The Official Patrick Reed thread

PKorf

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10
He just won the biggest tournament of his life. Arguably the biggest tournament of the 2018 season. He is a bit of a weird duck....crazy mixed bag, loud antics (not like Rahm), backs up his BS with his play more than not. Ryder Cup lore, Masters champion, allegedly accused of cheating at Georgia, arrested twice for underage drinking at Georgia, listens to imagine dragons on the range with headphones in, said to have very few or no friends on tour, noone really knows much about him, married with kids, ESTRANGED his mom and dad and sister in 2012 for some reason, weird wife, has won 6 times on tour, led Augusta State to Div 1 mens golf title in 2010 and 2011, 2008 US amateur runner up...

This guy is hard to figure out.

See his new proto irons? They look nice, but also kind of tacky, if that's possibl iI'm guessing they're Titleist?

1575560151263.jpegThey did the forgings but I don't believe they're the company. They sort of have a t***y look to them:

Those new irons really are working for him this week tho...

******* douche.

He is a ............douche bag. He did the exact same thing in 2015. I’ll bet his college teammates can attest. Only one that has openly is Kiz. How in the world does Slugger call him a gentleman? Can’t wait to hear the crowds next week.

What did he do? Stuff his 1 wiggle in the green or something?

Anyone want to argue that he's not a douchebag now after his stupid shovel display yesterday while taking ANOTHER ass whipping?

And Reed's caddy can't roll with him tomorrow because he got into a fight with a fan after the round hahahaha

Amazing.
You can’t make this stuff up. Dude has trouble & misfortunate situations surrounding him.

And Reed's caddy can't roll with him tomorrow because he got into a fight with a fan after the round hahahaha

Amazing.

Horrible. I do wonder what both sides are though. You know this guy is getting blasted, so curious.
I mean this wasn't foreign back in the day with Stevie.

You can’t make this stuff up. Dude has trouble & misfortunate situations surrounding him.

He does it to himself. He has a history of doing shady crap in college, but according to him, its not true despite the fact that multiple teammates have said the same thing. He gets caught plain as day improving his lie, but according to him, the camera angle is to blame. There is no accountability with him and it's everyone else's fault, never his.

I’m sure someone has it on video out there. I’m sure of it

I'm torn on it because fans should know their limits but the caddie has to know you can't shove a spectator. It's amazing how much controversy this one guy causes.

Amazing.

If Reed continues to want to portray the villain, he better get used to it. Especially, since other than at Augusta, it has become somewhat common for players to be heckled or verbally abused by fans. The atmosphere at a golf tournament is changing and shows similarities, although to a reduced extent, with other sports. It’s becoming “acceptable” to verbally harass golfers.

In the team events, this atmosphere is also becoming common. And the Presidents Cup is becoming the Ryder Cup’s little brother. USATW (US against the world). The atmosphere where being verbal is tolerated coupled with the fact that alcohol is sold and consumed could lead to problems. Players and caddies need to avoid confrontation. Have the fans removed if it’s that bad but don’t go after them.

It’s not a good idea for a caddie to have a physical confrontation with a fan. It has the potential of turning into a situation that could get really ugly. It has the potential for a bar fight like situation. Not smart to physically confront fans who have been fortified with Fosters.

It reminds me of the old adage:
You don’t bring a golf club to a bar fight.

Reed + atmosphere of team competition + alcohol influenced fans = potential for very ugly situation.

Reed's new iron sponsors must be jumping with joy...

Oh the irony of Captain America who certainly has loved and fed off the fan heckling can't take it now that it's on him. In these team events it's to be expected and the pro's should know how to handle it. The way he's acted is very selfish, he knew doubling down on the Bahamas incident would just blow this up and impact the whole team but still elected to do so. Web Simpson must be re-evaluating his participation in team events after what he had to endure this week, he didn't look to be enjoying himself too much out there...

I'm torn on it because fans should know their limits but the caddie has to know you can't shove a spectator. It's amazing how much controversy this one guy causes.

I agree fans should know their limits but is saying “you f***ing suck” crossing the limit? I feel there have been way worse yelled at athletes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree fans should know their limits but is saying “you f***ing suck” crossing the limit? I feel there have been way worse yelled at athletes.

That's a good point. The spectator was an idiot for yelling that but it wasn't the worst thing.

Never feel sorry for a man who has a Green Jacket - and a "Master's themed" Porsche, to match (not to mention a Lamborghini).

Time heals all wounds so we'll just have to see how Reed handles his growing up.

That just happened to be the straw that broke the camel’s back. It wasn’t that specific comment, but the combination of all the chirping received throughout the week. It’s self inflicted, but at the same time, maybe calm down there a bit Aussies. Needle with the bad play, maybe keep the already stale sand comments dead and buried where they belong.

I agree with the fan. He does in fact ******* suck. ;)

He does it to himself. He has a history of doing shady crap in college, but according to him, its not true despite the fact that multiple teammates have said the same thing. He gets caught plain as day improving his lie, but according to him, the camera angle is to blame. There is no accountability with him and it's everyone else's fault, never his.

Sociopath behavior.

Back