Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo Irons

Anyone that's gamed the OG Launcher HB how's the forgiveness on the new turbos comparatively? I know the main selling points I've seen are another half club of distance and also sound/feel is better.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Walked 9 today with my HB Launchers in the bag today. Forgot how easy to hit these are, effortlessly! Are the latest version really that much better?? Mine have Px 5.0 steel. Only thing I’d change would be to try stiff graphite in them.

Anyone that's gamed the OG Launcher HB how's the forgiveness on the new turbos comparatively? I know the main selling points I've seen are another half club of distance and also sound/feel is better.

Walked 9 today with my HB Launchers in the bag today. Forgot how easy to hit these are, effortlessly! Are the latest version really that much better?? Mine have Px 5.0 steel. Only thing I’d change would be to try stiff graphite in them.

Biggest improvement is distance for me (I just have experience with the longer irons) part of which may be a shaft change.

Miss is still left and pretty bad left

Maybe a tad bit more forgiving off the toe.

Hope that helps

Biggest improvement is distance for me (I just have experience with the longer irons) part of which may be a shaft change.

Hope that helps
Thanks.

Hope that helps
Thanks! I'm debating if a half club is worth twice the price. I'm coming from f9 OL so I know I'm going to be losing distance already with the OG hbs. I would guess the turbos would be similar to the f9 in length.

Thanks! I'm debating if a half club is worth twice the price. I'm coming from f9 OL so I know I'm going to be losing distance already with the OG hbs. I would guess the turbos would be similar to the f9 in length.

I have some good data comparing F9 (variable) to HB Turbos - I just need to post it, I’ll try to get it up tonight

i'm getting better distance with my OG HBs than I was with my F9 OLs...on my local course, there's a par 3 that goes over water...with the OLs, i had to use my 6...with the HBs, i'm using the 7 and reach comfortably...then again, my recent lesson has helped me a bit so there's that part of the equation. maybe i'll take the OLs out again to see...

Took these out the other day to compare to the following iron sets:

These have the :TrueTemper: AMT Red R300

Bridgestone J15 DPF with :TrueTemper: Elevate Tour S300

Cobra F9 Irons with :NipponShaft: Modus Tour 105 Shafts in Stiff Flex.

Wilson Launch Pad irons with KBS Tour 80 Stiff Flex Shafts

In terms of performance - from a number perspective as well as Dispersion and Trajectory, I the F9s performed the best - mind you my inconsistent amateur swing changes each session lol.

Irons Trackman Dispersion 12.22.19.GIF

Irons Trackman Trajectory12.22.19.GIF

Orange is the Turbo Color for all of the data.

The HB Launcher Turbos - surprisingly were one of the lowest launching irons, I wonder if it's the shaft in there as most of the feedback is the high launch in these. Definitely makes sense where I see the Launch Pads and F9s launching higher. Speed on these was in line with the J15s which was a surprise to me, but it's been a bit slower last couple outings.

But the dispersion and forgiveness is there in these irons - compared to the other ones, I didn't have an really short significant distance losses. Solid performance, I think can be improved on.

Turbo 6i Trackman 12.22.19.GIF

The J15s are my babies, tried and true and lots of great golf played with these - lateral dispersion was pretty tight, however not as great on the mishits as the other three sets - could get out there with the others but definitely giving up the forgiveness. From a launch standpoint, the lowest if not one of the lower ones.

J15 6i Trackman 12.22.19.GIF

Cobra F9 6i - This had the best launch - pretty tight dispersion, fastest ball speed and highest spin - 4,900 RPM spin for a 6i, almost 700 RPM better than the other heads. Solid outing for the F9

F9 6i Trackman 12.22.19.GIF

Wilson Launch Pads - probably the second best performer for me, lower spin good launch, second best to the F9s and had ball speed up as well. Definitely felt like I needed to step into them in the bay that day to get them to do what I wanted. Solid outing.

Launch Pad 6i Trackman 12.22.19.GIF

The Turbos delivered in the space where I fell for them - accuracy and forgiveness - all strikes were consistent and the carry distance ended up pretty close to the target, didn't lose too many short or left/right.

Took these out the other day to compare to the following iron sets:

These have the :TrueTemper: AMT Red R300

Bridgestone J15 DPF with :TrueTemper: Elevate Tour S300

Cobra F9 Irons with :NipponShaft: Modus Tour 105 Shafts in Stiff Flex.

Wilson Launch Pad irons with KBS Tour 80 Stiff Flex Shafts

In terms of performance - from a number perspective as well as Dispersion and Trajectory, I the F9s performed the best - mind you my inconsistent amateur swing changes each session lol.

View attachment 8920030

View attachment 8920031

Orange is the Turbo Color for all of the data.

The HB Launcher Turbos - surprisingly were one of the lowest launching irons, I wonder if it's the shaft in there as most of the feedback is the high launch in these. Definitely makes sense where I see the Launch Pads and F9s launching higher. Speed on these was in line with the J15s which was a surprise to me, but it's been a bit slower last couple outings.

But the dispersion and forgiveness is there in these irons - compared to the other ones, I didn't have an really short significant distance losses. Solid performance, I think can be improved on.

View attachment 8920034

The J15s are my babies, tried and true and lots of great golf played with these - lateral dispersion was pretty tight, however not as great on the mishits as the other three sets - could get out there with the others but definitely giving up the forgiveness. From a launch standpoint, the lowest if not one of the lower ones.

View attachment 8920032

Cobra F9 6i - This had the best launch - pretty tight dispersion, fastest ball speed and highest spin - 4,900 RPM spin for a 6i, almost 700 RPM better than the other heads. Solid outing for the F9

View attachment 8920029

Wilson Launch Pads - probably the second best performer for me, lower spin good launch, second best to the F9s and had ball speed up as well. Definitely felt like I needed to step into them in the bay that day to get them to do what I wanted. Solid outing.

View attachment 8920033

The Turbos delivered in the space where I fell for them - accuracy and forgiveness - all strikes were consistent and the carry distance ended up pretty close to the target, didn't lose too many short or left/right.
That's pretty interesting the hbs launched so low comparatively. Are these OL or VL F9s?

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a cheap set of OG launcher HBs knowing I'll give up some distance. If they don't agree with me I'll probably try and sell them on eBay and get a proper fitting.(this is what I originally planned on doing in January, then compulsively bought a used set on eBay.)

That's pretty interesting the hbs launched so low comparatively. Are these OL or VL F9s?

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a cheap set of OG launcher HBs knowing I'll give up some distance. If they don't agree with me I'll probably try and sell them on eBay and get a proper fitting.(this is what I originally planned on doing in January, then compulsively bought a used set on eBay.)

VL F9s - it might be the shafts as others have hit this exact combination higher than me and other feedback in the thread is that they launch high.

VL F9s - it might be the shafts as others have hit this exact combination higher than me and other feedback in the thread is that they launch high.
Which shafts do you have in the HBs? I didn't see that vs the others.

I tried out the 7i today with a Modus 105 shaft in reg flex and it sure is making me ponder a set. They definitely sound different than the Altitudes...higher pitched maybe? Felt really nice though..why do I do these things to myself

I tried out the 7i today with a Modus 105 shaft in reg flex and it sure is making me ponder a set. They definitely sound different than the Altitudes...higher pitched maybe? Felt really nice though..why do I do these things to myself

Golf equipment is FUN!

i'm not there yet with respect to looking at dispersion "control" and whatnot but if there is an appreciable gain to be had in the turbos over the og launcher irons, I may have to jump on a set...

i'm not there yet with respect to looking at dispersion "control" and whatnot but if there is an appreciable gain to be had in the turbos over the og launcher irons, I may have to jump on a set...

only one way to find out lol

Such a club ho. I grabbed the OG Launcher HB's just a few weeks back. I just now jumped on a used set of Launcher HB Turbo's I found on ebay in graphite for a good price. I've never done graphite in irons before, but i'm looking forward to it. I have a net in my backyard/garage depending on the time of the year so i tend to hit quite a few balls.

Such a club ho. I grabbed the OG Launcher HB's just a few weeks back. I just now jumped on a used set of Launcher HB Turbo's I found on ebay in graphite for a good price. I've never done graphite in irons before, but i'm looking forward to it. I have a net in my backyard/garage depending on the time of the year so i tend to hit quite a few balls.

looking forward to hearing your impressions

looking forward to hearing your impressions
We're supposed to come in yesterday but USPS screwed up and I am STILL waiting on them. I played a round last night with the OG launchers and the 5 and 6 flew soooo much better than my OL F9s 5/6.

It seems to be a trend toward the hollow/hybrid type irons with Cleveland, Cobra and Tour Edge to name a few. I thinks it's a good trend even for those that don't think they need them. The HB Turbo have gotten some very good reviews. I will be looking at the HB Turbo & UHX irons later in the year. I know not everybody can get over the clunky looks, but if I can improve my scores with them then in the bag they go.

I know Crossfield is now a Cleveland staffer but cool to see him game these in his 2nd bag

I know Crossfield is now a Cleveland staffer but cool to see him game these in his 2nd bag

He's been a big fan of launcher HBs since the originals. He has review vidoes that are VERY positive of both clubs.

I got my new set in today but won't have time to hit them until tomorrow. I was kind of worried about the graphite weight since ive never hit graphite clubs before but they aren't too crazy light feeling.

Back