"Cheaters cheat" is my response...

Exactly my thoughts.

If this were the Browns, do you think people would be up in arms? No.

Spygate, deflategate and rub and tugs. Yeah...you don’t get the benefit of the doubt.

Exactly my thoughts.

If this were the Browns, do you think people would be up in arms? No.

Spygate, deflategate and rub and tugs. Yeah...you don’t get the benefit of the doubt.

How dare you sir. Don’t you know the world is against Cleveland? They tell us every year

So, the rest of the NFC is shaking at the prospect of the Eagles making the playoffs after last night’s performance.

You know what's strange. With all the success of the pats for so long now and given the past history, would they actually be dumb enough to try cheating at this point? In one sense they are dumb enough to even do anything at all that looks like it may have a chance at appearing suspicious and that in itself is foolish.
They would have to realize the eyes are on them. Anyone in that organization would have to be a fool not to understand that.

I honestly dont know what to think here. But all i can say is that BB was my NYjets coach for like an afternoon and the old jets owner "Mr Hess" must have rolled over in his grave like 7 times by now and still doing it knowing he wouldn't let BB have his way. Cause let me tell you, it sickens me to the core that he could have been my HC all these years. What a freaking blown call that was. And my jets have been blowing them since. Like letting McCarthy walk last year for this idiot Gase we got now.

As bad as all the years Ive had at 54 yrs old and owning seasons for 35 yrs I can honestly say its the frustrations have built up so much and the first time we dont care to go to games anymore and are questioning if we should continue with tickets even though we would lose the PSL money we paid. I mean Im alwys a fan cause I cant change it just it what it is. But Im tired of supporting and putting in the efforts. Its kind of like golf LOL:(

I just find it so comical that the current filming at issue with the Patriots involves filming a team that is now 1-12.

@rollin the way I see it, if a team has cheated and been caught/punished more than once, there’s a decent probability they’d do it again. It may be one of those “can’t help themselves” scenarios, since the team has proven they are very capable of winning big without going to those extents. Now, I doubt much comes of this particular instance and think it’s been blown a bit out of proportion

Yeah, but it’s fun.... at least for us.... the proclaimed NE haters! Just keep in mind my hatred is rooted in the fact that they always beat my team.... which I openly acknowledge.... you have that to fall back on when I say, I hope Roger Goddell takes 3 draft picks away this time.... :) ;)
Atleast your MAN enough to admit it my friend!

I would add a caveat.. None of us know exactly what was recorded (Rams walk through incident) because the evidence was destroyed. If the Pats were innocent they should be pissed that the evidence which would have cleared them was destroyed. In all honesty, why would the film be destroyed unless what was on it was damaging to the NFL. If it was the smoking gun, everyone who had bet against the Patriots would want their money back because of cheating and the NFL would be tarnished. I don't understand why else that film would be destroyed especially since the US Congress wanted to see it.
OK you start off with FAKE News and then want to be taken seriously???? They were never accused of filming the Rams walk thru, that isn't what SpyGate was about.
lol Don't let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

I keep hoping that Brady and the offense will figure it out so I can see everyone cry into their coffee one more time but It is looking less and less likely unless Nkeal Harry turns into Dez Bryant real quick.

Does anyone else think Leveon Bell isn't going to be in NYJ much longer??? it will be curious to see how they get out of his contract after this year.

I just find it so comical that the current filming at issue with the Patriots involves filming a team that is now 1-12.

My thoughts exactly. The Bengals who should be mad at themselves now have a reason to be angry at someone else. I asked this question and it was ignored also!!

I keep hoping that Brady and the offense will figure it out so I can see everyone cry into their coffee one more time but It is looking less and less likely unless Nkeal Harry turns into Dez Bryant real quick.

Didn’t you just ask people to stop being sore winners and losers?

Didn’t you just ask people to stop being sore winners and losers?
Football thread. Get that out of here.

Does anyone else think Leveon Bell isn't going to be in NYJ much longer??? it will be curious to see how they get out of his contract after this year.

They're not getting out of his contract next year unless another team wants to take on his 2020 $13.5M cap hit and $17M in dead cap. In 2021 they can get out of his contract with only $4M in dead cap.

You know what's strange. With all the success of the pats for so long now and given the past history, would they actually be dumb enough to try cheating at this point? (

What if their cheating was always the point? That this type of thing is their standard operandi? That their success can be largely attributed to it?

OK you start off with FAKE News and then want to be taken seriously???? They were never accused of filming the Rams walk thru, that isn't what SpyGate was about.

Actually, Marshall Faulk has continually accused them of it.. Lol. I've heard lots of claims without seeing any evidence. At this point it's really hard to know what happened or not with the evidence being destroyed. Can you give a logical reason as to why evidence was destroyed if it would clear a party of wrongdoing?

And no, though I'm not a Patriots fan I don't lose sleep over football regardless of what team wins or loses. Professional football is very low on my list of concerns. You come off as a fanatic that will defend the team at all cost and in our league chat that became clear. I differ in that I have gotten frustrated at my own team's management many times over the years and don't defend their many stupid decisions..

Last edited:

My thoughts exactly. The Bengals who should be mad at themselves now have a reason to be angry at someone else. I asked this question and it was ignored also!!
Wait a second, I didn’t ignore the Bengals point, just thought it was rhetorical.... I mean why does an alcoholic crave alcohol.... same reason Belichick insists of cheating..... addiction ;)

What if their cheating was always the point? That this type of thing is their standard operandi? That their success can be largely attributed to it?
Nah,.... no way. Firstly most every team sneaks what they can or stretches the rules the best they can for decades and even borders on playing dirty pool. Whatever it takes to gain an edge even at times cheating a bit. Dont think other teams have never done or do anything worse than whatever the pats have.
Imo there is far too much exaggeration in what any of this would actually mean towards success. And there is no way this team can have a run like this for well over a decade and have the reason for it be due to cheating with things like this. None of which makes anyone play the game better.

This whole long term greatness is about one major thing more than anything else. A head coach who is an anomaly , a genius of a football mind, and a system implanted by that head coach/ gm/ head of operations that is second to none and anyone who doesn't buy in is gone.

They're not getting out of his contract next year unless another team wants to take on his 2020 $13.5M cap hit and $17M in dead cap. In 2021 they can get out of his contract with only $4M in dead cap.
Steelers walked away from Antonio Brown and took a $20mm cap hit.... just saying

Nah,.... no way. Firstly most every team sneaks what they can or stretches the rules the best they can for decades and even borders on playing dirty pool. Whatever it takes to gain an edge even at times cheating a bit. Dont think other teams have never done or do anything worse than whatever the pats have.
Imo there is far too much exaggeration in what any of this would actually mean towards success. And there is no way this team can have a run like this for well over a decade and have the reason for it be due to cheating with things like this. None of which makes anyone play the game better.

This whole long term greatness is about one major thing more than anything else. A head coach who is an anomaly , a genius of a football mind, and a system implanted by that head coach/ gm/ head of operations that is second to none and anyone who doesn't buy in is gone.
So why wasn’t this genius successful as Cleveland’s HC? Coaches coach, players make plays.... Belichick is important, no denying but he isn’t taking Dolphins roster and winning a Super Bowl

So why wasn’t this genius successful as Cleveland’s HC? Coaches coach, players make plays.... Belichick is important, no denying but he isn’t taking Dolphins roster and winning a Super Bowl
many years ago.
anyone who doesnt think NFL success (especially nowadays) doesnt start with the head coach, and his ways, and his ability to get the best from his olayers and adapt to his players and use them the right way and get them to buy in, etc,etc,etc .... doesnt know what they are talking about. This isnt baseball. Great success in football is extremely so team oriented and like 300 things have to fall in place and then go right from last day of last season till the end of the next season and that is so much about the HC. And to do it this long? he is an anomaly and a football genius.

Last edited:

OK, so who else lost draft picks for cheating? Who else's coach was specifically fined for cheating? Who else's HoF bound QB was suspended for cheating? Who else's evidence against them for cheating was destroyed by the NFL?

There's a reason why the Pats keep making the news for cheating. And it's not because they're targeted nor any other conspiracy theory their fanatical defenders will offer.

It's because they cheat. Habitually. As a matter of strategical process.

If others cheat similarly, where's the evidence beyond mere supposition to support that?

Steelers walked away from Antonio Brown and took a $20mm cap hit.... just saying

And the Patriots are taking a $5.5 million cap hit this year and $4.5 million next year for AB. I’m assuming that the other teams are learning from the mistakes surrounding AB.

Wait. When? The Steelers traded Antonio Brown and got draft picks in return.
Their recent history says they dont walk away because someone is a bad person...See that rape suspension.

Their recent history says they dont walk away because someone is a bad person...See that rape suspension.

Revisionist History dude, that's how the internet works, lol.

The Steelers (is it proper that my first word choice that popped up when typing this was “Steelfibers”?) had a $21.2M cap hit for Brown this season, regardless of the trade.

The Steelers (is it proper that my first word choice that popped up when typing this was “Steelfibers”?) had a $21.2M cap hit for Brown this season, regardless of the trade.

Im aware of that, but they got compensation for that money, in the form of two draft picks. It wasn't just dead space, right?

Im aware of that, but they got compensation for that money, in the form of two draft picks. It wasn't just dead space, right?
True but that compensation won’t be realized this season, and goodness knows they could have used a few bucks to spend upgrading their receiving corps.

Back