January Fitness Challenge

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Alright, December was a rough one for me. Lots of snacking, lots of lazy. With the schedule I've got growing in front of me for this year, I think it's time to get back on the wagon.

Who's with me? What are you doing to make a difference for yourself in January? Diet? Exercise? Anything at all?

I am in for sure. I feel the worst I have in a long time.
Diet, exercise and some practice time are needed.

Starting monday - Peloton for dayyyyysssss

Also going to start to try to drastically increase my water intake.

After a few weeks on the new bike I'll probably start to eat way better as well. Don't want working out to be ruined by too much junk

Definitely up for a change in diet . Also, I want to start working on improving my flexibility and hopefully my golf swing,

back on the peloton starting tonight, been a terrible few months. If I can get back in a rhythm with that, back to low carb in a couple weeks.

I also plan to eat the entire bag of reeses peanut butter trees in the pantry tonight. Then I can't eat them slowly for the next month and I'll feel guilty enough to work out. ?

Last edited:
I'm for sure doing to stop eating so much junk. We had our final family Christmas yesterday so that should really help.

I went to the actual gym for the first time in ages last weekend so that's a start. I've been rotating between my rowing machine and yoga the past couple of days. That's my main goal is to rotate those workouts 6 days a week.

I will be in on this one.

On days I don't play or go to the range (about 4 days/week). I plan on getting on the Bowflex LaterlX for 20 min. and doing SuperSpeed Training.

My diet will change just due to no more holiday parties and food in the office.

I wrote down some goals yesterday, December provided lots of excuses to miss workouts and eat crap. 2020 is giving a chance to start the decade off on the right foot.

Walked 18 yesterday, plan to get something done physically at least 6 days a week and cut the garbage intake back severely. Have a big golf trip coming up this year where I will be walking 5-6 rounds in 4 days and want to enjoy the experience instead of being sore and ridiculously tired.

Just going to watch my diet a bit more. Cut out some of the excess snacking

How many of you guys eat trash at night just to eat trash. I was in my pantry like 10 times last night looking for nothing, ended up eating nothing, and am so glad about it this morning.

I'm the kind of person who doesn't go out seeking trash, but if I see it and I want it I just go after it recklessly. Ugh, it's awful.

I'm down for more sleep this month!

December with work trips and Christmas parties was a bad month for running. Hoping to get back to 3-4 times per week. Plus I've picked up yoga recently. Surprisingly good.

December with work trips and Christmas parties was a bad month for running. Hoping to get back to 3-4 times per week. Plus I've picked up yoga recently. Surprisingly good.
crazy good for golfers.

September-December were rough for me. Need to get back on the wagon and start the year off right in January.

Getting my diet straight is always the difference maker for me, and if I couple that with any type of physical activity the pounds usually shed off.

Last edited:
How many of you guys eat trash at night just to eat trash. I was in my pantry like 10 times last night looking for nothing, ended up eating nothing, and am so glad about it this morning.

I'm the kind of person who doesn't go out seeking trash, but if I see it and I want it I just go after it recklessly. Ugh, it's awful.

Same. I am cleaning out my kitchen this weekend. I need to get back in the habit of a) writing out shopping lists, b) shopping when not hungry and c) shopping after going to working out.

Amazing what doing 2 of those 3 does for my shopping habits which controls so much of what I end up consuming.

crazy good for golfers.

Has also done wonders for my legs and running. Seem to recover quicker than before. Just have an at home app, but so far fully committed haha

Has also done wonders for my legs and running. Seem to recover quicker than before. Just have an at home app, but so far fully committed haha
you lost me at 'running' haha

Laid down the law, no more potato chips allowed in the house, sat down watching football and next thing you know, just sad little crumbs left!?

Laid down the law, no more potato chips allowed in the house, sat down watching football and next thing you know, just sad little crumbs left!?
I said to the wife she could buy whatever she wanted, but we needed to start considering having an alternate pantry I don't know about haha

I found myself doing this on a nightly basis, looking, looking, looking, and eventually just eating something to eat something. Now I don't go to the pantry and my snacking has been reduced.

BTW, @Canadan I did start a 2020 fitness thread, so you can feel free to jump over once January is over! You may want to check it out, @OITW will have pictures of his 1/2 marathon later this year!

We've definitely committed to eating better, so yes on the diet. I also want to ride my bike more, and include at least dumbbells into a daily routine.

I found myself doing this on a nightly basis, looking, looking, looking, and eventually just eating something to eat something. Now I don't go to the pantry and my snacking has been reduced.

BTW, @Canadan I did start a 2020 fitness thread, so you can feel free to jump over once January is over! You may want to check it out, @OITW will have pictures of his 1/2 marathon later this year!

Oh damn, you went full on year long thread on me!

Doing a lot of everything. New diet, going to the gym, yoga and running

Oh damn, you went full on year long thread on me!
It was a risk... but I wanted to look longer term for my goals as opposed to month by month. We'll see how many can stand me for a year long discussion o_O

Back