a squad and rep the event. I know that my guys all did their very best to make the most out if the event. I am so proud to have been a member of this team.

These guys are my brothers. We went to battle and I think we won. It wasn't the belt we sought, but i have 12 friends that I'd do anything for that i didn't have 6 months ago. Top that off with the zoo crew. These guys are amazing. The generosity is unrivaled. I'm claiming Luke Williams as my honorary brother from another mother.

I have some digesting to do and I'll have some more "profound" takes that aren't typed on my phone. I hope you guys had a good follow. I hope you realize how much your support meant to us. My Grandaddy journey is coming to a close in some regard. In a few months, yours may be just starting. I'll be here for you. I will keep in any way I can.

To all the THP and @Callaway team. Awesome follow here these past few days. TO see the THP'ers get the chance to be treated like Tour Pro's at Callaway. fitted and outfitted and then the event, nothing but sweet class, thank you. To hear there is a chance for next year, awesome. Well done Gentlemen on both sides, well done....

Back