LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

I have a lot to catch up on.

It was incredible to follow this event over the last few days. Thank you to everyone who made the effort for us at home to follow along.

I feel a huge amount of pride and gratitude to be part of this community after seeing how well our fellow members represented this community on the biggest stage. From top to bottom it was all class. @McLovin was a phenomenal captan and the perfect choice to lead this group into the event. I had the pleasure of playing a round with him over the summer and after he was announced as captain, and it was clear to me that he was fully committed and particularly well equipped to serve in his captain role. It was an indescribable pleasure to watch the team come together and then participate in this prestigious and ridiculously amazing event.

A million thank yous to @JasonFinleyCG and the crew at Calloway for the efforts and opportunities they have provided through this event and to this forum. And a million more thank yous to @JB and @GolferGal for continuing to make THP such a fantastic place that takes run of the mill weekend golfers and makes them feel like the most important people in the world for a time.

And finally, a huge fist bump of appreciation to the participants this year for being excellent stewards of this event. Every one of you should be proud.

67CFC395-3D31-4A1E-B956-B3B219CD7644.jpeg
Still going strong!

90D945A1-BA3C-47B0-97C3-D027E99E08D3.jpeg

Hanging out in the lobby, waiting for the pizza.

Hopefully Team THP is crushing the pro shop right now. We need pics of purchases!
Made a trip yesterday morning and a second trip today. ?

Incrediable job Team THP and our lovely Zoo Crew friends as well. Very fun follow. Looks like everyone had a blast and those pictures were amazing to see the last few days.

Excited to see that the Grandaddy is coming back in 2020! Well done guys!

Congrats to the Zoo Crew for retaining the belt but congrats to Team THP for having the golfing experience of a lifetime and making friends for life.

Thanks again for bringing us along, well done!

Made a trip yesterday morning and a second trip today.

So happy for you Snicker! It was an awesome follow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just left the guys and just want to drop a note and say thank you to this team. What a great group of guys this is and they did this week right. Their way, but the THP way.

Wonderful time, with some fantastic THPers and they are all smiles. What a week and so glad we are going to do it all again.

So, what are the new sticks riding home in?

Just left the guys and just want to drop a note and say thank you to this team. What a great group of guys this is and they did this week right. Their way, but the THP way.

Wonderful time, with some fantastic THPers and they are all smiles. What a week and so glad we are going to do it all again.
Safe travels, Josh. We appreciate all you do - this was a hell of a week.

Congratulations to the members of Team THP! While you did not win on the scoreboard, you are the biggest winners of the week. You did a great job of representing the thousands of people that follow this forum by participating with the highest of sportsmanship and considerable effort. It is hard to travel from all parts of the country, deal with time changes, deal with the adrenaline spurts that any of us would feel with the opportunities you received and be able to go out and try to play your best golf. I recommend that you travel home, spend a day or two with your family reflecting on the great experiences you had and then come back and tell us all about it.

As a Callaway employee, I know how much effort that Jason and his group put into this event. I also know that they love this event as much or more than the member of the forum do. I think everyone can see this in the posts that they write and in the way the event is handled.

I am looking forward to the 2020 Granddaddy and all of the contests leading up to it. Thanks to all of the participants for sharing your incredible experience with us.

Just an awesome follow!

I am pretty new to this forum but I have to say this event has me hooked for life.. great work.

Hey man. It was a pleasure to meet you for the first time. The week flew by, but I hope to meet you again in the near future and pick your brain.

Thanks for giving us the platform that allows us the opportunity to be a part of this kind of experience.

I am pretty new to this forum but I have to say this event has me hooked for life.. great work.
Theres soooooooo much to find throughout THP!!!! I think if you give it a fair look and puruse around everywhere on it, youll find some amazing stuff.

On behalf of Callaway, it was a pleasure to host the THP crew these last few days. Yes we won..and Finley will bang on about the belt etc etc... but this was all about Golf being a connector of people, golfers, and what are now friends. This is a special event, and so happy for the THP team to enjoy the sunshine and beauty of palm springs and california in December (eventually after the rain!). I had a ball over both days. Played like an idiot on day one, but enjoyed every minute of it with @zbeekner4 and @tomcat. @radiman and @JMB3 saw a better performance.. but the winner was having a great day out playing golf with new friends. We are lucky this week to call this work...but its not. It's golf with great people. until next time.....

On behalf of Callaway, it was a pleasure to host the THP crew these last few days. Yes we won..and Finley will bang on about the belt etc etc... but this was all about Golf being a connector of people, golfers, and what are now friends. This is a special event, and so happy for the THP team to enjoy the sunshine and beauty of palm springs and california in December (eventually after the rain!). I had a ball over both days. Played like an idiot on day one, but enjoyed every minute of it with @zbeekner4 and @tomcat. @radiman and @JMB3 saw a better performance.. but the winner was having a great day out playing golf with new friends. We are lucky this week to call this work...but its not. It's golf with great people. until next time.....
Thanks Ian!! Was a blast playing with you and @HeyPeteCG !!

I hope our paths cross again some day my friend.

Last edited:

That they did. I’ve followed from the inception and watched it grow from afar. Each team forms and exudes it’s own identity/personality. This team was no exception. They get it and were their own.
The fact that this great event will continue is a direct result of just that.
THP, Callaway and all that put this together and represent THP deserve a standing ovation! Well done!

@Snickerdog was letting it all hang loose tonight after getting back to the hotel. Yes, his tshirt is tucked into his sweatpants. This guy is one of my favorite people. Exuding optimism and dairy at every turn!

20191205_193844.jpg

Alright THP. I'm turning in. Getting picked up for the airport at 4am tomorrow. Will have lots of thoughts to share on the new equipment when I'm able to do so.

Back