Review Breakthrough Golf Technology Stability Tour Putter Shaft Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great write up @Jman!!!

Thanks for letting us know about this. Looks interesting, but it sounds like something you have to try to understand, which you kind of hit on in having a hard time describing it. I am definitely having a hard time imagining what increased stability would add to a putter.

Thanks @Jman. I have been learning more about multi-material putting shafts over the last few months and have become curious about the feel and weight distribution. Thanks for the information. I like the idea that the BGT Stability Tour keeps the traditional weight distribution while being lighter overall, but at that price point, I think I would have to try one out for myself.

Thanks @Jman. I have been learning more about multi-material putting shafts over the last few months and have become curious about the feel and weight distribution. Thanks for the information. I like the idea that the BGT Stability Tour keeps the traditional weight distribution while being lighter overall, but at that price point, I think I would have to try one out for myself.
Thanks for the kind words sir.

Fwiw, it’s not lighter overall, it’s the same weight as a traditional steel putter grip, it’s part of what they wanted to accomplish to keep familiarity for players. It’s simply much much stiffer without being heavier. It’s why when it gets compared to SL I always try to step in and help people distinguish them.

Thanks for the kind words sir.

Fwiw, it’s not lighter overall, it’s the same weight as a traditional steel putter grip, it’s part of what they wanted to accomplish to keep familiarity for players. It’s simply much much stiffer without being heavier. It’s why when it gets compared to SL I always try to step in and help people distinguish them.
I just reread and now I understand. I misunderstood the first time as they lightened but maintained stiffness, when in fact it’s a traditional weight, just stiffer. I am wondering whether that is something that I would notice on my mid-mallet putter, as opposed to someone using a conventional mallet shape?

I just reread and now I understand. I misunderstood the first time as they lightened but maintained stiffness, when in fact it’s a traditional weight, just stiffer. I am wondering whether that is something that I would notice on my mid-mallet putter, as opposed to someone using a conventional mallet shape?
Its hard to say. I definitely notice it more on my 373g SWAG than my 350g, but I'm sensitive to weight more than most I have come to realize.

I've been waiting for this one! Will check this one out now!

Solid article James, thanks.

A quick question. For the Stroke Lab concept we've heard where putters had gotten out of hand in terms of head weight so we saw counter balancing introduced. So where Stroke Lab is trying to get putters back to a more "balanced" weight/set up and avoid extreme weighting, does the BGT not worry about counter balancing and are mainly focused on stabilizing the putting stroke?

Solid write up, @Jman ! I would still love to put one of these up against the stroke labs I have, but like the review mentioned, $250 for just the shaft is a little hard to swallow. Being able to always change them out would be a benefit though, as I can swap a putter shaft in about 20 minutes.

Anyone know if you can snag one of these through budget golf at all and utilize the THP discount by chance? Or can you only buy them directly from the company?

Anyone know if you can snag one of these through budget golf at all and utilize the THP discount by chance? Or can you only buy them directly from the company?

As of right now Budget does not carry them.

As of right now Budget does not carry them.
I didn't think so, but thought it was worth the shot.

New stability shaft?! Time to give this a read.

New stability shaft?! Time to give this a read.

Oh my god. I'd still love to try one but not at that price tag. The putter is the most expensive club in the bag by a mile and adding another $250 on top is too rich for me. I don't understand the 20% increase in price over the original.

I find these shafts extremely interesting in many ways. I know there is a statistical improvement as putter shafts get stiffer. Just like the LAGOLF matrix putter shafted used by Bryson D. There is torque in putting, and deflection. so minimizing those just makes sense. I just wonder in real terms if these translate to made puts...

I have not been able to quantify that yet.

Oh my god. I'd still love to try one but not at that price tag. The putter is the most expensive club in the bag by a mile and adding another $250 on top is too rich for me. I don't understand the 20% increase in price over the original.
To be fair, a lot who will be interested in this are already playing crazy expensive putters, so the price isn't that hard to swallow.

Thank you for reading the article(y)

To be fair, a lot who will be interested in this are already playing crazy expensive putters, so the price isn't that hard to swallow.

You also have to put it into perspective as it relates to driver shafts. Many and maybe most are willing to drop $300-400 for a premium driver shaft you hit 8-12 times a round. But scoff at a putter shaft costing less than that but use 30-40 times a round. That has never been my hold up. I just wonder if it makes real world difference.

You also have to put it into perspective as it relates to driver shafts. Many and maybe most are willing to drop $300-400 for a premium driver shaft you hit 8-12 times a round. But scoff at a putter shaft costing less than that but use 30-40 times a round. That has never been my hold up. I just wonder if it makes real world difference.
Its why its a hard one to review. For me, it does, but for you, it may not.

I'm in that group of paying too much for a putter but taking a flier on another $250 is tough for me to swallow. Watch me eat those words someday.

I'm in that group of paying too much for a putter but taking a flier on another $250 is tough for me to swallow. Watch me eat those words someday.
Eh, your gamer isn't approaching the price realm I'm speaking of.

Its why its a hard one to review. For me, it does, but for you, it may not.

I am totally willing to pay that price, if I can see real benefit to it. I would love to demo one but that brings up other difficulties.

I have slightly expensive putters (compared to OTR), but oddly enough I'd probably put it in one of my cheaper mallets I have if I ever did it haha

Eh, your gamer isn't approaching the price realm I'm speaking of.
$700 isn't in the ballpark?! Dang, I guess there are some golfers with WAY too much money.

$700 isn't in the ballpark?! Dang, I guess there are some golfers with WAY too much money.
lol yea $700 isn't quite there yet haha. That's pretty much my realm for some of mine, and while pricey, it's cheap in the overall putter world.

I am guessing you two know each other and there is a fair bit of sarcasm in this.

Back